Search this Thread

Old 06-20-10, 11:04 AM
erichb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
Yeah that is definitely true.
I've got my *** handed to me by a Chipped STI once,
never looked at the STI the same way again lol..

Also had an EVO X stopped to look at my car after i parked it in an underground parking lot, and as i was walking away from it, he stops next to it takes one good look at it with his friends, then just burns out and floors it....

lol
STIs are pretty easy/inexpensive to make very quick. stage-2 (turboback exhaust and an open source tune), about $500-$600 if going on the cheap.. is a 300whp car.
Old 06-20-10, 06:10 PM
cupid0210
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by badx33
everybody and there mama tries to race me...lol but then again am asking for it, cuz of the way my car looks...lmao
hahaha, I get that too! I dont think I will ever change the way my car looks though...._sigh_ looks like imma see some more STIs and Ricers. lol
Old 06-20-10, 09:58 PM
omgswifty
Pole Position

our cars r *** magnets, not girl magnets :'(.

I get more of those Need for speed fellas in my 335i, mostly M3s, unaware that my car is tuned with downpipes, catback, dual intake =D. makes for an easy kill. but now that ontario posed the strictest street racing law (40 and over is license suspension, car towed, and upto $10K max fine) i leave the fast n the furious me at the track. Not worth it in the end for bragging rights.
Old 06-21-10, 12:31 AM
uz07lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Noz
I had a Lancer try to race me once. Not an Evo.... just a Lancer. He tried and tried and tried as I drove speed limit. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
I almost died when I read this. lol. I have everything try to go at it the worst are the benz trucks that fell there really bad. Then once im done with them there like scared cats infront of a big dog. I had a good laugh when a 4door civic lx try really hard. But yes it does seem that the IS is a magnet for those cars. At the end of the day like one member mentioned its not worth the bragging rights.
Old 06-21-10, 12:37 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

i usually dont get rolled up on maybe not modded enough but i like it that way. i just embarrass the kids that think their sounds systems are loud. until they pull up next to me. and turn their volume up. so i turn mine up... and up go their windows
Old 06-21-10, 12:47 AM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mv350
i usually dont get rolled up on maybe not modded enough but i like it that way. i just embarrass the kids that think their sounds systems are loud. until they pull up next to me. and turn their volume up. so i turn mine up... and up go their windows
what kind of sound system you running?
Old 06-22-10, 02:30 AM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by carLx
I had an STI try to race me literally 2 days ago on my way to cheesecake factory. We lined up side by side at a stoplight, it turns green, I purposefully give 1/20 throttle and ease out because I have no intention of racing.

He keeps looking over (by the way, he has his girlfriend, or some girl, in the passenger seat) and it's clear he wants me to go. No luck (for him)

Eventually, he guns it and does his flyby of the night.

All the while I'm cruising at 40 MPH (in a 40 MPH) just face palming in my mind.

I think one problem is, when I'm in my IS350, I tend to have rap music going with the windows down. I think people get the impression of "Oh, that 20 something year old is blasting rap music, he must want to race!"

And...sometimes (certainly months ago), they would be correct , but I've generally put that too fast too furious phase behind me. Killed a few cars (01 cobra, e46 m3, etc.), had my fun, later realized it's thoroughly irresponsible and not worth it.

Especially right now. I'm in too good of a situation, life-wise, to potentially foul it up by getting caught street racing. Mostly, I don't even have the time to go out and drive around, anyway, so I guess it's somewhat of a moot point.
I completely agree with you in regards to the not wanting to mess up a good situation by getting caught street racing...your insurance will go up, and you would have wasted time and money in court. You would be better of buying some accesories to your ride.
Old 06-22-10, 03:00 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
what kind of sound system you running?
cerwin vega ull see thursday