IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need help with fix my car back to original

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-10, 05:44 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help with fix my car back to original

I decided to install someting that need to jack up my car and take my wheels off. However, i jack up the car from a wrong jack point and cause something bent inward as you can see in the picture below. Does that part does anything to the car and how can i fix it back to original?

Pic:

Help me out
Thanks
Old 06-01-10, 06:05 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that your oil pan you bent
Old 06-01-10, 06:08 PM
RDAVILA702
Driver

Originally Posted by Frosty250
I think that your oil pan you bent
Nah, that's not the oil pan.

I wouldn't be too worried about it. If it really bothers you, try using a dent puller (I think its also called a slide hammer) to pull it out??
Old 06-01-10, 06:35 PM
Dunkin1222
Pole Position

Dam son! If you weren't sure, why not look at owners manual or call dealership.

Good luck
Old 06-01-10, 06:39 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

that has no affect on anything, it doesn't cause the interior to buldge in anywhere, don't worry about it, next time jack it up from the frame
Old 06-01-10, 06:53 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

But it bothers me... you know... feeling about how dumb i was to mess up my own car... geezzz. Can i take off the front inliner to hammer it from inside? or like the guy on top said to pull it out with dent puller.
Old 06-01-10, 09:04 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously? Now......seriously? If you don't even know where to lift your car, you shouldn't even be working on the car IMO. If you don't know, ask a friend. The information is EVERYWHERE. But then again this should be common sense if you know something about motor vehicles.

I say just leave it alone, and chalk it up to lesson learned. Yes I know I sound like a a hole, but I speaks the truth. If I don't know, I ask.

Last edited by pocky; 06-01-10 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-01-10, 10:22 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Seriously? Now......seriously? If you don't even know where to lift your car, you shouldn't even be working on the car IMO. If you don't know, ask a friend. The information is EVERYWHERE. But then again this should be common sense if you know something about motor vehicles.

I say just leave it alone, and chalk it up to lesson learned. Yes I know I sound like a a hole, but I speaks the truth. If I don't know, I ask.
I agree with pocky! He only speaks the truth 90% of the time..

You got lucky that you didn't jack up your oil pan, or something that will cost you an arm and a leg. Search or ask the forum.
Old 06-02-10, 12:12 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My IS is damaged in the same place and I DIDN'T DO IT. One of the premier So. Calif. Lexus dealers did it. Completely unbelieveable. But they did it nonetheless. I still am not happy about it but "Oh well". Life goes on and I don't see it too often. Oh, one more thing..........they have not touched my car since.

Anyway, don't worry about it. Just make a note that you aren't the only one to dent the undercarriage.
Old 06-02-10, 02:37 AM
MKsky
Pit Crew

I know the original jack point. The reason why i missed the place is that i brought a hydraulic jack that with the flat piece in the front. I don't want to flatten the metal piece at the original jack point so i search online for another jack point. A freaking picutre shows that i can jack my car at the point that was bend inward. that's why i jack my car at that point. I'll try to bend that out i guess..
Old 06-02-10, 02:41 AM
lexy250
Lead Lap

Don't want to be be mean, but that ****** is kind of funny when seeing it in a photo. Sorry you did this to your beautiful car.
Old 06-02-10, 06:38 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hell even the oem jack point on our cars suck. I've bent that area on my car with the OEM jack.
Old 06-02-10, 09:31 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MKsky
I know the original jack point. The reason why i missed the place is that i brought a hydraulic jack that with the flat piece in the front. I don't want to flatten the metal piece at the original jack point so i search online for another jack point. A freaking picutre shows that i can jack my car at the point that was bend inward. that's why i jack my car at that point. I'll try to bend that out i guess..
Ouch, ok I didn't mean to come down on you that hard. So you saw a pic? damn. I still jack the car up at the original jacking point using a floor jack. If you are super careful, it won't bend.

Like everyone said, live n learn.
Old 06-02-10, 12:57 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Ouch, ok I didn't mean to come down on you that hard. So you saw a pic? damn. I still jack the car up at the original jacking point using a floor jack. If you are super careful, it won't bend.

Like everyone said, live n learn.
Ya~ oh well, now it's time to learn how to bend it back....
Old 06-02-10, 12:58 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by B16da9
Hell even the oem jack point on our cars suck. I've bent that area on my car with the OEM jack.
Totally agree!

Quick Reply: Need help with fix my car back to original