Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I carry grenades.
Old 05-05-10, 02:00 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColtM4A3
For car use I'd look into something like this.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0045006228564a.shtml
Read teh reviews...those are kinda crappy.

Actually, maybe not, it was the combo ones that were...who knows how good these are.
Old 05-05-10, 02:14 PM
SpecLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supaIS350
What's it to you if someone wants to exercise their rights and carry a handgun? The 2nd ammendment is in the constitution for a reason. The OP was asking about a safe for his car, not your opinion on his rights.
You're right, and I'm offering my opinion of where he should place that safe, no where.

Alas, the constitution was written over 235 years ago in rectifying american independence. The american army consisted of minutemen, men who armed themselves. Think of the jim crow laws. These are laws created by man and falter at some point realizing it doesn't always deem justified.
It's all an idiotic arms race. You get a gun, the other person gets a rifle, then grenade, a rocket.... Obviously gun have made this world a better place.

And really, observing a bureaucratic "gun class" now deems you qualified to make life and death choice?
Old 05-05-10, 02:23 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, parts of this thread reminds me of the slickdeals threads on everything gun and ammunition related that turn into gun debates.

Sorry I couldn't offer any helpful input whatsoever.
Old 05-05-10, 02:23 PM
dixieman
Rookie

Angry

Wow- sometimes I think we should ditch the 1st ammendment
Old 05-05-10, 02:26 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SpecLexus
You get a gun, the other person gets a rifle, then grenade, a rocket...
and you finally end up with nuclear weapons and world peace when national leaders realize how crazy it is to have full-scale wars. Sorry, I'm done. This thread shouldn't degrade into a debate about gun control, which will never end.

+1 for putting a gun in the glovebox and locking it. Good enough IMO.
Old 05-05-10, 02:34 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You're right, and I'm offering my opinion of where he should place that safe, no where...
yea i agree with you, getting the gun out of a safe can be a hassle, should be kept on you at all times, good point
Old 05-05-10, 02:40 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would put it in your trunk, and have it bolted down. when leaving your car and you do not feel the need to bring it with you, or fire arms are not allowed, pop your trunk and put it in the safe, when entering your car, pop you trunk and your ready to go.
Old 05-05-10, 02:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Guys let's keep the gun-related politics and constitutional discussion constrained to the debate forum (not in this thread).

If you've got constructive conversation about options for the OP's question, please carry on.
Old 05-05-10, 02:55 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dixieman
I look at it this way- why DON't you carry a gun in your car? I have my SIG P228 in my glove compartment and a Glock 19 in a gun vault under my bed at home.
Dude, what's wrong with you? You're sick, carrying a SIG 228 in your GLOVE COMPARTMENT. What are you thinking?

It ought to be at home under the bed. Put the Glock in the glovebox.
Old 05-05-10, 03:41 PM
dixieman
Rookie

Glock has the light . I had the mossberg 12ga but I don't practice enough with it!
Old 05-05-10, 05:46 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glock has the light ...
i never understood the reasoning for putting a light on a firearm, it just gives the guy hiding the bushes somewhere to aim at *think about it*... only light imo would be a IR lite used in conjunction with NVG, that way you can illuminate your surroundings and still keep your position covert...

to be ontopic... bolt the safe in the trunk
Old 05-05-10, 06:48 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

You're right, and I'm offering my opinion of where he should place that safe, no where.

Alas, the constitution was written over 235 years ago in rectifying american independence. The american army consisted of minutemen, men who armed themselves. Think of the jim crow laws. These are laws created by man and falter at some point realizing it doesn't always deem justified.
It's all an idiotic arms race. You get a gun, the other person gets a rifle, then grenade, a rocket.... Obviously gun have made this world a better place.

And really, observing a bureaucratic "gun class" now deems you qualified to make life and death choice?

On topic, I want to put a 'locking compartment' into the center consolf of my GS...haven't come up with an idea of it yet. My Glock 30 fits perfectly in the 'second' center console...now if I can only find a way to lock it with some sort of combo/bio lock so it'd be quick access....

You could always go custom...weld up a box, put a locking lid on it.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-06-10 at 05:06 AM. Reason: did not follow moderator direction on topic
Old 05-05-10, 07:31 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I look at it this way- why DON't you carry a gun in your car? I have my SIG P228 in my glove compartment and a Glock 19 in a gun vault under my bed at home. I tried carrying a cop but he wouldn't fit Now my safe downstairs has all of the fun stuff

I have seen people bolt the gunvault in their trunk though- might want to try that as I don't think there is room under the seat.
Woot! Another Sig P228 owner!

Rocking mine in the trunk. Why? Because I can.
Old 05-05-10, 09:21 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Glove box or underneath the seat for me, when you roll with a Ruger LCP you can hide that sucka anywhere, lol

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed a safe?