IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Diffuser and spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 04:44 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
You must of liked it a lot to installed it. I would of tried to resell it if I didn't like the way it was made and found out I can't fit all fins on there.

How did that heartmyis girl fit all of her fits with the aftermarket exhaust? Maybe you shouldn't be so rash to install it immediately.
Rather, I should sit aroud and stare at it for a while thinking of how much money this piece of plastic cost? Either way, it wouldnt fit full 7 fins. If you'll read, you'd see that I do like the look a lot but i'm an extreme case of I'll spend big money for something small and uncommon despite whatever bad traits it may have. I'll make it work. Many are not as wasteful with money as I.

She has a different vehicle with a completely different fitment. I took this to a buddy who owns a shop who doesnt just hastily put something on. It's not rocket science. If it doesnt fit, you trim it...as instructed to do from the seller.

Even the 350 that it is pictured on..i believe may be an 09+. There was no way it could be installed full 7 fin on my 2007 without some way of getting an even surface from muffler to muffler..and my tank cover does not span that whole distance.

Last edited by patrick323; 06-22-10 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-22-10, 05:51 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

It's an '06, but it's not on a completely even surface from muffler to muffler. The tank is probably about 5 of the fins (like yours).
Old 06-22-10, 07:25 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

more pics from better camera. Hard to get this area in light but, oh well.
Attached Thumbnails Diffuser and spoiler.-dscn0065.jpg   Diffuser and spoiler.-dscn0066.jpg   Diffuser and spoiler.-dscn0061.jpg  
Old 06-22-10, 08:04 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

^

dude i love your system
Old 06-22-10, 08:26 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
^

dude i love your system
Thanks. It sounds as good as it looks.
Old 06-22-10, 08:52 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow thanks for posting up those pictures! Thanks for the candid and informative review of our product. This will help us improve future offerings...as you know ABS Injection molding is very expensive to produce the setup JIG. Costs are in the 5-digit range to get a setup created. We learned the hard way as we are totally new product mfr as we are primarily a custom stereo shop.

Exact Motorsports is our exclusive vendor and sells these for $329 shipped but we are looking for ways to lower the cost in the future and will pass this savings to CL members. Again thank you for your review and if anyone has questions PM me.
Old 06-25-10, 10:12 AM
lexneffect
Pole Position

hey I just saw this part for sale on Ebay and the price is pretty good too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...Q5fAccessories
Old 06-29-10, 12:01 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's what it looks like on a TP with an '09+ rear bumper. IMO, it flows nicely (especially with a lighter colored car) because of the small matte black trim on the bottom.

Last edited by brociouz; 06-29-10 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-29-10, 12:43 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brociouz
Here's what it looks like on a TP with an '09+ rear bumper. IMO, it flows nicely (especially with a lighter colored car) because of the small matte black trim on the bottom.

It does flow better with that 09+ trim. damn
Old 07-02-10, 09:08 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anything new on your ride?

Brian you got the baddest looking IS around now, forgot to hear your stereo setup....
Old 07-05-10, 09:41 AM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Anything new on your ride?

Brian you got the baddest looking IS around now, forgot to hear your stereo setup....
There will be a few things trickling in over the next couple of weeks, nothing major though. There's of course the never ending rear canard project.
Old 07-05-10, 09:52 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not feeling it, but it's not that bad.
Old 07-05-10, 10:53 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexneffect
hey I just saw this part for sale on Ebay and the price is pretty good too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...Q5fAccessories
I guess this is directly through him so its cheaper?
Old 07-05-10, 08:09 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by patrick323
Installed.

I had to trim off so much that I lost 2 fins on each side. So It's a 5 fin diffuser I cant see how it could fit 7. The cover to which it is bolted on only covers enough space to allow for 5 fins (on the isx50). And the rest of the space between that cover and the muffler is not level with that cover. So. $349 retail. 7 fins. That's about 50 bucks per fin. I'll send you back the two I had to cut off and you can credit me $100. Sound fair?

I also dismissed all the hardware that came with it. Best to just tape it and use a rivet gun. Next I just have to put a little black paint on the silver rivets.

Again, I love the look. It just all depends on how much you wanna pay for a very small cosmetic mod. I happen to have some excess funds for toys at the moment so I went for it. Part of me says "man i could have gotten something a lot cooler for that much" but I like it so eventually the unjustified high price will wear off on me and hopefully leave me with only pleasant thoughts. Bottom line is that it needs to come down in price or come up in manufacturing quality to appeal to enough people to be bought in large numbers. I assume the maker would not dislike such potential sales volume. But they wont get it at this price. Even though all you see is the fins and cant tell much else...the peace of mind a buyer would have from a higher quality product would be more worth it IMO.

here's a few crappy cell pics. Better ones soon.

I will say , however, that i think they look like a perfect match for the F. That space just screams for this part.
im sorry man, but i think that fits and looks TERRIBLE.
Old 07-06-10, 12:51 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rule1223
im sorry man, but i think that fits and looks TERRIBLE.
The fitment? The fitment is perfect. Because it was trimmed to be perfect. Once it's trimmed it's a flat piece attaching to a flat piece. It's centered perfectly and it fits perfectly on the tank cover. If you can put a square block into a square hole you can get it to fit perfectly.

Had you commented in a constructive way, I might get into why I chose this subtle mod but a comment like your's deserves nothing but perhaps a lesson in manners.

Maybe just a few moments of premeditation, spent contemplating how your comments will reflect upon yourself, might bring you to the realization that when you have something negative to say; The only way you'll be taken seriously or have your opinion valued in any single way is if you do so constructively and in a less abrasive way. I could, without-a-doubt, find a lot of dislike in quite a lot of peoples' choice of modification design/planning and post short, rude snippets like the many you run around posting on this site but that would just make me an ignorant punk. Wouldn't it? Of some of the comments I've seen you post in threads..maybe use "not for me" instead of "lame." Consider "I personally dont like this" instead of "weak." Or "I question the fitment of this part" instead of "looks TERRIBLE."

Perhaps I let comments like this get to me but, wow!

Last edited by patrick323; 07-06-10 at 02:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Diffuser and spoiler.