us IS250's get Lancers (the normal ones) and Impreza's, LOL
or 20 year old hatchbacks with 50HP, LOL

cant wait till i upgrade to a IS350!!!
Old 06-19-10, 07:19 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
You mean the STI? Well, to be blunt, the edge goes to the Sti.

STI HP = 305
IS350 HP = 306

IS350 Weight = 3527 lbs
STI weight = 3373 lbs

Weight advantage: Sti

Now, why does the IS350 usually blow away cars that are comparable but near 300 HP? Because it has such aggressive gearing, but let's take a look at that.

IS350 final drive = 4.08
Sti final drive = 3.9

That's pretty damned close, advantage = IS350 but is that enough to overcome the STI's weight advantage? Probably not.

STI = AWD, right? That's a tremendous advantage off the line.

Sti 0 to 60 = 4.7
IS350 0 to 60 = 4.9

Would I get an Sti? No, I'm not interested in the boy racer type. Is getting to 60 .2 seconds slower worth the incredible extra interior luxury and reliability you get with the IS350? I think so, that's why I bought the IS350.

These cars are not even in the same class. They can win illegal street races all day, but what about the other 99% of their driving experience?
I was actually referring to the "WRX" not the STI.
Old 06-19-10, 08:33 PM
norapat01
Former Sponsor

lol, try driving a 350Z, you'll see what happen.
Old 06-19-10, 08:38 PM
ijulmimi
Lead Lap

u guys get all the fun..i usually get ricers once a while a BMW is fun lol
Old 06-19-10, 08:45 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

No actually I got an integra and blue civic hatchback today lol.
I don't think ever a BMW. Also had a evo 8 and Corvette try to play today lol
Old 06-19-10, 09:49 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

evo, sti, mustang gt, corvette,s4 , m3, 350z, s2k, saleen, civics, rsx, accord,.... etc scion... most funny one of all a smart car the other night lowered tinted with like 16'' rims. w.e i just keep on driving. i ride in style not for go hence 250
Old 06-19-10, 09:55 PM
erichb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by norapat01
lol, try driving a 350Z, you'll see what happen.
or try driving a wrx/sti.. i have a pretty highly modified one and i get people wanting to race all the time.

i think it's a biproduct of driving any sort of sporty car, be it lexus, honda, subaru, infiniti.

and, there's threads just like this on the subaru forums asking about "is my car an [x] magnet?". there's probably threads on porsche forums asking if their cars are lexus magnets.

fwiw, both a wrx and is350 are great cars to drive for different reasons. i love my new (for me) is350.
Old 06-19-10, 11:06 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by badx33
everybody and there mama tries to race me...lol but then again am asking for it, cuz of the way my car looks...lmao
lol good stuff man
Old 06-19-10, 11:28 PM
eub
Driver School Candidate

and, there's threads just like this on the subaru forums asking about "is my car an [x] magnet?". there's probably threads on porsche forums asking if their cars are lexus magnets.
one of the things i miss most about driving a porsche is that most people don't bother you in traffic. i can't explain why, but it's really kind of refreshing.

in the last couple months of driving my IS (newbie here), i have noticed that i either get cut off by haters when i drive relatively slow, or i attract people wanting to race when i drive relatively fast. i guess its nice to know that as many IS's are there out on the road that our cars are still getting attention.
Old 06-20-10, 06:56 AM
mxis350
Lead Lap

I left my racing days behind me with my 350z... Now I dont do it at all. And no one wants to race me. I have no problem with any ricers. Last and only time I raced was a 350z with rims who was going crazy at each stop light racing cars from a Dodge Ram..... to a Intrepid with rims... On the 3rd light I was next to him this time. He rev'd and did a burn out. I figured WTH... I have always wanted to pit my IS vs my old 350z so I went for it... I had to let go of the gas for him to catch up then I hit it again. At the same time I had to decide weather I turned Right and go on my way or go straight for the second run.... I went straight... then 5 seconds later I see a cop a few blocks away pulling out, getting ready to stop me... witch he did. Lucky for me, the Z was far enough behind that the cop gave me a speeding ticket instead of a Racing ticket....

Never Again!!! I could have lost my license and had my car towed!!
Old 06-20-10, 07:13 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If an EVO or STI wants to race, they'll look for any modded car, not just a 2IS. I doubt they'd pay much attention to a stocker.
Old 06-20-10, 08:10 AM
Chadley6mt
Driver

in toronto its the bmw and benz drivers always wants a piece of lexus,
when they hear the intake roar, and the exhaust scream, they back off, i aint fast just skilled at driving:P

btw my vvvti goes mooo lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9jMY-xukM
Old 06-20-10, 09:38 AM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by montgb
If an EVO or STI wants to race, they'll look for any modded car, not just a 2IS. I doubt they'd pay much attention to a stocker.
Yeah that is definitely true.
I've got my *** handed to me by a Chipped STI once,
never looked at the STI the same way again lol..

Also had an EVO X stopped to look at my car after i parked it in an underground parking lot, and as i was walking away from it, he stops next to it takes one good look at it with his friends, then just burns out and floors it....

lol
Old 06-20-10, 09:43 AM
LexFather

Old 06-20-10, 09:45 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mxis350
I left my racing days behind me with my 350z... Now I dont do it at all. And no one wants to race me. I have no problem with any ricers. Last and only time I raced was a 350z with rims who was going crazy at each stop light racing cars from a Dodge Ram..... to a Intrepid with rims... On the 3rd light I was next to him this time. He rev'd and did a burn out. I figured WTH... I have always wanted to pit my IS vs my old 350z so I went for it... I had to let go of the gas for him to catch up then I hit it again. At the same time I had to decide weather I turned Right and go on my way or go straight for the second run.... I went straight... then 5 seconds later I see a cop a few blocks away pulling out, getting ready to stop me... witch he did. Lucky for me, the Z was far enough behind that the cop gave me a speeding ticket instead of a Racing ticket....

Never Again!!! I could have lost my license and had my car towed!!
Good story, I laugh cause I knew that's going to happen. Drag racing in the streets is ridiculous. I see guys in their honda civic with their small 13" aftermarket rims and stupid loud exhuast burn off in the street when everyone else is going at normal pace. That guy must think he was really cool.

However, on the freeway going 80 on the fast lane, when some guy is trying to cut me off, i just speed the hell up and block his way. I'm a car blocker like that.

Quick Reply: IS350 = STI / EVO Magnet