IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

to all young lexus owners!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 09:44 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by pdivizzle
lol you are in the same boat as me..i passed school as everyone should, had a nice job, got a better job, bought my own cars..pay for everything..and by the time im 23 hopefully ill be looking at houses..

parents should never buy their kids new cars imo..they need to learn to be independent and not leech off everyone else
agree... Kids should know the value of the dollar... rather than depending on their parents too much.

anyways..

There should be a rule where u cant post topics like these... i swear like EVERY sub category has something like "oh im 16/17 n i have a new Lexus... how come everyone is giving me weird looks?.. why are people hating on me?"

why? Cuz you drive a luxury car that YOUR parents bought for you that lots of OLDER people cannot even afford yet. Why do you think lots of people in other car forums think CL is full of spoiled "rich kids" that their parents lease/buy cars for them?? Of course its gunna generate hate or at least negative reactions. These topics are a waste of space IMO... n i bet lots of people agree too.. btw not hating on the OP just expressing my honest opinion

Last edited by vwynn; 06-22-10 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-22-10, 10:12 PM
pdivizzle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
agree... Kids should know the value of the dollar... rather than depending on their parents too much.

anyways..

There should be a rule where u cant post topics like these... i swear like EVERY sub category has something like "oh im 16/17 n i have a new Lexus... how come everyone is giving me weird looks?.. why are people hating on me?"

why? Cuz you drive a luxury car that YOUR parents bought for you that lots of OLDER people cannot even afford yet. Why do you think lots of people in other car forums think CL is full of spoiled "rich kids" that their parents lease/buy cars for them?? Of course its gunna generate hate or at least negative reactions. These topics are a waste of space IMO... n i bet lots of people agree too.. btw not hating on the OP just expressing my honest opinion
Agreed
Old 06-22-10, 10:49 PM
Secksee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pdivizzle
Agreed
damn rich kids.
Old 06-22-10, 11:02 PM
Calviin
Lexus Test Driver

My car just got broken into, a lot of things stolen, and some exterior damages. I'm a young buck!
Old 06-23-10, 12:55 AM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

i agree that topics like these should never be brought up, but i disagree that parents should never buy their kids new/nice cars. just because i have a nice car at 19/20 that my parents bought for me USED doesn't mean that I don't know the value of the dollar or what it took my parents to earn that kind of money so that they could buy me a nice car. i actually think that, if anything, it should motivate kids to work hard so that they can maintain this lifestyle that they have become so accustomed to. in my opinion, this all goes back to being either spoiled or privileged and the differences between the 2. he or she that brought this up said it best. being spoiled implies a lack of understanding of the value of what he/she has and what it takes to obtain it.
Old 06-23-10, 01:06 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^im with ya man.
Old 06-23-10, 06:10 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by aliu603
i agree that topics like these should never be brought up, but i disagree that parents should never buy their kids new/nice cars. just because i have a nice car at 19/20 that my parents bought for me USED doesn't mean that I don't know the value of the dollar or what it took my parents to earn that kind of money so that they could buy me a nice car. i actually think that, if anything, it should motivate kids to work hard so that they can maintain this lifestyle that they have become so accustomed to. in my opinion, this all goes back to being either spoiled or privileged and the differences between the 2. he or she that brought this up said it best. being spoiled implies a lack of understanding of the value of what he/she has and what it takes to obtain it.
^
Old 06-23-10, 06:52 AM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

care to explain? that doesn't say much except that you disagree with what i'm saying. i'm not saying it will undoubtedly make kids appreciate and understand what they have, but for some that is exactly what it does. besides, simply receiving a nice/expensive car is not enough to make a kid spoiled. there is so much more such as how loose their parents are with money in general, the things parents buy their kids, how they raise them, etc.

Last edited by aliu603; 06-23-10 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-23-10, 07:53 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

This thread has wandered off topic enough to merit closing.

Javier