IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My IS250 got beat-up by Camry

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 10:15 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
This is very true... if more people though about this parkin lot accidents would be drastically reduced... this is one of the reasons I always back up in to parkin spots... better visibility and I get to use my back up camera ... I alwyas park far away as possible from most of the people to avoid this as much as possible. Seriously the people who ride with me complain LMAO about how far I park... GL with gettin ur baby fixed though... he is obviously at fault...
i always do that too, when i get out its a lot easier and less complicated, its worth the extra 10-15sec when getting into the spot
and yes please keep us updated
Old 06-23-10, 04:09 PM
markkin
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Initial_K
Was the driver an asian guy? i see the yellow chancletas , lol.
I am guessing both of the drivers were asians.
Old 06-23-10, 04:19 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Try to get compensated through insurance for the diminished value of your car due to the accident.
Old 06-23-10, 04:53 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

I met with the adjuster and like always, he/she is a total **** (fill in your choice of blank).

He low-balled my estimate by $1000 which is expected because he's only interest is saving Allstate money. I'll see what my Body Shop says, if they don't like that price, I'm gonna return his estimate back to him and MAKE him change it.

As for the dminished value, I'm note sure if that is mentioned in the insurance claim bill of rights. If anyone knows that I can do this, then please let me know. I haven't seen it on my Google searches.

I know that I am entitled to the body shop of my choice, and I'm firm on bringing it to German Auto Body. If their estimate doesn't cover the cost, that's too bad... give me a better estimate because I know the bastard that hit me has up to $25,000 limit on his coverage. He made the mistake of showing me.
Old 06-23-10, 09:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,971 Likes on 2,403 Posts

First, there is significant evidence of poor judgment all over the Camry.

Second, while it would be nice to say race isn't a factor, my experience tells me Asian women are the most dangerous element on the road.

Third, I got screwed by $5k on my trade-in of my 350 because the idiot police officer put "moderate damage" on the police report when all that needed to be done was replace the bumper cover. You'll be screwed if you don't sue for diminished value.

Best of luck getting the repairs done. Regardless of the shop's reputation, every shop has bad days and good days. I hope for your sake the shop is on a good day when they fix your car.
Old 06-24-10, 10:07 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

I'm not too worried about the shop. They have a perfect score on Yelp, plus this place fixes Porsche, higher end BMW / Mercedez. They do a good job. My bro-in-law's, mom had her Porsche repaired there... and people couldn't tell it had been in an accident before. All the alignment, fitment, paint match was done perfectly.

The diminished value may not apply to every state. I'll my insurance company later to ask about it...
Old 06-24-10, 12:13 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That place looks familiar. Was it like around Fremont area?
Old 06-24-10, 01:02 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

^^^ It was actually in Milpitas... right on border of Fremont.

Woohoo! I won the case and ALLSTATE will pay up for repairs and rental car. Well, it's pretty obvious...

So I'll be bringing it to body shop tomorrow.
Old 06-24-10, 01:34 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by trixxx519
i always do that too, when i get out its a lot easier and less complicated, its worth the extra 10-15sec when getting into the spot
and yes please keep us updated
yup! those extra seconds to spare really come in handy. ive noticed more and more people too oblivious in a parking lot setting when they reverse to leave. but it could be partly due to poor spacing within the lot. seriously, many times there is not enough room to reverse without having to do a multi-point turn just to get out.

Originally Posted by shadowman
^^^ It was actually in Milpitas... right on border of Fremont.

Woohoo! I won the case and ALLSTATE will pay up for repairs and rental car. Well, it's pretty obvious...

So I'll be bringing it to body shop tomorrow.
wow! pretty quick decision by the insurance company, although it didnt really surprise me that you'd win. best of luck with the repairs man!
Old 06-24-10, 04:06 PM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

even i can tell by looking at the pic it is his fault. why is he arguing and mad at you lol
Old 06-24-10, 04:15 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

I guess he had bad information... He probably heard "Never admit fault even when it is your fault". I think that's also printed on the insurance cards. Maybe that's why he acted like a total d***
Old 06-24-10, 04:15 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shadowman
I met with the adjuster and like always, he/she is a total **** (fill in your choice of blank).

He low-balled my estimate by $1000 which is expected because he's only interest is saving Allstate money.
I'll see what my Body Shop says, if they don't like that price, I'm gonna return his estimate back to him and MAKE him change it.

As for the dminished value, I'm note sure if that is mentioned in the insurance claim bill of rights. If anyone knows that I can do this, then please let me know. I haven't seen it on my Google searches.

I know that I am entitled to the body shop of my choice, and I'm firm on bringing it to German Auto Body. If their estimate doesn't cover the cost, that's too bad... give me a better estimate because I know the bastard that hit me has up to $25,000 limit on his coverage. He made the mistake of showing me.
Guess you haven't worked with insurance claims before. There is no advantage to "low-balling" an estimate for All State. They do it by default.

The body shop of your choice will give them an updated estimate and All State will pay whatever it is 99.999% of the time (minus your deductible, obviously)

It's really no big deal.

I had an All State estimate of $1300 (with $1000 deductible) one time. The body shop of my choice came back with $2300 of work, and All state paid for all $1300 no questions asked. This is very standard.
Old 06-24-10, 05:30 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,971 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Originally Posted by carLx
Guess you haven't worked with insurance claims before. There is no advantage to "low-balling" an estimate for All State. They do it by default.

The body shop of your choice will give them an updated estimate and All State will pay whatever it is 99.999% of the time (minus your deductible, obviously)

It's really no big deal.

I had an All State estimate of $1300 (with $1000 deductible) one time. The body shop of my choice came back with $2300 of work, and All state paid for all $1300 no questions asked. This is very standard.
Minus your deductible when you are not at fault? No way I'd go for that. Full ticket, period. My deductible is for when I make a claim against MY insurance company, not when I make a claim against the at fault party's insurance company.
Old 06-24-10, 06:21 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Minus your deductible when you are not at fault? No way I'd go for that. Full ticket, period. My deductible is for when I make a claim against MY insurance company, not when I make a claim against the at fault party's insurance company.
My mistake, you are correct. If it's the other person's insurance paying, it is paid in full. If your own insurance is paying for a claim on your vehicle, then the deductible comes into play.
Old 06-24-10, 06:25 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

People get into trouble when the person at fault believes he or she can pay for the damages to your car at a cost that is significantly less than his or her deductible. That's when things can get testy between the two parties.

Quick Reply: My IS250 got beat-up by Camry