IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Accident....might be scam...any help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-10, 05:24 AM
dat-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine got slightly rear ended recently and the cop said just because she got hit in the rear doesn't mean that it's the other person's fault. So you may have a chance here. Just make sure pictures are taken.
Old 05-09-10, 11:27 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were "going so fast", wouldn't you have had to slam on the brakes causing the nose of the car to dip?
Old 05-09-10, 11:32 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i hope u win buddy, that is why i moved away from all of that and im viet too.
Old 05-09-10, 12:15 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

If you were driving too fast and brake hard, the nose of your car will dive down resulting in damage to your hood and under his bumper. There would also be skid marks.

Since he backed up into you the damage should be bumper to bumper thereby showing you were not trying to brake to slow down.

A seasoned accident investigator would be able to figure this out.
Old 05-09-10, 12:22 PM
weenstan
Driver

Man that is seriously effed up, I hope you don't get screwed.
Old 05-09-10, 12:40 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

i think insurance carrier comes into the role here also...
i've heared if you are covered by big company then they have better chance of winning situation like this...
Old 05-09-10, 01:55 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RDAVILA702
File a police report, and take pictures of where the accident happened. Make sure you take a picture of the actual road to prove there were no tire marks left by your car.

If you were driving fast enough to have to slam the brakes before hitting someone -ABS or not, there should be some tire marks. Thus, proving you did not hit him.
+1. Tell your insurance company, and file a complaint against him. Yes, it's your word vs. his, but if he continues to pursue it, and they find video or other evidence vs him, he'll be facing criminal charges of insurance fraud.
Old 05-09-10, 02:07 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

wow, this dude probably doesn't have enough money to pay for his car. so, he has to insurance fraud to paid for it. man, that's low.
Old 05-09-10, 02:44 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

You'll see him around probaby. I'd have my fist in his mouth at the next social event. Get buff before Tet/TTT or something like that lol. Hope all goes well with this.
Old 05-09-10, 03:09 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

All your insurance co. cares about is saving money they will not waste much time(money) investigating. If your car has ABS it won't make skid marks. I think your only prayer is to do a background check on the driver to see if he has done this before. Your Ins. co. can do this. Last year I was rearended & the driver lied & said I cut him off. He had a witness that said I cut him off. A CHP came to the scene & wrote a report saying what the witness said & less than half what I said. It went to arbitration & they believed the cop who was not there at the time it happened. My fault.
Old 05-09-10, 03:52 PM
KWang
Pole Position

yup. agreed . scam to the max... hire a PI and screw that SOB
Old 05-09-10, 09:37 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This makes me sick. I hope you got his home address... I don't know what I'd do if someone did this to me, but I'd probably end up in jail if caught.

Side story: I was driving with about 9 other Club Lexus members yesterday in a convoy and almost got into an accident. I was making a left turn and there was another left turn lane to the right of me. As I was making the turn the guy to the right of me makes a U-TURN right in front of me! I almost hit him because I sped up to close the gap with the IS in front of me, and had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting him. I honked and then he had the nerve to honk back. I was tempted to follow him home but didn't want to ditch the convoy. STUPID PEOPLE ****ING SUCK!
Old 05-10-10, 08:24 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

wow thats pretty messed up. i had some lady back up into my beater at a light then take off. i had to report it so she wouldnt report it and say i hit her.

i agree with the black box. there should be info in there stating your speed and maybe even how long the brakes were applied for. also like others said if you were going that fast and hit him, your car would of probably went under his.
Old 05-10-10, 08:24 AM
Signal_jp
Lead Lap

man, i am livid!!! I live in san jose and im vietnamese and this makes me sick. this ***** has some nerve. if that were me, i would blow my lid! PM me his name, my dad has a huge influence in the vietnamese community. ill find out what i can do for you. my dad also owns a body shop. ill see if i can get some details for you.
Old 05-10-10, 09:30 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry to hear that....

make sure your insurance's adjuster take a look at both cars...they can tell the difference between you hit the car in front of you or the guy's backing up and hit you

good luck and keep us posted....

Quick Reply: Accident....might be scam...any help