IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Mirror Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 06:59 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Mirror Issues!

I have noticed lately my mirrors will not stay where they are set. When I shut off the car and then come back later to use it, they are moved. I have to hit the memory every time to get the mirrors back to my setting. I have reset the FOB sync but it still does not stay where they were left. I also noticed that when I put the car in reverse the mirrors only go down partly (Less then halfway and not all the time) to the curb. I had the car in for recalls and the Stealer (Of course) could not recreate the problem. Has anyone else been having any of these problems?

Koz
Old 06-15-10, 07:05 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL the switch on the driver side panel that controls which mirror you want to control is set. Click it to the center then it'll stop
Old 06-15-10, 07:33 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I wish i had those functions...
Old 06-15-10, 08:31 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
LOL the switch on the driver side panel that controls which mirror you want to control is set. Click it to the center then it'll stop
The mirrors are suppose to work as follows;

If you want them to tilt down in reverse you move the switch to the left/right setting. If you don't want them to move you put them in the center position. That function works fine. The problem I’m having is when the mirrors tilt down they only move less then half way, intermittingly. I can move the switch while the car is in reverse and the mirrors will go all the way down, only when the switch is set to tilt (In left/right position) and select reverse they only go down partly. Also every time I get in the car the mirrors are not in the position they were in when I left the car. These problems have nothing to do with the mirror switch position (I don't think). The mirror memory is slightly moving the mirrors when I open the door. I’m thinking there is a problem with the sync function of the mirrors. There seems to be a separate problem with the tilt function.

Koz

Last edited by Koz; 06-15-10 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-15-10, 08:52 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by heyarms
I wish i had those functions...
I've come to love the tilting function as to not rub the wheel when parking. It's amazing how these stupid features (That you think you don't need) start to become a really functional feature.

Koz
Old 06-15-10, 09:04 AM
DarkIs250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am confused, sorry to budge in with my own question

My mirrors (2010 IS250) only tilt half way in reverse, I can still tilt the mirror down while in reverse. I want the mirrors to be fully tilted when I reverse! How do I do this? I thought half way was normal, but my sister's RX350 tilts all the way down!
PS: It is stupid if I can't see the lines I am parking into.

Last edited by DarkIs250; 06-15-10 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-15-10, 09:29 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

I don't recall that feature when I read the manual...

Is this a feature that comes with an optional package or is this standard on all models of is250?
Old 06-15-10, 09:32 AM
cdeeznuts
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i had my driver's side fail on me. it would go down but not come back to the right position on return, made it really annoying when having to adjust it back all the time. warranty?
Old 06-15-10, 09:45 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz
I've come to love the tilting function as to not rub the wheel when parking. It's amazing how these stupid features (That you think you don't need) start to become a really functional feature.

Koz
I have the same issue. If you manually (with your hand) tilt themirror all the way up then all the way down then hit the memory button, it wors better. But you shouldnt have to do that to make it work right.
Old 06-15-10, 09:46 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shadowman
I don't recall that feature when I read the manual...

Is this a feature that comes with an optional package or is this standard on all models of is250?
Lux or Sport Pkg only.
Old 06-15-10, 09:53 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

^^^ Drats!!! I was hoping this was a standard since it's really useful for wife when she drives my car. Last thing I want is to use the rims as curb feelers.

Thx for the info.
Old 06-15-10, 09:57 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by DarkIs250
I am confused, sorry to budge in with my own question

My mirrors (2010 IS250) only tilt half way in reverse, I can still tilt the mirror down while in reverse. I want the mirrors to be fully tilted when I reverse! How do I do this? I thought half way was normal, but my sister's RX350 tilts all the way down!
PS: It is stupid if I can't see the lines I am parking into.
When it is working properly you can see the rear wheels and the curb. Of the total movement it moves about half way but its from half way (Where you have it set to see behind you) to the ground. What is happening to mine is, it is only tilting down about half of the normal tilt. I can not see the rear wheels. I think I need to make a special trip to the Stealer just for this problem and show them the problem instead of just telling them and expecting them fix it.

Koz
Old 06-15-10, 10:08 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koz
When it is working properly you can see the rear wheels and the curb. Of the total movement it moves about half way but its from half way (Where you have it set to see behind you) to the ground. What is happening to mine is, it is only tilting down about half of the normal tilt. I can not see the rear wheels. I think I need to make a special trip to the Stealer just for this problem and show them the problem instead of just telling them and expecting them fix it.

Koz
The dealer had a hard time understanding my issues when I brought it up to them. First, they didn't "experience" the mirrors failing to tilt all the way. But also--when I tried to tell them that the mirrors are constantly out of of position, and I hear them re-position ever time I unlock the car (whether or not the tilt down is activated or shut off), it was like talking to a brick wall.
Old 06-15-10, 10:32 AM
DarkIs250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koz

Koz
If I understood you right: The tilt feature is HALF-way from whatever position I have, that is retarded! I have to position the mirror a certain level in drive mode, for it to completely tilt in reverse mode? What was lexus thinking, it is annoying, it should be set to go back FULL TILT in reverse regardless of drive-mode mirror position.

Add this annoyance to the Navigation lockout.
Old 06-15-10, 10:48 AM
Koz

Up until a couple weeks ago when I put the car in reverse the mirrors would tilt down enough to see the rear wheels and curb. Now, they only tilt down about half of what it used to and I can not see the rear wheels.

I think what may be happening is the reference point that the system uses is not right. What I will do is put the car in reverse (With tilt switched on) and then physically move the mirror to where I can see the rear wheels. As far as the mirrors moving when I open the door, I don't have a clue. Possibly I'm not syncing the remote the right way. Hopefully I can save a trip to the Stealer.

The nav lockout is REDICULOUS!

Koz

Last edited by Koz; 06-15-10 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Mirror Issues!