IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I found a diamond in the rough

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-10, 10:34 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
Thanks for the pointer. I was thinking about the smoked, not blacked out, tails but when I saw some of the pictures with the IS250/350 that have them they didn't look right. I plan to get the Nokya Hyper Yellow fog lights.
Do interior LEDs make that much of a difference in the interior lighting? I mean when your driving the less light the better at night I think. Only good for when you need to search for things in the car?
Yes, they make quite a difference. They are whiter, not yellow like the incandescent bulbs. It's a minor thing, but I really like mine. But at ~$400 it's not worth it. I think that price might be an error.

Even with my wheels a little tucked, the spacer won't damage the fender while the wheel is in full tilt i.e U-turns.
With your current F-sport springs/shocks, it shouldn't rub.

The IS-F tails make that much of a difference?
It just changes the amber part to clear. Worth ~$450? Up to you.

I do want to retain some of the ride comfort, but I will always want to improve handling.
I don't remember if the car has the F-sport sways. If not, they will provide the best improve in cornering that you can buy. You can check to see if it has them by taking a quick peek under the car - the OEM ones are black, and the F-sport ones are blue.

You already have the F-sport suspension, so coilovers won't provide any significant upgrade in handling... just height adjustability. Lower does not always mean better, the suspension is designed for a specific geometry, and you can lower it to the point that it has a negative effect. Going lower for the sake of going lower is a cosmetic mod.

Thanks I'll look into an exhaust tips. Will a exhaust system be worth it or tips are all. Exhaust tips don't change sound right, just looks? I would like to make it a deep tone.
Right, just looks. People are always selling their exhaust in the classifieds - you could probably even hear it on their car first before you decide to buy.

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
Yea, true about the all black making it all blend in with no definition. I don't really care for cruising unless its on my bike. The bike pulls more girls then a car, even a nice one. I don't cruise that much anymore and when I do its always with a group of friends. I am also thinking of redoing the front tints with 35% because it too dark and I will get pulled over for sure on a cruise night or club night unless of course the windows are rolled down. Even 35% is pushing it. Do you live in the Fresno area or how do you know about blackstone, at least you didn't say kings canyon. GFX package tips? Are you talking about the lip kit I have or is there another add on?

GFX package tips means the exhaust tips. If you redo your tints, think about getting a strip on the front windshield. I'm not sure about CA, but in TX you can get it on the top 5 inches of your windshield... the IS has a natural cutoff where the rearview mirror is, I had them match the length to that, and IMO it looks quite good... very useful for when the sun is on the horizon as well.
Old 05-20-10, 01:48 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice ride man!
Old 07-08-10, 05:44 PM
Synetix250
Driver

Question rims/tires

where did you get the rims and what size are they? what kind of tires?...nice clean look.
Old 07-08-10, 05:55 PM
tnogi
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice!!

toHn
Old 07-08-10, 07:02 PM
stefunnie
Driver School Candidate

very nice ride!!

have you decided where to get the roof spoiler? i'm debating between the first two you listed.. not sure which one to buy from.
Old 07-08-10, 09:21 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

Just go 15mm all around, you won't rub at all. Trust me.
Old 07-08-10, 10:35 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Synetix250
where did you get the rims and what size are they? what kind of tires?...nice clean look.
They are factory G-Spider 18" rims powder coated in black, I guess flat black

I am looking into getting another set of rims though, 19" this time.

Originally Posted by toHn
Very nice!!

toHn
Thanks Tohn

Originally Posted by stefunnie
very nice ride!!

have you decided where to get the roof spoiler? i'm debating between the first two you listed.. not sure which one to buy from.
I got it from ebay (oem.thing). The fitment was perfect for me and I am very happy with it, ymmv though. The paint was a little of so they refunded me half, most people won't notice but I didn't like it knowing it wasn't a perfect match. I'm going to get the paint and have a friend paint it for me. Now that I think about it I should of got them to refund me 75% of it.

Originally Posted by fasteddy91
Just go 15mm all around, you won't rub at all. Trust me.
Thanks, any suggestion where I can get the spacer and what brands to go with? Will my lugs nut still fit without me having to worry they will come loose and fall off?
Old 07-09-10, 09:22 AM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

Ichiba spacers version 2, 15mm all around. lugnuts won't hit. I got em from a vendor, username JV21.
Old 07-09-10, 10:02 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Ride, Keep up the good work...