IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

best place to buy/paint GFX front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-10, 10:39 PM
mr.intel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best place to buy/paint GFX front lip?

i like the prices on sewell lexus but my car is an 2006 crystal white and they discontinued that color. If i buy another color and have it repainted is there a particular color that will be better than others in terms of being painted over? or will it not matter since they have to sand it down to repaint anyways?? I don't know squat about painting so if anyone could help me out, thanks in advance!

also does anyone know a good paint shop they can recommend in the LA area? thanks
Old 06-18-10, 10:52 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mr.intel
i like the prices on sewell lexus but my car is an 2006 crystal white and they discontinued that color. If i buy another color and have it repainted is there a particular color that will be better than others in terms of being painted over? or will it not matter since they have to sand it down to repaint anyways?? I don't know squat about painting so if anyone could help me out, thanks in advance!

also does anyone know a good paint shop they can recommend in the LA area? thanks
What's going to happen if they repaint it is it's going to fit, but the chance are the color will be off by a bit That's because your car paint have faded over the years while the body kit painted will look brand new.
Old 06-19-10, 08:57 PM
mr.intel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Initial_K
What's going to happen if they repaint it is it's going to fit, but the chance are the color will be off by a bit That's because your car paint have faded over the years while the body kit painted will look brand new.
thanks yea i guess that makes sense. my paint's still in pretty good condition hopefully it won't be a huge difference.
Old 06-19-10, 10:40 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mr.intel
thanks yea i guess that makes sense. my paint's still in pretty good condition hopefully it won't be a huge difference.
If you have a dark color, it's harder to tell, but lighter color like white, you can tell the body kit doesn't match if you get a crappy paint job. Most painter will just look a the label that has the paint code and order those paint. if you get a really good painter, they can analyze your car and mix the paint that will match exactly.

I had my GFX kit repainted by a friend from an old car crew. He hook it up and did a nice job. Even painted my roof spoiler for free.

Last edited by Initial_K; 06-19-10 at 10:44 PM.