IS x50 COP MAGNET

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 03:58 PM
zzang
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
You must drive like an *** lol.

I got pulled over for running red, pulled over for driving 85 in a 45 zone, and have not gotten a single ticket in the IS in the 4 years I've had it.

Damnn..85 in a 45 zone.
Old 05-17-10, 04:07 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrcheerio
i've got pulled over one time in my is...

Heres the story and its a good one too.

three lane road and im the 1st car in the middle lane at the stop light, theres an altima coupe in the right lane and the cop is behind the altima. Light turns green altima screeches tires and speeds off, i just drive. Cop gets behind me and turns on his lights...

Im like you gotta F*** kidding me... i pull over. Cop gets out and hes one of those i think ima badd *** cop, wearing like army camo pants and a side arm on theigh with a bulletproof vest that says POLICE. He starts questioning me if i own the car etc. then he asks me if the car came with the tints on it and i said no. ( i have 20% tint which is barely illegal here in FL) then he says thats why he pulled me over and what not, so he asks for my liscence and registration and proof of insurance and i hand it over and as he's about to walk to his car, you hear lighting and it start pouring rain. In my head im like serves your right for harrassing me... he hands over my information and says just get them changed and runs back to hs squad car soaked in wet... no ticket nothing ....

HAHAHA
i win

mrcheerio - 1
Policeman - 0
Similar story to me. Was in my buddy's car (600hp SRT-4) and he decides to run his dad on Okeechobee (you should know where thats at) his dad mind you in like an 800hp vette, they both take off, some ricer integra was behind trying to keep up and a cop rolls up and pulls over the integra and gave him the ticket we my buddy and his dad doing about 145mph, lol.

But as far as tints here in FL the legal limit is 28%, so you have to get a 30% to be safe cause factory windows add about 3% to tint meters... But F that I roll with 5% all the way around, lol
Old 05-17-10, 04:13 PM
NoHoIS350
Pole Position

Been in L.A. for 12 years never got pulled over. Got my black IS350 which came with tinted windows all around. Pretty much all stock, cops never bothered me. I added coils & black wheels 4 days later pulled over for my tint. Then 3 months later on my way to Willow Spring for a track day i was caravanning up to the track with a M5 in front of me. A M3 behind me & another M5 behind the M3. We ALL go through a speed trap ALL going 80-83. Cops pulls out speeds up to get us. Nope he practically cuts off the M3 gets behind me pulls me over i get a ticket, 83 in a 65. The M's nothing. 2 of the M's were white 1 was silver. My car black. I guess they stereo type in cars as well.
Old 05-17-10, 07:15 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoHoIS350
Been in L.A. for 12 years never got pulled over. Got my black IS350 which came with tinted windows all around. Pretty much all stock, cops never bothered me. I added coils & black wheels 4 days later pulled over for my tint.
Yes, and how dark is the tint (%) that seems to attract attention of cops?
Old 05-17-10, 07:31 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NoHoIS350
Been in L.A. for 12 years never got pulled over. Got my black IS350 which came with tinted windows all around. Pretty much all stock, cops never bothered me. I added coils & black wheels 4 days later pulled over for my tint. Then 3 months later on my way to Willow Spring for a track day i was caravanning up to the track with a M5 in front of me. A M3 behind me & another M5 behind the M3. We ALL go through a speed trap ALL going 80-83. Cops pulls out speeds up to get us. Nope he practically cuts off the M3 gets behind me pulls me over i get a ticket, 83 in a 65. The M's nothing. 2 of the M's were white 1 was silver. My car black. I guess they stereo type in cars as well.
this sucks. Cop must of been a Big Money Waster(BMW) fan.
Old 05-17-10, 08:49 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by HighImStan
I just got pulled over last night. Cop said it was because I cannot tint my fronts. After he got my driver's license, he radio in to check and told me he would not give me a ticket. I think the tint thing was just an excuse. Don't think my fronts are that dark....
OT: What rims are on your car? I like!