IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

new mod coming heres before pics teaser

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-10, 04:47 PM
Noz
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myisdos50
i have plenty of money if i wanted to paint the kit i would i like silver and cf

well suspension wtf haha ill just have to send them back i orderd for awd thats what they sent me but im glad you guys pointed that out for me before i ripped it apart thank you guys alot

i enjoy the haters id rather not have my car look like every other is on volks im awd im not putting staggard wheels on id rather not risk messing anything up
Just because people give you constructive criticisms on your car doesn't mean they are haters. Also, it's good to be unique, but it has to be a in a good way.
Old 05-19-10, 04:55 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw what kind of wheels are those anyways??
Old 05-19-10, 05:19 PM
myisdos50
Driver School Candidate

looks like im getting the bc's then haha. i hate the waiting game i just want it dumped
Old 05-19-10, 05:41 PM
myisdos50
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kevenhang
btw what kind of wheels are those anyways??
konig after burners the roads are rediculas around here reason for knock off of the gram lights, id rather buy 2 sets of these then have to buy a new set of gram lights when they get dented from pot holes
Old 05-19-10, 05:44 PM
myisdos50
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Noz
Just because people give you constructive criticisms on your car doesn't mean they are haters. Also, it's good to be unique, but it has to be a in a good way.
if they dont like it why waste there 3 minutes of there life saying they dont like anything about it.... if i dont like some ones car i dont hate on it i try to look at what there going for and the potential but thats just me i guess
Old 05-19-10, 06:10 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

maybe its the drop but those rims look like 17's ... i'm thinking you should of dropped first then got the rims or done both at the same time so you won't look like your trukin LOL..The rainbow rims can look nice with the right drop/ offset/ size but hard to pull it off even with the right rims... by the way what type of rims are yours? anyway you have a nice start, im waiting for your finished product...

these pics are gramlights 57pro titanium

Old 05-19-10, 06:39 PM
Noz
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myisdos50
if they dont like it why waste there 3 minutes of there life saying they dont like anything about it.... if i dont like some ones car i dont hate on it i try to look at what there going for and the potential but thats just me i guess
The thing is, when you post on a forum on the internet, you are leaving it open for good and bad comments. You really have to expect both and not take all criticisms negatively. Sure there are people who just straight hate, but I believe most people on CL are just trying to help. When people criticize my car, I stop and think... maybe this doesn't look good. People say "As long as you are happy, that's all that matters", but I honesty would want to know if something I did was in bad taste. I've def been helped by CL members in that way.
Old 05-19-10, 07:04 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OP - those wheels kill your car. Some of it is the lack of a drop, but I also agree with 9relude8 - you have to plan your mods carefully if you want to pull off the burned titanium/rainbow wheel look. Plus, the chrome wheel face looks cheap.

Swap those things out and you'll be back on the road to success.

Last edited by montgb; 05-19-10 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-19-10, 10:03 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

These pics are gramlights 57pro titanium

[/QUOTE]

Yup at first I thought your wheels were gramlights!!
If they were they were Gramlights i bet everybody would get off your back about the wheels
Old 05-19-10, 10:19 PM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

The overall "look" isnt bad. I think you just have alot of good ideas that you want to put all in one "look". The wheels do not match the CF look that you have going on bro. Im loving the CF, and i like those wheels, but with the silver car, black CF, and rainbow wheels, it just doesnt blend very well. It screams contrast, although some contrast is good, too much is overkill. I like your tails, maybe if you changed the color of the kit, everything would flow better. Not hating, just giving you my opinion. Loving the roof too!!! Drop that bish, get a Greddy SE Exhaust, and paint your kit silver and you should be set!!
Old 05-20-10, 06:37 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

I think the drop will help with the look of the wheels. Right now they look so off because of the gap in the wheel well...when it sits better, they'll probably flow better.
Old 08-08-10, 12:02 PM
myisdos50
Driver School Candidate

Default new mods an pics

Old 08-08-10, 12:41 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

props for being unique and sticking to what YOU like.

though something just feels little off but hard to pin point what that is..

happy modding
Old 08-08-10, 12:57 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your car reminds me of Photoshop, Grayscale car, and RGB color wheels.

Not hating, I love Photoshop.
Old 08-08-10, 01:06 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd get the carbon fiber roof spoiler and trunk spoiler. Looks better, but I'm still not digging the wheels.

Quick Reply: new mod coming heres before pics teaser