IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

to all young lexus owners!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-10, 08:24 PM
mou
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ignore them, they only hate you because you have something nice while they spend all their money on useless junk
Old 06-21-10, 11:55 PM
Lexus@17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha i never really got much problem from my school.
i was 17 and i have a is350.
but have to realize there always hater in this world so whats new
just go on with your life and be happy and proud that you are a lexus owner!
Old 06-22-10, 01:32 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

back in the day, i used to walk to high school. it was only a 5-10 minute walk. pretty much everyone walked.
Old 06-22-10, 01:35 AM
djjoshs
Driver School Candidate

gotta say this happens to the best of us whether we are bone stock or modded to the teeth. I've got my oldest brother who hates on me for my 350 but i just learn to ignore it. My friends when i was in hs used to hate on and mess with the car i drove then a 00 toyota land cruiser which belonged to my parents. It was a great car but based off looks did not look like the "expensive" type unless you know what the car actually costs. One of them had the nerve to **** on my car!!!! (he thought it was a funny prank, he was a disrespectful ahole)..... Unfortunately for him i caught him and he ended up on the ground with a massive black eye. Unfortunately i got suspended for 2 days haha good old fashion high school.
Old 06-22-10, 03:39 AM
k2sty1
Pole Position

thats the thing
i DONT brag, its not like i went to my dad and said to him "daddy, buy me a lexus IS250"
in reality he came up to ME and said "i think you should get this car for ur P's"

cuz we had it when our RX330 went for service
and its not like im gonna turn down a perfectly good, pre owned Lexus IS250!!!
in reality i wanted a Evo X or 370Z

also not like i go to school and live in a poor area, i actually live right next to the CBD in sydney, and there are porches, mercs, bmws, audis in my apartment
also, my friend drives a BMW 528i and another is getting a IS200
its just those low life's that dont have anything better to do

and thanks guys!!!
good to see im not the only one in this situation
also, i pay for everything else on my IS250, like insurance, fuel, mods, whatever else, but im still very fortunate that my dad got me a IS250

most likely on my full license i will give my car to my sister, and buy a pre owned 370Z, EvoX or IS350

Last edited by k2sty1; 06-22-10 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 03:53 AM
k2sty1
Pole Position

meh, im over it now anyway
people can say whatever
like i read somewhere
"i'd rather people hate me for who i am, rather than love me for who im not"

also.
carLx, you are one lucky S.O.B!!!
a Ferrari F430 to school?
gg man!!!
i can kinda relate to you, like i said before i didnt go asking my dad or mum for a Lexus, he said it to me, cuz he wants me to be in a safe car, not some 20y/o honda that doesnt have airbags or abs or traction control, but that also doesnt mean that he would get me a LS460 either
not many people know but IS250's are pretty cheap compared to other cars (mine was $AU 47,000) for a FULLY optioned Sport model (EMV, ML, Sport suspension, 18" rims, alcantara interior) a E92 or E90 BMW 325 are around $AU 75,000+ for a 2008 model, with same options as mine, so people are mislead in thinking IS250's are "expensive" cars, i mean, they ARE expensive but not compared to BMW, Merc, Audi

i made a mistake of telling people i got a IS250, and will never make that mistake, although i did only tell my friends, but they told another friend and so on and so on
it doesnt really matter as im known in my school and friendly with mostly everyone, just some people are so *facepalm*
oh well!
i have my friends and they dont hate! so its all good
we love it now, we went cruising the Sydney CBD, music pumping windows down, a row of cars (IS250, E46 325Ci, E36 318IS, E92 325i, A4 1.8T)
all windows down, just cruising, enjoying the compliments, haters and the opposite sex

Last edited by k2sty1; 06-22-10 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 09:12 AM
Tremonti
Rookie

I have an IS350 and I'm 17 also. I get hate for being the rich kid with daddy's car even though I go to a private school where almost everyone's cars are 30k+
Old 06-22-10, 05:38 PM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by k2sty1
hey

well, im 17, and i drive a IS250 in australia
as im 17, and in year 11 and drive a lexus, i get some weird looks

but just a question to all you other young lexus owners
do people try to hate on you, ALOT?
i mean, obviously my friends dont, just that SOME people at my school are just......
hate on me and my car
its not my fault i have a lexus and they dont have cars...

i dont go around bragging i have a lexus either, i try to avoid it mostly, if people ask me if i drove to school i just say no
i park my car on the other side of school with my friends Passat and IS200
i also get people asking me if i stole it... like wtf? srsly??!!

im not the only one right??

its just those few people that annoy me, everyone else is fine

I think cos your IS 250 is like 50K+ in Australia thats why? in the U.S there are so many IS on the road so i don't really get attention while is Australia i hardy see any.
Old 06-22-10, 05:43 PM
bklynboi
Rookie

yea man people always gonna hate becuz they dont have what u have, guys look at me funny alot where i live, but i just drive more slow for them so they could see that L lol
Old 06-22-10, 05:46 PM
pdivizzle
Driver School Candidate

people hate on me all the time since im 21 and have a 2010 is350...they hate me even more when they find out ive been working at a lexus dealer and that lexus pays about 80% of my lease
Old 06-22-10, 05:48 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

i'm only 21 and i hate on the kids in highschool with is350.. i freakin drive a 250 and pay out the *** for mine.. bought mine at 18.. you guys are hella lucky i say.. the whole "i get good grades" thing is BS lol
Old 06-22-10, 08:32 PM
pigeon83
Rookie

It's a sick society when people hate others because they've got better things than they do. Should we only like kids who have trashed cars?
Old 06-22-10, 09:21 PM
pdivizzle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
i'm only 21 and i hate on the kids in highschool with is350.. i freakin drive a 250 and pay out the *** for mine.. bought mine at 18.. you guys are hella lucky i say.. the whole "i get good grades" thing is BS lol
lol you are in the same boat as me..i passed school as everyone should, had a nice job, got a better job, bought my own cars..pay for everything..and by the time im 23 hopefully ill be looking at houses..

parents should never buy their kids new cars imo..they need to learn to be independent and not leech off everyone else
Old 06-22-10, 09:30 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Depends, people are like why do you drive the crap lexus, other kids are like how did you get a lexus. I guess going to a private school with all rich kids makes them expect all 17 year old kids to drive brand new lexus and not old ones they paid for themelves
Old 06-22-10, 09:32 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

seeing all the trust fund kids at my hs back then with their sweet little rides- it didnt make me jealous, but rather gave me motivation to work hard and get a sweet ride of my own. i love my parents to death, and im proud of the fact that they gave me a roof over my head, food on the table, and all the love and support i could ever need. that being said....im kinda torn on this because some parents reward their kids with brand new cars, many times with no strings attached. as i see it, as long as the kid has earned it (good grades, responsible, helping out) i see no problem with that because its their parental choice, not mine. on the other hand, i do see more and more kids with great rides along with a strong correlation with drunk driving, getting ticketed for speeding right near school, and doing other things that would make the parents regretful of getting their kid something. in the end, its a parental choice. cant hate on the parents for choosing to reward their children if they so choose.

Quick Reply: to all young lexus owners!!