IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Did i just do something bad.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-10, 10:21 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by montgb
I'm assuming this is a Seibon or ViS CF hood. No special treatment is required - just wash & wax like your normal finish.

Some members use additional coats of clear to ward off "yellowing" from extended exposure to sunlight. Robs_IS250 would be the best resource to talk about this, since he went through the process.

I've had CF parts on my car for over three years with no problems.
It's best to get CF parts pre-clearcoated so it wont yellow from the sun, i have a few friends that didnt get that done and they regret it so much haha
Old 05-04-10, 10:39 AM
kimIS
Rookie

Originally Posted by KWang
pics ? i mean.. it certainly seems like you like your decision so thats all that matters =D

so i got the letter for IS pedal recall as well.. what did they actually do ?
they swap out ur pedal n make it so that when u press pedal and brake at same time it will cut off ur engine power.
Old 05-04-10, 12:13 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kimIS
they swap out ur pedal n make it so that when u press pedal and brake at same time it will cut off ur engine power.
But if the brake is pressed FIRST, the gas still works (just like BMW- perfect for hills, launching, etc )
Old 05-04-10, 03:24 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mxis350
BLAHH how is CF rice???
any cosmetic mod is RICE.. if you hear me say rice i go by the REAL definition. RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT...... i hate when people say it's rice. just say it looks like SHHHET! lol
Old 05-04-10, 03:37 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
any cosmetic mod is RICE.. if you hear me say rice i go by the REAL definition. RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT...... i hate when people say it's rice. just say it looks like SHHHET! lol

you just broke my heart lmao
Old 05-04-10, 04:29 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
you just broke my heart lmao
I don't think cf looks like "Shet" lol i think it looks like shet if he partially painted it the way he said he wanted it. i like your car rob. don't cry lol better make it out to the state of stance meet!
Old 05-04-10, 04:43 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mxis350
Ones a CF hood starts turning yellow does that mean its done for?? Or can it just be polished and refinished??
Might as well be. You can remove the gelcoat (get down to the CF) and reapply it, but that is a hassle.

If you plan on keeping your car parked outside every day during the summer, you can expect the CF hood to eventually take on a yellow hue. For what it's worth, Seibon guarantees no discoloration for 6 months.

My car is covered in CF, but it's also garage kept and I use a car cover if it's ever parked outside (except for shows ).
Old 05-04-10, 04:44 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
Why do the trade in the first place? The weight savings?

Its not going to save you so much weight that you'll even feel the difference. Seems like a potential headache with possible finishing flaws and cash out of your wallet for little return.

I'd say dont' do it at all, my 2 cents.

Oh yeah, and all that "paint an L" stuff is deff rice IMO. But thats just my opinion.
Nothing more really needs to be said. This was the perfect reply.
Old 05-04-10, 04:48 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
I don't think cf looks like "Shet" lol i think it looks like shet if he partially painted it the way he said he wanted it. i like your car rob. don't cry lol better make it out to the state of stance meet!
haha i'm gonna try to get my car out there, i doubt i'm going i already have the reservations for the hotel & boat at the tiki bar for memorial weekend!
Old 05-04-10, 05:16 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

a bit off topic but i would like to know... when u went in for the gas pedal recall, did they replace your brakes as well? i have a letter from my local dealer to come in for the gas pedal recall and also on the letter is a statement saying they will replace the brake system to ensure my safety.... my brake pads and rotor need to be replaced...
Old 05-04-10, 08:19 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Ok guys I got my car back.. the hood is a Seibon hood. its a bit scratched but nothing some good work wont fix.... im loving how it looks with out the paint i want... ill pospone the paint untill i get a CF trunk and Roof... THEN ill deside if i paint.
Old 05-04-10, 09:15 PM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll do you one better $150 for a F-sport exhaust installed!

I'd paint the sides and leave the middle carbon. A black roof would compliment it too.
Old 05-04-10, 10:31 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

The salesman trying to sale the car off a Lexus lot will want to have the car close to factory as possible. You giving him your hood plus $100 was a better deal for him.

If you like your CF hood, thats all that matters. I don't know how much they run, but it save you the time to buy one, install, then try to sale your factory one.
Old 05-05-10, 05:36 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Just got home all exited to take some pics but my wife is out in the car maybe later or tomorrow.
Old 05-05-10, 07:43 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Wife just got here but its dark... quick pix i took wile cooking Carne Asada before my wife went to get me beer. 5 DE MAYO!!!!!

Quick Reply: Did i just do something bad.......