IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My IS250 got beat-up by Camry

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 05:41 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think race really has any thing to do with ur driving abilities. its just some people are retarded, and this is applicable to any ethnicity
Old 06-22-10, 06:18 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

ouch....sad to see it...

have the guy pay for your damages....he asked for it....
Old 06-22-10, 09:39 AM
giantdefy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always make it a point to stop and let whoever is backing out go, specially when half of there car is sticking out already just like in your photo, coz 90% of the time they cant see you coming. Forcing your right of way will only get you in a fender bender and now you end up sitting there for hours when you could have waited for an extra 15 seconds for the person to back out.
Ive worked traffic safety for several years and I see thousands of accidents, just way too many dumb drivers not paying attention, doesnt matter what race they are.
Old 06-22-10, 09:43 AM
shhhua
Lead Lap

Lol, clearly looks like his fault.
Old 06-22-10, 10:00 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Now I see why I park my IS away from that supermarket crash zone.
Old 06-22-10, 10:06 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by giantdefy
I always make it a point to stop and let whoever is backing out go, specially when half of there car is sticking out already just like in your photo, coz 90% of the time they cant see you coming. Forcing your right of way will only get you in a fender bender and now you end up sitting there for hours when you could have waited for an extra 15 seconds for the person to back out.
Ive worked traffic safety for several years and I see thousands of accidents, just way too many dumb drivers not paying attention, doesnt matter what race they are.
This is very true... if more people though about this parkin lot accidents would be drastically reduced... this is one of the reasons I always back up in to parkin spots... better visibility and I get to use my back up camera ... I alwyas park far away as possible from most of the people to avoid this as much as possible. Seriously the people who ride with me complain LMAO about how far I park... GL with gettin ur baby fixed though... he is obviously at fault...
Old 06-22-10, 10:28 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by giantdefy
Same here... but this guy was still in his spot and didn't move until I drove by. He gunned it out of his spot and hit me hard. I was just ready to park my car on the corner spot so I was towards the opposite side of traffic. It's not like I was trying to be a ***** and go around him.
Old 06-22-10, 11:23 AM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is all about timing bro and carefulness!...for sure he did not want to hit your car! Looking @ the pic for sure the insurrance will be increased on his end...... Hope you got it fix soon...
Old 06-22-10, 11:55 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowman
Same here... but this guy was still in his spot and didn't move until I drove by. He gunned it out of his spot and hit me hard. I was just ready to park my car on the corner spot so I was towards the opposite side of traffic. It's not like I was trying to be a ***** and go around him.
maybe he was looking for someone to pay to repaint his bumper.

hit you, run out and yell.
Old 06-22-10, 12:09 PM
Dunkin1222
Pole Position

It's clear this dude is a professional at backing into things, just look at the left side of his bumper! I'd have kicked he @$$ right there in the parking lot
Old 06-22-10, 02:40 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I was in a high-rent Safeway parking lot and a E-class sedan almost backed into me. He was backing out very slowly without looking. I wailed on the horn for 3-4 seconds and he stopped. No damage fortunately, but I woke everybody up.
Old 06-22-10, 04:03 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

where is that shopping center so I can stay away from it.
Old 06-22-10, 04:46 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shadowman
Anyway, I heard from my bro that there is a CA Law that allows me to replace my car with a new one since it's less than 30 days old. Is this true?
I don't live in CA, but good luck with this one.

Hopefully you get your car fixed soon.
Old 06-22-10, 07:41 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Just got back from German Auto Body with an estimate.

Quote with parts and labor adds up to $3,437.55

These guys repair Porsche and other expensive back to the way it original. They're awesome and use only Factory Replacement Parts.

I'll bring the estimate to the other party's adjuster tomorrow.

Wish me luck.
Old 06-22-10, 10:07 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

And, based on the thread title, I thought you were street racing against a V-6 Camry and got spanked.

Quick Reply: My IS250 got beat-up by Camry