IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking hard at the IS350, taking all words of advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-10, 02:25 PM
2009is350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would definitely recommend the exhaust!
Old 06-14-10, 03:35 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

Fsport intake, exhuast, rear sways......... get it all!!!
Old 06-15-10, 06:41 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MillerPKA
Looks good man! I was looking at 4th gens and even the 5th gen before I wandered over but I'd end up building it much like I did this one and I just don't need two of the same thing. The IS I believe would be the same intensity of a very different nature.
When I read your post I didn't have pic (At work) of your 4Runner but after seeing the pic, WoW! What a great looking truck. That is serious! A supercharged 5.7 (500+hp) would do it justice!

Koz
Old 06-15-10, 07:03 AM
MillerPKA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Koz
When I read your post I didn't have pic (At work) of your 4Runner but after seeing the pic, WoW! What a great looking truck. That is serious! A supercharged 5.7 (500+hp) would do it justice!

Koz
Thanks man I get emotionally attached to my vehicles, this one probably thinks I'm Jekyll and Hyde because I used to pamper it for a month or 2 straight then one weekend completely beat the hell out of it, then the cycle repeated. The 5.7 requires a larger the engine bay, the 4.7 2uz-fe is a lot more feasible swap, especially with the body lift. For the first time since I bought it I'm not even thinking about it. I just want a 350! The dealership is very persistent about appraisal when I come in for the test drive even though I clearly stated I want to keep it. Who knows, here's a better picture though lots of folks ask for a background size of this one.

Old 06-15-10, 09:42 AM
Koz

You will never get your money back on the specialized equip/parts you have in the truck. KEEP IT!

The 05+ 4.7 has limited HP (270), -04 (235). Have you considered the new 4.6. I had a supercharged 3.4 V6 PreRunner and my buddy had a newer supercharged 4.0 and they go like hell (They should fit without mod). I put over 100K miles on mine and it never skipped a beat (Still going today).

Don't sell that truck!

Let me tell you about the IS350; it is an amazing vehicle. I can rip off 13.4s all day long without even having to heat the tires. With its gearing it just hooks up and goes like snot. It also can get up to 30 mpg if you don’t drive like me. The ML is killer and the ride smooth and quiet. If you put an intake and exhaust on the car it has this beautiful purr that sounds perfect for luxury sports sedan. Speaking of luxury feel, no other car in its class compares. I’m 100% happy with this car and even after almost 4 years I still can’t wait to drive it. I may be a little prejudice but I think the IS350 is one of the best cars Toyota/Lexus has ever made.

Koz
Old 06-15-10, 10:04 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Agree with Koz.

I'm happy with my IS250... but I wish I did more research. If life came with a reset button, then I would buy the IS350.
Old 06-15-10, 10:12 AM
LexFather

Buy a 350 with F-sport parts......start from there. good luck and welcome
Old 06-15-10, 10:46 AM
jacob7017
Driver School Candidate

Hey I recognize that truck from T4R.org. Good to hear you're keeping it. That's what I did. My 02 4Runner is my DD and I drive my 07 IS350 when I want to get somewhere quick.

I'm not sure what the stock Lexus suspension feels like. I have the x-package. But I could tell a difference between the sport pkg and regular suspension on my 3 series. I just prefer a little stiffer ride. I'd wait for a sport or x-package or one with f-sport sways and/or springs.

But I'm like you...I didn't care to mod the suspension much. I just didn't want the same IS250 with stock 10-spoke wheels like everyone else you see. So I narrowed my search for just those with G Spider or x-package wheels. Then I looked at other options from there.

Good luck in your search.
Old 06-15-10, 10:57 AM
Koz

I was on T4R.org for years but just could not take Thai anymore!

Koz
Old 06-15-10, 11:06 AM
MillerPKA
Driver School Candidate

Haha yeah I never really paid attention to mods too much but I think I remember Thai getting on some people's nerves. As for the 4Runner I'm well prepared for an ultra low ball price but I told them I'd entertain the appraisal since it seems I don't even have the option haha. I have checked out the 4.0, as far as sourcing is concerned I think the 2uz's are still easier to find, that and I don't know how much more difficult getting the 4.0s ecu would be compared to the 2uz. I have too many other things to do before I start working on the 4runner so I'm interested to hear these alternatives and thank you guys for taking the time to help.

I thought I was well read up and you guys are exposing the fact I'm not. So I believe I understand all the critical differences between the 06 and previous and 07 and up, as well as the differences in 250 and 350. But until now I didn't know the different packages that came on each. The sales girl I was speaking with yesterday got my preferences to start looking for cars and the only thing that came up was mileage (I want 35k or less) model (I said 08-09 350) and nav (I opted out). Funny she never mentioned any of these packages so if you guys have a little time I would certainly appreciate finding out the different packages and the specs of each.

Really, thanks again everyone. Coming from another knowledge base getting constantly hit up for questions its a big relief to come to a new community and see that kind of help come out being the little guy in this case. Lexus should start distributing some commission to a few of you!
Old 06-15-10, 11:19 AM
Koz

I special ordered mine because I wanted ML (Optional sound system).

I attached a link to the 2010 model's standard and optional features. Each year they change a little but they are relitively the same. If you any specific questions I'm sure we can help.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Koz
Old 06-18-10, 05:31 AM
MillerPKA
Driver School Candidate

I have an appointment with the Lexus dealership in Savannah to do some test driving and let them appraise the Toy, anything I should take particular note of when looking? Trying to look at the 08 IS350s in the lot but am trying to come up with some good distinguishing factors. If the prices are relatively similar should I look at a 2010?
Old 06-18-10, 06:36 AM
benca1
Driver School Candidate

whats the difference between the shifters on the steering wheel from the first gen IS and then the paddles shifters on the 2nd Gen ?
Old 06-18-10, 07:32 AM
MillerPKA
Driver School Candidate

just analyzed the dash of a non-nav equipped IS and see there's no way to plug in a headphone jack for ipods and such? my buddies 06 JEEP had this, don't tell me they don't!
Old 06-18-10, 07:46 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by benca1
whats the difference between the shifters on the steering wheel from the first gen IS and then the paddles shifters on the 2nd Gen ?
I explain the paddles in this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ool-proof.html

Quick Reply: Looking hard at the IS350, taking all words of advice