IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need members help possible lighting issue with the IS

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-10, 07:31 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Need members help possible lighting issue with the IS

I sent this post Tach Motor a member here on Clublexus he's Lexus Tech, but any additional info from any Lexus owner will be helpful this issue has been on going now for three and half months now.

Tach Motor need your help,this has been going on for three months the right head light no longer swivel when you turn the steering wheel, its also pointing up about three inch's higher than than the one on left. Also the head light on two occasion failed totally and was just wobbling around. Now the the dealer has changed headlamp assy 81126 -53240 they have changed the computer assy 89940, they change senor sub assy 89408-30130 and unit assy 81140-53240 that was this week on 6/2/10 and it failed once again. In total they have change the headlight assy three times, senor sub assy twice, replace height level senor three times, bulb twice, unit assy twice, they have had tech from Lexus come look at the car twice now and still no luck.

Back in May I told them i think its electrical issue they told me NO it not, but if you continue to have the same parts fail after they have been replaced with new parts and then within week or so these new parts fails to me it looks like either wiring or electrical issue. Then to top it off Tuesday night on my way to work smoke start to come from the front of car so I pull over and start looking to see were the smoke is coming from, I can find it source so I shut off car and turn off lights and smoke stop. The next morning I drop off car at dealer now I'm pissed off they say Lexus will have engineer there to check my car today. This what the service manager said( the Engineer thought that my F-sport spring and sway bars may be the cause) I told him you got to be kidding me first off I had checked TSIB and there was not one for this issue two I had never seen or heard of any such issue with other owner of F-sport equipped IS350 or any Lexus for that matter that there thousand of Lexus with F-Sport spring and sway and this has never come up. Three I have had my spring on since I brought the car new back in Jan of 2009 and the problem began in late March of 2010, he stated that I had recently installed sway bars and I replied yes in May of 2010 nearly 2 month after this problem started.

Engineers from Lexus stated they have reset everything and have down load my data when the light fails again to bring the car in and they will then compare the data to see whats going on. When I asked them about the smoke situation they claim they found no burnt wires or any sign of something melting WTF.

Going to meet with service manager also requesting to meet with general manager I feel that this car would fall under CT Lemon Law which states
(Title 42 Charter743b section)

(e) it shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attemps have been undertaken to conform a motor vechicle to the applicable warranties, if

(1)the same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or authorized dealer during the period of two years following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to a consumer or during the first 18000 miles or which ever comes first.

It's been less than 2 yrs and i have 18200 mile on the car now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated sorry for the long post.