IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I found a diamond in the rough

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 09:23 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found a diamond in the rough

I would like to thank all those who gave me feedback on the threads and through PMs.

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails I found a diamond in the rough-is350.jpg   I found a diamond in the rough-is3502.jpg   I found a diamond in the rough-is3503.jpg   I found a diamond in the rough-is3505.jpg   I found a diamond in the rough-is3506.jpg  

Old 05-18-10, 09:28 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Nice dude. you should run some spacers to pop the wheels out a bit more. Black Lwxus decals on those calipers. Red outs for tails (i only like em on black/ sgm, cars), and maybe a lower drop and you will be set. Hella clean start though Where in cali are you?
Old 05-18-10, 09:30 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

i think its time to change your exhaust =p
Old 05-18-10, 09:44 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Nice dude. you should run some spacers to pop the wheels out a bit more. Black Lwxus decals on those calipers. Red outs for tails (i only like em on black/ sgm, cars), and maybe a lower drop and you will be set. Hella clean start though Where in cali are you?
You still think I should go lower? I don't want to sacrifice to much comfort maneuverability. I don't think the spacer will work since its tucked in a little and I don't want to damage the fender on full wheel turn. But then again I don't know what is do able with this car yet. I'll get some decals on those calipers. I am from Fresno.

Originally Posted by trixxx519
i think its time to change your exhaust =p
Little by little I'll keep on adding some stuff. My main thing right now is clean it up inside and out. I know it looks clean in the picture, but not to my standards. I spent 4 or more hours detailing the inside and just a quick wash no wax. The engine bay is very dusty so that must be clean as well. I also need to take care of some paint chips. Now I am waiting for my friends mechanic to schedule me for a inspection on the car with the lift. I want to make sure all the parts in are good working order.
Old 05-18-10, 09:47 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Are you on springs or coils? I was just thinking maybe 5 , 10 or even 15 mm spacer just so the wheels dont look sunken in and more flush. But your true about not wanting to mess up the fender and stuff. its a tuff call
Old 05-18-10, 09:50 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Are you on springs or coils? I was just thinking maybe 5 , 10 or even 15 mm spacer just so the wheels dont look sunken in and more flush. But your true about not wanting to mess up the fender and stuff. its a tuff call

I'm on F-sport springs and shocks. I am going to look into coilover too.
Old 05-18-10, 10:08 PM
albis350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that looks great buddy...my is will be looking like that just no spiders with the black stockers real nice loving the G-spiders makes me wanna look into them but dont want to spend much money into my car now...
Old 05-18-10, 10:23 PM
weenstan
Driver

lookin' good
Old 05-19-10, 09:55 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good. +1 for spacers and redouts. They'll make a big difference. You want be able to drive up driveways anymore, but it'll be worth it!
Old 05-19-10, 10:06 AM
Thr3350
Pole Position

I could never tell if they're GFX sides or not in pictures? Car looks real good though. What part of Cali are you in?
Old 05-19-10, 10:50 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
You still think I should go lower? I don't want to sacrifice to much comfort maneuverability. I don't think the spacer will work since its tucked in a little and I don't want to damage the fender on full wheel turn. But then again I don't know what is do able with this car yet. I'll get some decals on those calipers. I am from Fresno.

Little by little I'll keep on adding some stuff. My main thing right now is clean it up inside and out. I know it looks clean in the picture, but not to my standards. I spent 4 or more hours detailing the inside and just a quick wash no wax. The engine bay is very dusty so that must be clean as well. I also need to take care of some paint chips. Now I am waiting for my friends mechanic to schedule me for a inspection on the car with the lift. I want to make sure all the parts in are good working order.
Everyone here will always say go lower and go wider.

Lower always equates to a harsher ride, even on coilovers. The suspension has less room to travel, so the spring rate and damping rate must be greater. F = -k*x, when x (displacement) gets smaller, k (spring rate) must get larger.

Spacers are a purely cosmetic mod, but shouldn't cause fender damage as long as you don't lower it anymore.

Get some plastic, wrap your ECU & Battery, and spray down the engine bay with a degreaser from a car wash - it won't get it perfectly clean, but it's cheap and a good start.

Some cheap, easy mods to do would be replacing the fog lights with yellow halogen bulbs, and putting LEDs in the interior dome lamps (this price on this seems wrong to me - it used to be ~$80.)

I like the amber on the taillights, but redouts are always an option if you don't. Don't do smoked or blacked out lights... it doesn't ever seem to look right on the 2IS.

Congratulations! The car has a great start, is very clean & OEM looking (which I guess it is, all Lexus parts so far).
Old 05-19-10, 10:57 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 05-19-10, 11:17 AM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shiny diamond bro!
Old 05-19-10, 12:02 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

^
like everyone else, awesome start and congrats on the new car.
Cant wait to see with more mods in the future.
Old 05-19-10, 12:18 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

good look dude. Im considering powdercoating my wheels as well.

Quick Reply: I found a diamond in the rough