Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not my cup of tea for both.
Old 06-20-10, 10:30 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

For those of you that like this on the isx50's

What do you think of it being painted to match TP ?

I dont want to wrap it in fake CF wrap but am considering that still also.
Old 06-20-10, 10:47 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think painting it would look stupid. Either CF wrap or matte black like it is.
Old 06-20-10, 11:16 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brociouz
I think painting it would look stupid. Either CF wrap or matte black like it is.

Anyone have any experience with that "dragon plate" cf wrap? It's pretty rigid, i'm sure it wont wrap around these fins. Or am i wrong?
Old 06-21-10, 12:17 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WE have done a lot of polling and research on this - trust me when I say to NOT PAINT! Save your money, it's already painted matte black and this is the best color for this piece.

Wrap can be done but so far no one has wanted it so that tells you how well the matte black finish works.
Old 06-21-10, 12:23 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Sure, I've attached a few more pics below

If anyone in norcal BAY AREA has a GFX lip and wants to help us to do test fitment, shoot me an email: s4playko@yahoo.com P.S. We do need a white ISx50 volunteer too! We can meet at EXACT MOTORSPORTS in Milpitas

llamaboiz: Sorry I missed your question, this is ONLY for COSMETIC! Another IS-F owner claims it held on just fine at 150mph but I can tell you this was never advertised as a functional piece

Dear lord that white IS-F looks absolutely SICK. Pictures 2 and 4 are just straight up money shots. Looks aggressive as hell. I love the subtle color contrasts on the wheels (yellow-black...both against the white exterior body, it's literally perfect). And, the rear diffuser is a pretty sweet upgrade aesthetically speaking. Who's ISF is that?
Old 06-21-10, 01:08 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s4play
WE have done a lot of polling and research on this - trust me when I say to NOT PAINT! Save your money, it's already painted matte black and this is the best color for this piece.

Wrap can be done but so far no one has wanted it so that tells you how well the matte black finish works.
Just thought perhaps a matching color might look good and since I'm having my bumper and a new lip painted it'd be a swell time to have it done. The photos of it on the 250/350 are of a dark car and it all kinda looks matching. From a distance it also matches well (not really match but it's low and shadowy) with the dark area of the isF bumper. My only possible opposition would be that a suggestion not to paint based on a poll is based on individual tastes and i'd be doing this for my tastes, not that of others . Granted, of course, I dont want people seeing thinking it's hideous but if you strongly suggest not painting then I'll hold off for now if not altogether.

Last edited by patrick323; 06-21-10 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-21-10, 08:38 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

CarLx: The white IS-F is mine - go look in the IS-F section under "s4play"

As for the diffuser, life is all about variety so try the paint, who knows, you might have the sickiest Lexus around! I was just saying that I have not personally seen one painted but like you said that doesn't mean it wouldn't look good.

rick
Old 06-22-10, 10:45 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received the part in the mail.

I'm going to install it today or tomorrow but first impressions are that I cant believe that I paid so much for.....this. It's a flimsy, warped, cheap, piece of plastic with a bad paint job on it. Perhaps once its secured on you wont notice how flimsy it is but I'd say this is about $20 worth of plastic. Granted ya know..it's a toy and there's a markup but I was expecting something more sturdy or more highly crafted.

Last edited by patrick323; 06-22-10 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 10:52 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe it should be painted when properly secured. I guess since its not supposed to be actual working diffuser flimsy is okay lol
Old 06-22-10, 12:46 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,351 Posts

Originally Posted by patrick323
Received the part in the mail.

I'm going to install it today or tomorrow but first impressions are that I cant believe that I paid so much for.....this. It's a flimsy, warped, cheap, piece of plastic with a bad paint job on it. Perhaps once its secured on you wont notice how flimsy it is but I'd say this is about $20 worth of plastic. Granted ya know..it's a toy and there's a markup but I was expecting something more sturdy or more highly crafted.

Thanks for the review - as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been put off by the price. You just reinforced my decision - I'll let this one got

Lou
Old 06-22-10, 02:22 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Thanks for the review - as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been put off by the price. You just reinforced my decision - I'll let this one got

Lou
I like the look of it on the vehicles I've seen. And I wanted a product just like this so, that's good. I hate to put anyone off but I do also have to be honest in saying that compared to other mods of this nature and size (my old jun-tw rear roof spoiler for instance) it is of lesser quality and equal or greater price.
Old 06-22-10, 03:55 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,916 Likes on 1,351 Posts

Originally Posted by patrick323
I like the look of it on the vehicles I've seen. And I wanted a product just like this so, that's good. I hate to put anyone off but I do also have to be honest in saying that compared to other mods of this nature and size (my old jun-tw rear roof spoiler for instance) it is of lesser quality and equal or greater price.
Yep, I understand. I love the look of them too I've already taken the first step by having my bumper painted. But, sub par quality of this accessory at a premium price. I don't think so Again I appreciate you candor

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Diffuser and spoiler.-painted-bumper-s.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 06-22-10 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-22-10, 04:13 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Installed.

I had to trim off so much that I lost 2 fins on each side. So It's a 5 fin diffuser I cant see how it could fit 7. The cover to which it is bolted on only covers enough space to allow for 5 fins (on the isx50). And the rest of the space between that cover and the muffler is not level with that cover. So. $349 retail. 7 fins. That's about 50 bucks per fin. I'll send you back the two I had to cut off and you can credit me $100. Sound fair?

I also dismissed all the hardware that came with it. Best to just tape it and use a rivet gun. Next I just have to put a little black paint on the silver rivets.

Again, I love the look. It just all depends on how much you wanna pay for a very small cosmetic mod. I happen to have some excess funds for toys at the moment so I went for it. Part of me says "man i could have gotten something a lot cooler for that much" but I like it so eventually the unjustified high price will wear off on me and hopefully leave me with only pleasant thoughts. Bottom line is that it needs to come down in price or come up in manufacturing quality to appeal to enough people to be bought in large numbers. I assume the maker would not dislike such potential sales volume. But they wont get it at this price. Even though all you see is the fins and cant tell much else...the peace of mind a buyer would have from a higher quality product would be more worth it IMO.

here's a few crappy cell pics. Better ones soon.

I will say , however, that i think they look like a perfect match for the F. That space just screams for this part.
Attached Thumbnails Diffuser and spoiler.-img00199-20100622-1707.jpg   Diffuser and spoiler.-img00200-20100622-1742.jpg  

Last edited by patrick323; 06-22-10 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-22-10, 04:41 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You must of liked it a lot to installed it. I would of tried to resell it if I didn't like the way it was made and found out I can't fit all fins on there.

How did that heartmyis girl fit all of her fits with the aftermarket exhaust? Maybe you shouldn't be so rash to install it immediately.

Quick Reply: Diffuser and spoiler.