IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I hate police!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-10, 10:07 PM
DaNiELx626
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iono man seems like a hard case lol i got a ticket for running a red light ( orange to red)... it was red when im like half way of the intersection and still got pulled over :/ i tried to fight it but lost cuz the officer showed up.. goodluck with ur case
Old 05-13-10, 10:39 PM
loroko
Rookie

Default weird huh (esto parece muy Familiar)

please read

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...week-ever.html

Old 05-13-10, 10:58 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by loroko
first, one son of %$&^*& scrash the bumper of my 7 month old IS250/08 and then Costa Mesa officer in Orange County said the my music was too loud, i don't have system only my plain Navigation ML (i love it)

BS............ latino+spanish music+lexus= ticket

Do you know how much is the ticket ????
How is this BS!?!

Did you get pulled over for a) being Latino, b) playing spanish music, c) driving a Lexus or d) playing your music too loud?
Old 05-13-10, 10:59 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Unfortunate situation, but I don't see what he did as profiling. He pulled you over because of what he saw from behind.
But what makes me question the whole thing is if you were forced into the carpool lane because someone cut you off, how come the cop didn't see the car who cut you off? Cutting someone off to the point where they have no choice but to swerve over is nearly an accident and a dramatic scene. If it was that bad, the cop would have gone after the other guy instead of you. If it wasn't that bad, why not just slam on your brakes and stay in your lane?

As far as the weed thing. Hard to say what was going through his mind.
Old 05-13-10, 11:54 PM
Chadley6mt
Driver

Chiming in from toronto...

The cops here are pussies, i would of said, listen officer....maybe your judgement was not clear but i had executed that manouver to avoid a collision, now would you rather a collision? or common sence?

oh you smell marijuana? i smoke it an hour ago it was weak and i already ate, it was my last nugget so im dry sober and being harrased by law enforcement...what was it your ticketing me for again?

hmm.. also id like for you to write your name and badge number in a ledgible manner on this summons to appear in court so i know exactly who to complain about for harrasment.

law enforcement ...ticketing a motorist for reacting in a way to save his own life and the life of his girlfriend and unborn child?. poor judgement. fight it in court dude... i look mexican but im of Trinidad heritage. thats down right poosie movements dude see if you can try and fight it... the law states:Officer must have a belief beyond a reasonable doubt.

good luck brother.

Last edited by Chadley6mt; 05-13-10 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-14-10, 12:00 AM
Chadley6mt
Driver

i hear law enforcement in the US is retarded. i do believe it..100%
ever since tupac got beat down!
Old 05-14-10, 12:03 AM
tnogi
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fr0st
on the bright side, an accident is most expensive than a ticket.
Yes sir I know, that is the bright side and was what kept me happy..

Originally Posted by cupid0210
DUDE!! That truly sucks bro!! Are you smoking Marijuana?? WTF!!! Damn PIGS.......I dont know how strict the courts are in Cali, but you should fight it anyways, Thats what I always do whenever I get tickets and not one of them is on my record.
I dont even smoke regular cigarettes, thinking I should fight it got nothing to lose plus if I do lose I could always get traffic school.

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
latino/blad/wearing a white tshirt... well if you also had on a button shirt with just the neck button buttoned and a bandanna over your bald head pulled to the eyes im SURE he woulda let you off with just a warning
I should've said "orale oficial, you want mi green card tambien?" hahaha

Originally Posted by stonefan52
That's gheyyy...honestly I could go on a long rant about how I feel the california police dept. needs to be revamped and how all LAPD should be fired and new ones should be hired, but that's for another thread. End of story, LAPD rather make money for the state anyway they can rather than keeping you safe or taking care of bigger crime. Tragedy, I don't feel safe anymore in LA, being in south central and I can't rely on LAPD to do nothing other than give me tickets, received 4 this past school year for small things. When my time at USC there have been cars vandalized, I've personally been chased by a guy with a knife, and have seen so many crimes go, as well as hit and runs. Last year freshman was hit by a car going through a redlight and killed, where were the cops you tell me. AND on top of that, my friend and I have been put in handcuffs for talking back about getting a ticket for crossing the intersection when the hand is flashing, not even officially jay walking. Yeah, that's LAPD for ya.
Yes sir LAPD is the worse in the force, Sorry to hear about you and your friend.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Sry to hear about that toHn. You can try to fight it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Seems like they could make any excuse to say regardless of your intentions you broke the law
I know Ive heard from bad to worse about fighting moving violations.

Originally Posted by radicalrev
Damn tohn! hopefully you can fight it bro...wish u all the best!!
Thnx brotha i appreciate..

Originally Posted by Frosty250
That sucks man.. Try to fight it and if it doesn't work then just pay it. Good luck man!
Thnx bro I will but hopefully I get lucky and he doesnt show

Originally Posted by vangis350
That sucks. Don't get me started with my stories of being screwed by the cops. Try to fight it.
This isnt the first time I get harassed by the PD

Originally Posted by EmeraldLexuSC3
Sounds like a routine stop to me...and what does having to be mexican/spanish, bald and wearing a white shirt I have to do with the situation!?!? The CHP pulled you over for making an illegal move, not the color of your skin. You were the one profiling not him. If you felt that he was in the wrong for citing you, then you can plead your case, simple as that.
The CHP was doing his job, and those like you just like to complain to complain because you were inconvenienced for a safety fraction.
Honestly I agree with you it seems like a routine stop to anyone that hardly gets harass BUT the implications, assumptions and non necessary questions that were what made me feel profiled and harass. Have you ever been asked "is this vehicle is registered under your name when the reg and ins state the same in their hands after they had it for over 10mins? do you have any marijuana or drugs? how about, you want to tell me something I should know?" because 80% of the times I get that. Im bald and brown but not by choice. SO I appreciate you comment to explain the PIGS actions but not enough for this case, Im usually understanding of law enforcement behavior but not this one brotha...

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
maybe nothing/maybe everything? what if toHn was some hawt mdl chick in a bikini with HUGE... umm... front body kit? would he *oops she* have gotten off warning? who knows/who cares/why do you care anyway? its his story to tell... you one cop?
hahaha I know..

Originally Posted by KWang
all cops have to be stereotypical . its their job i guess .. if they wern't , they wouldnt last 5 mins in the field
Very true Ive been dealing with that for years. Once I got pull over as I was driving off my driveway and the pig said you matched a suspect we were after earlier today... its was only 10amish

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
i say fight it bro. it might take awhile, but it'll be worth it. because you were preventing yourself from an accident, even though it was an illegal lane change, some court judges may see that as a necessary act. three of my friends (one latino as well) have illegally changed into the carpool lane without having 2+ people in the car or waiting till the dotted white line. all three had their tickets reversed. its bogus to an extent because its still illegal, but its worth a shot. sucks that it had, but better days to come man!
Appreciate you advise thnx, I will try to fight it to the end plus I heard that the more I prolong it the more of a chance the pig wont show.

Originally Posted by stooky
wait so what did he give you the ticket for toHn? he said he COULD have given you a ticket for those things but gave you one anyways?
He gave me crossing double yellow and unsafe lane change.

Originally Posted by EmeraldLexuSC3
What does anything you said have to with the context of his story!?! And why is everyone quick with identity but not the cause!
And Yes, it is his story, however it spews hate, and from his story it sounded like the CHP was giving him the benefit of the doubt and being cordial about it, not the *** like some here make him out to be!
You have a problem with that!?
The Identity has lots to do with it if your not white hehe jk but seriously though as a young latino male bald ive been stop alot for random reasons like " you match a suspect, the vehicle match a stolen vehicle, just random paperwork check sorry" can you believe that? I dont hang out with gang bangers nor talk like one...
If you are a cop then your probably the exception? can you write me off a ticket? hahaha jk

Originally Posted by mistuhdan
iono man seems like a hard case lol i got a ticket for running a red light ( orange to red)... it was red when im like half way of the intersection and still got pulled over :/ i tried to fight it but lost cuz the officer showed up.. goodluck with ur case
DAM sorry to hear bro, Im hoping he doesnt show for mine hehe...

Originally Posted by loroko
OUCH!! you were probably listenning to PAISA music huh...?!?! they dont like that in the greater part of the OC hahaha...

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Unfortunate situation, but I don't see what he did as profiling. He pulled you over because of what he saw from behind.
But what makes me question the whole thing is if you were forced into the carpool lane because someone cut you off, how come the cop didn't see the car who cut you off? Cutting someone off to the point where they have no choice but to swerve over is nearly an accident and a dramatic scene. If it was that bad, the cop would have gone after the other guy instead of you. If it wasn't that bad, why not just slam on your brakes and stay in your lane?
As far as the weed thing. Hard to say what was going through his mind.
Yes very unfortunate especially since the pig said he did not see that car cut me off, remember he was a few cars ahead in the same lane I was and just saw me swerve and jerk my car. I don't think he stopped me because of being profiled.... he started to profiled me as soon as he got to my window though...
Couldn't slam on the brakes because the car behind me was tailgating so I avoided getting sandwiched, the weed thing had me seriously thinking that pig was out of his mind for him not to notice as soon as I opened my window to him, thats if I was but I have never even smoked a cigarette in my life...

thnx all for the advise and concern
toHn
Old 05-14-10, 12:09 AM
tnogi
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadley6mt
Chiming in from toronto...

The cops here are pussies, i would of said, listen officer....maybe your judgement was not clear but i had executed that manouver to avoid a collision, now would you rather a collision? or common sence?

oh you smell marijuana? i smoke it an hour ago it was weak and i already ate, it was my last nugget so im dry sober and being harrased by law enforcement...what was it your ticketing me for again?

hmm.. also id like for you to write your name and badge number in a ledgible manner on this summons to appear in court so i know exactly who to complain about for harrasment.
law enforcement ...ticketing a motorist for reacting in a way ato save his own life and the life of his girlfriend and unborn child?. poor judgement. fight it in court dude... i look mexican but im of Trinidad heritage. thats down right poosie movements dude see if you can try and fight it... the law states:Officer must have a belief beyond a reasonable doubt.
good luck brother.
Originally Posted by Chadley6mt
i hear law enforcement in the US is retarded. i do believe it..100%
ever since tupac got beat down!
hahaha good ish bro lol BTW my girlfriend is asian so if I told him my unborn son is a triad already with 8 convictions wouldve been funnier Canadians dont f around huh...
thnx
Old 05-14-10, 02:32 AM
Chadley6mt
Driver

Originally Posted by toHn
hahaha good ish bro lol BTW my girlfriend is asian so if I told him my unborn son is a triad already with 8 convictions wouldve been funnier Canadians dont f around huh...
thnx
philipinos cant be triads...lol (im assuming by your sig)

but i really do hope you get some sort of closure for your wasted time with lapd...esp in a lex. they should look out for bmw and benzes instead.
Old 05-14-10, 04:56 AM
dixieman
Rookie

Go file a complaint against the cop. I hear that all complaints are reviewed before promotions, and if he has a few it might effect his chances of advancement.
Old 05-14-10, 05:19 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had my fair share of encounters with traffic cops - I live in one of the strictest counties in the country. For the most part, I've been various degrees of guilty each time.

That said, I have a couple friends & family members that are cops, and they have one of the hardest jobs in the nation. Every time they confront a suspect or approach a car, their life is on the line because you never know if the perp is crazy or not. Some are better than others, no doubt - but we should all be grateful for the job that they do. It troubles me when I hear them called "pigs" or any other variation of that.

Sorry to hear about your story, fight it in court if you think you were wronged. I understand that you're angry, but ease up on the rhetoric - it doesn't sound like you were unfairly treated.
Old 05-14-10, 05:31 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn its the same every where but jersey police literally make everyone get out the car if u get pulled over for not SIGNALING! smh maybe i was getting pulled over for DWB while driving a black SC idk COPS PROB SUCK EVERYWHERE