IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My IS250 got beat-up by Camry

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-10, 08:29 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy My IS250 got beat-up by Camry

CRAAAPPPP!!! My car just got hit when I dropped off my co-worker at a Supermarket.

My poor baby was only 2 weeks old... Damn... I just put on brand new clear bras and fog overlays on Sunday (yesterday).

The who hit my was a total a-hole too. He wanted to call the cops because he thinks he's right. The idiot backed up from his parking space and hit as I was driving by. That is obviously his fault.

I had plenty of witnesses... and one of the witnesses say "Just punch him in the face"

Anyway... here are pictures of the damages.

My rear door and fender got totaled. I think even the rear-axle got bent.

Any chance that I can get brand new doors... I don't want bondo or pulled sheet
metals.
Old 06-21-10, 08:33 PM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow what a bad driver. same thing happened to me at the DMV when i first got my license. Good thing you got plenty of witnesses and i hope this works out smoothly for you.

BTW how much was your clear bra done for?
Old 06-21-10, 08:36 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that sucks, sorry to see that happen. On a slightly related note, parking lots scare the living daylight out of me. People in parking lots are generally far too complacent. The way some people drive in parking lots, it's as though they assume "Oh, I'm in a parking lot, there's no way I'm going to get into an accident here, thus I don't need to be too careful." That's what it appears like, at least.

I'm always on guard when in a parking lot, especially when backing out of a spot. I will back out at literally 2-3 MPH if I can, stopping frequently.

I've had cars zoom by me, cars I would have hit if I had backed out at even 10 MPH (a speed that most people would not find to be recklessly fast by any stretch of the imagination). Problem is I don't have a backup camera and the visibility in my IS350 is somewhat low in the rear, so when I'm backing out, there's just an enormous blind spot.

Anyways, I'm usually very much on edge when in a parking lot, it paradoxically stresses me out the most. Driving 90 MPH on a large interstate? No problem.

Driving in a crowded parking lot/having to back out in my IS350 with cars to my left and right blocking my view = I get extremely anxious and panicky.
Old 06-21-10, 08:38 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car value just went down lol. You should definitely call the cops and get a report. Then find the best and most expensive workshop to repair the damages.

Where is this location.

Last edited by Initial_K; 06-21-10 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-21-10, 08:43 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

that is def his fault no matter what he says!
Old 06-21-10, 08:47 PM
RPS13
Driver School Candidate

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD that sucks. I tend to stay away from asian supermarkets because that kind of stuff happens. Not only that but after those asian women find parking they like to swing their doors open or even kick it open which cause nasty dings on your door.
Old 06-21-10, 08:50 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

ernestfyu
BTW how much was your clear bra done for?
Total of about 12 hours of labor (installed by me and bro-in-law)... about 50 bucks for parts. I bought from NuSolis (eBay stuff). It included hood, fender and bumper

Initial K
Car value just went down lol. You should definitely call the cops and get a report.
LOL.... that was my first thought. There goes my resale value.
Old 06-21-10, 08:50 PM
LexFather

Sorry to see that. Asshat can't drive.
Old 06-21-10, 08:51 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sux about your car

BUT~

i see a sign that says Ramen, i like ramen
Old 06-21-10, 08:53 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Agree with RPS13. I hate Asian Super Markets... I have to admit that people there seem to be missing a gene ... driving gene. I was just dropping off my co-worker... and wanted to get the hell out. I trip that should've taken less than 2 minutes. Then BAM!!!

I'll never drive there again...

I'll see if I can negotiate with the adjuster for a new door.
Old 06-21-10, 09:05 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Guys, please listen to me! Dont ever call the cops if you dont have to!! I work for Experian and sell Autocheck, Carfax's main competition. The main source of all accident reports are from police reports! Just having a accident show on your vehicle history report automatically drops the value of the car at trade in or makes it much harder to sell! Only file a police report if you have to involve the police. We have alot of sources of where we get our vehicle information, but never auto body shops and rarely insurance companies.

You DO NOT want anything showing on your Vehicle History Report no matter who's fault it is, and no matter how small the damage is.

Good luck
Old 06-21-10, 09:05 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

definitely his fault....happened to me when i was in his shoes haha...(back before i had the lexus...whew!)
Old 06-21-10, 09:09 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

That camry would have gotten his butt kicked! He took a cheap shot and took out your baby!
Old 06-21-10, 09:20 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

damn! that sucks big time. two weeks old and the unthinkable happens....and whats worse is that he thinks he had a shot at winning by including the cop in all of this. hope everything gets replaced, not just fixed. best of luck!
Old 06-21-10, 09:25 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Was the driver an asian guy? i see the yellow chancletas , lol.

Last edited by Initial_K; 06-21-10 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: My IS250 got beat-up by Camry