IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found a Product that Cures Brake Dust Armor All Wheel Protectant (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-10, 01:10 PM
BaronvdB
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kurtz
What works even better is just getting the brake dust TSIB done. Solves the problem permanently. Free.
Too bad that TSIB doesn't apply to IS-F owners...at least that's what my dealer told me...

PS, while I LOVE my Special Build F rims I do sometime miss the easy to clean graphite finish IS 300 wheels...those things always looked clean...
Old 06-28-10, 04:38 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by CLIS250
anyone have a link to the target coupon?
You can't link directly to the coupon, you have to go to Target.com at the top link click>"see more">then click coupons>then look for the picture and print.

RE: Low Dust TSB
I thought about getting it done but I really like how grippy my brakes are and I'd be concerned that the low dust pads will not feel like the OEM pads. The brakes are one of the things I like about the IS350, there grippy and will stop you on a dime. That's why I've been concerned about getting it done. Like I said I've been using P21 for along time and don't mind spending the money on it cause it works very well with little effort. I just thought this might work better to keep it off instead of using the P21. So far it's looking great, everyday I look at my front wheels and they still look clean, puts a smile on my face. I do see a little more dust then 2 days ago but no where near as before without using it.
Will report back with another pic next Sat.
Old 06-28-10, 05:36 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol i actually just got some of this stuff a few weeks ago! Works great, i had the brake TSIB done so i can't really tell the difference but my wheels are cleaner than ever!
Old 06-28-10, 07:08 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If people have NOT tried this, don't post negative crap against it. All that talk against using chemicals annoys me because soap is a chemical as well. Same with P21S Wheel Gel, which IS the safest CHEMICAL to use on your rims to clean it. This is a thread to highlight a recently introduced product that works better than any wheel sealant out there in the United States and has barely any side effects.

FYI, nanotech will join us very soon. Its only a matter of time before the UK nano-sealants will reach US shores so stay tuned for that as well
Old 06-28-10, 07:11 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
RE: Low Dust TSB
I thought about getting it done but I really like how grippy my brakes are and I'd be concerned that the low dust pads will not feel like the OEM pads. The brakes are one of the things I like about the IS350, there grippy and will stop you on a dime. That's why I've been concerned about getting it done.
Brake pads have no impact on normal stopping distance of properly working brakes...that's why the formula to compute braking distance doesn't ask about them... the TSIB pads will stop in exactly the same distance as the original ones will, just as physics requires.

They do "feel" slightly different, but it's a significant improvement IMHO, it's smoother, allowing for better application and modulation of braking force.
Old 06-28-10, 10:25 PM
CLIS250
Pole Position

just picked one up today. gonna give it a try (:
Old 07-03-10, 08:58 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

So this concludes my review of this new product.
Here are front wheel pics I took today, it's been 2 weeks since I applied the Armor All Wheel Protectant. I have not washed my car or my wheels since applying. Since I took the last pic a week ago we have had some rain here in south fl.

If I had not used this product, in 2 weeks my wheels (especially the front) would be covered in brake dust. So for me, this stuff works as advertised. If it looks this good in 2 weeks, I believe them when they say it will keep your wheel looking clean for 4 weeks.

I hardly ever endorse a product, but I am really impressed how this stuff works as advertised. The trick I believe is applying it the correct way to get the longest lasting affect. It's funny cause right now my car is dirtier than my wheels, usually it's the other way around with Tungsten Pearl.

2 week pics since applying this product

Old 07-03-10, 10:13 AM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Another review after wash ?
wondering if those break dust will come off with just water.
Old 07-03-10, 11:00 AM
Chris98GS4
Pole Position

AWESOME!!!!!
I am buying this right now!

I just changed my brakes and put on the wrong pads. Now I have brake dust coming out my glovebox.

Thanks for the heads up on this product.

It BETTER work or else! LOL
Old 07-03-10, 01:12 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kentaro
Another review after wash ?
wondering if those break dust will come off with just water.
You'll see most of the brake dust bead and roll off the wheel when combined with water. Strong spray should remove most of it but its better than having to use a wheel cleaner each time to finish it. It saves a lot of time and money if you ask me
Old 07-03-10, 03:21 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

What is in the product, got to be teflon or something?
Old 07-03-10, 03:55 PM
DarkIs250
Rookie

I have a 2010 Is250, I am assuming these pads already have the low dust pads, can someone please advise?

However, I still get brake dust, in over a week, brake dust starts to appear. I drive 100% city, a lot of stop and go.
Old 07-03-10, 04:08 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
What works even better is just getting the brake dust TSIB done. Solves the problem permanently. Free.
i got a 2009 ... tsb doesn't cover us
Old 07-03-10, 05:58 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I haven't tried this yet on the IS-F, but I applied it a week ago on my 1.8t Jetta and have the same results as you. This stuff seems to be working great!
Old 07-03-10, 09:26 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Found an review elsewhere. I looked it up, but I guess the chemical isn't too harmful..

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2QAF9Y...cm_cr_rdp_perm

Personally I will continue to wash my wheels.
I am not sure how much will get on the rotors and if it would affect braking.

Quick Reply: Found a Product that Cures Brake Dust Armor All Wheel Protectant (Pics)