IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dumb girl backed up into my car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-10, 12:05 PM
PrincessK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb girl backed up into my car.

So, i was driving out of the parking garage on campus, and this girl in a white scion tc is about to back out of the parking spot on the left of me, and i saw her about to come out, so i waited for her to back up. DUMB GIRL backs up too much and hits my bumper, but before she could hit my car really hard, i put my car in reverse ( not even thinking whether any other cars were behind me on a one way parking garage, luckily there was no car behind me) and tried to reverse so she wouldnt hit me, but she sped up and hit my bumper. It is a small scratch, but definitely should be fixed, come on it's a lexus! and then she tries to say she didn't see my car, therefore that how the accident happened. WELL DUH you didn't see me, that's why you hit me. How else do accidents happen..and now she is trying to say i was driving recklessly, that's how she hit me. This is ridiculous, because if i were driving recklessly, the impact would have been CRAZY HARD and damage would have been bad, but she was lucky i wasn't driving fast, i was at a complete stop at one point, until i tried to reverse out of her way. This girl STILL hit me. so..the officer didn't want to file a report to the insurance bc he said it'd be better to pay out of pocket on both our sides bc we wouldnt have to deal with insurance raising and all that, so he said if she doesnt follow up with fixing my car and etc, to inform him and he will notify the insurance companies. So..the girl's mom says that i need to learn how to drive correctly. SAY WHAT? that lady is dumb. and now they told their insurance company that i am trying to get them to pay for any type of damage or scratch on my car including their damage to my car. That is ridiculous, the estimate from Lexus only states about my bumper and the scratch that her car caused. They are still trying to deny all this, and now the insurance companies are involved blah blah blah and the officer is trying to contact them, dumb lady won't answer our calls, but i have all their info. So..okay to the point, SHE BACKED UP INTO ME, and research shows that 99.9 percent of accidents, the person that backed up into the other car is at fault.. so ..i hope i can win this and she pays the damn fee..UGH, venting to all of you lexus members! sorry, please comfort me and help! i am sooo bummed.
Old 05-13-10, 12:17 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it should be fine because the cop is on your side. its kinda weird he didnt file the report though
Old 05-13-10, 12:17 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Damn that sucks for you. Hopefully you get it all sorted out and seems like officer is on your side at least. Makes me wonder what the hell she was looking at the whole time to back out of her space and still hit you and say she didn't see you.

I've learned to use the horn more especially in parking lots. I almost got backed into by a lady driving a huge SUV who stopped inches from the front of my car. It was ridiculous she backed up at least 10 feet and was still rolling at me at the same speed. This was like my 3rd or 4th time taking my car out but the horn saved me.

The officer gives you the option to file it or not depending on the damage. If a car has sustained huge damage or is inoperable they will file no matter what.
Old 05-13-10, 12:18 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Did you take picture at the time of the accident?
Old 05-13-10, 12:19 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

any pics of the damage.. if there are 0 dents you can just buff em off... i hit a post at 1-3mph and just scratches with no dents and it buffed off in 10 mins

Andre
Old 05-13-10, 12:22 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

WTF! the girl accused you of reckless driving, and then her mom questions your driving ability?? damn gurl! time to give one texas sized b1tch slap! jk (not really). in all seriousness, the officer was there, and he/she did see the damage. the girl who backed into you was clearly at fault, and im surprised her mom didnt reprimand her about driving correctly...after all, she DID cause the accident. you don't have to hope about winning this one. the cop even saw the damage her car caused. she and her rude mom will have to pay. just try not to worry about it. as far as getting everything painted, once a part of it has to be painted, the entire section should be blended to the same color as the body. their claiming that you want every scratch covered up, which isnt fair because all cars get little scratches here and there. it was their fault, and its their responsibility to cough up the dough and pay for the damage associated with their wrongdoing, which if its to re-paint the bumper, then the ENTIRE bumper shall be repainted (which as a result would get out those minor scratches too ) no worries gurl! hope it all gets resolved soon!!
Old 05-13-10, 12:35 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I hate sheisty people like that
Old 05-13-10, 12:43 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Next time, make them pay on the spot before letting leave the scene. Otherwise report it to the insurance company.
Old 05-13-10, 01:11 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Shoulda made a report... now you're gonna have to chase them down for the money...

Good luck with everything tho!
Old 05-13-10, 04:53 PM
shui3000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why the double post? moderator, delete
Old 05-13-10, 05:42 PM
Dunkin1222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shui3000
why the double post? moderator, delete
Does it bother you that much?
Old 05-13-10, 05:48 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any accident... gear in reverse's fault... almost 90% time...
i say u got nothin to worry about...
Old 05-13-10, 05:49 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about your little accident but you screwed up by not insisting the office write a report.
Old 05-13-10, 08:21 PM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

dang, that sucks much. Hopefully everything works out to your advantage.
Old 05-13-10, 08:51 PM
YooNiBaLL
Lead Lap

whenever you get into an accident, you should have a recording device such as a phone handy and record the conversation. many people will act nice so you put your guard down then do stuff like this.

Quick Reply: Dumb girl backed up into my car.