IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS x50 COP MAGNET

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-10, 09:36 PM
f0rsaker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS x50 COP MAGNET

i've had my IS for 2 months, i've gotten pulled over 3 times. One i admit i was caught 10 miles over the limit, but the other 2 was just stupid random stops.......

I dont know what it is. my previous car was a black 350z with pitch black tints, an i never got pulled over in the 3 years i owned it..... don't know what it is............ definitely FML
Old 05-16-10, 09:38 PM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

woow, you would expect to get pulled over more in the Z....IDK is your car Red or something, or is it the silver one in your Sig?
Old 05-16-10, 09:39 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well.. Ive had my IS for almost 2 years (matador red, as some people describe it - a cop magnet) and I have never gotten puled over... **knock on wood**

Maybe you are just having some bad luck...?
Old 05-16-10, 09:44 PM
f0rsaker
Driver School Candidate

It is the silver one

heck yea..... Well as long as they dont give me a ticket, they can pull me over as many times as possible,

On a possitive note, im getting a Valentine One. ASAP
Old 05-16-10, 10:25 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

Ehh I've been pulled over for going through a do not enter (timed), speeding 12mph over, driving without registration, being at a location that had a drug deal occur right before i drove by. Fortunately I've only received a ticket for the registration since I didn't know considering I had just received my car back from the shop after two months of repair work on it.

Overall it's been a slight increase in pullovers from my previous cars: a volvo s80 and a toyota highlander haha.
Old 05-16-10, 11:52 PM
HighImStan
Pole Position

I just got pulled over last night. Cop said it was because I cannot tint my fronts. After he got my driver's license, he radio in to check and told me he would not give me a ticket. I think the tint thing was just an excuse. Don't think my fronts are that dark....
Attached Thumbnails IS x50 COP MAGNET-imag1158.jpg  
Old 05-16-10, 11:58 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Well.. Ive had my IS for almost 2 years (matador red, as some people describe it - a cop magnet) and I have never gotten puled over... **knock on wood**

Maybe you are just having some bad luck...?
+1 on this, its how you drive, not what you drive i know quite a few cops and they tell me this all the time.
Old 05-16-10, 11:59 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're lucky. I got pulled over and cited for front side windows tinted. Didn't even give me a chance to say a word, just stepped up to my car, and told me he pulled me over to write me up for window tints. Or maybe I was just unlucky. I drive a MRM, so...cop magnet maybe? But that was the first time I have been pulled over in the Lexus. Then again, I've only owned it since Sept. 09

Originally Posted by HighImStan
I just got pulled over last night. Cop said it was because I cannot tint my fronts. After he got my driver's license, he radio in to check and told me he would not give me a ticket. I think the tint thing was just an excuse. Don't think my fronts are that dark....
Old 05-17-10, 02:43 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I refuse to respond to this post due to the jinxing factor.
Old 05-17-10, 10:51 AM
HighImStan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mv350
+1 on this, its how you drive, not what you drive i know quite a few cops and they tell me this all the time.
I driving way below limit in the middle of downtown....narrow streets. Cops never mention anything about the way I drove.
Old 05-17-10, 10:52 AM
HighImStan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kumquatism
You're lucky. I got pulled over and cited for front side windows tinted. Didn't even give me a chance to say a word, just stepped up to my car, and told me he pulled me over to write me up for window tints. Or maybe I was just unlucky. I drive a MRM, so...cop magnet maybe? But that was the first time I have been pulled over in the Lexus. Then again, I've only owned it since Sept. 09
How dark were your fronts?
Old 05-17-10, 12:55 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Good question, seems to be a factor. What % tint?
Old 05-17-10, 01:16 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

They were 20% all round
Old 05-17-10, 02:08 PM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

i've got pulled over one time in my is...

Heres the story and its a good one too.

three lane road and im the 1st car in the middle lane at the stop light, theres an altima coupe in the right lane and the cop is behind the altima. Light turns green altima screeches tires and speeds off, i just drive. Cop gets behind me and turns on his lights...

Im like you gotta F*** kidding me... i pull over. Cop gets out and hes one of those i think ima badd *** cop, wearing like army camo pants and a side arm on theigh with a bulletproof vest that says POLICE. He starts questioning me if i own the car etc. then he asks me if the car came with the tints on it and i said no. ( i have 20% tint which is barely illegal here in FL) then he says thats why he pulled me over and what not, so he asks for my liscence and registration and proof of insurance and i hand it over and as he's about to walk to his car, you hear lighting and it start pouring rain. In my head im like serves your right for harrassing me... he hands over my information and says just get them changed and runs back to hs squad car soaked in wet... no ticket nothing ....

HAHAHA
i win

mrcheerio - 1
Policeman - 0
Old 05-17-10, 03:11 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You must drive like an *** lol.

I got pulled over for running red, pulled over for driving 85 in a 45 zone, and have not gotten a single ticket in the IS in the 4 years I've had it.

Quick Reply: IS x50 COP MAGNET