Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

car looks sick! great pics
Old 06-29-10, 11:12 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by venZon
One of my favs that pushes me to step up my game. Love it!
What "game" you talking about?

Is the car unique? Sure no doubt about it...

but I for one am not feeling the ghey VIP look, never liked it and never will - those ridiculous camber settings and stance is just dumb but hey I may be getting too old for this....haha

However what I do like is the sideskirts and rear diffuser/exhaust setup. The front grill is not so great but if he put on some normal wheels/tires and fix a few things this car does have potential.
Old 06-29-10, 11:50 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that grill painted black would look sexy on a black 2is
Old 06-30-10, 12:27 PM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
no sir, brushed aluminum, with polished aluminum lips.
My apologies
Old 07-01-10, 04:41 AM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kattanh3
I love your previous setups JonJon but I have to agree with mdgrwl on this one (to an extent). What kills it to me isn't the chrome but rather the multi-tone paintjob, the front lip, side skirts and DUB'ish style wheel. To each his own.

On the other hand I love how VIP it is. The clean roof/trunk, grill, and front bumper work well for VIP styling.
multi-tone is unique man... Showup Paint by Maziora; u have to see it in person the pearl is subtle... when the light hits it right u see the purple pearl and green pearl...same as the GT300 IS350

Originally Posted by chrIS250
the last 4 seconds of the video made me vomit when i saw how high you were sitting when you're in drive height....ughh
man my offsets are so aggressive that if i ride low the rim will hit the fender.. remember my rims sit on fender.. thats how flush it is.. so i ride high just in case i bottom out

Originally Posted by Boosty.vip
Damn! Let the haters roll in. I'll tell ya what this is the cleanest IS350 until i see one that can go above & beyond i'll just sleep on this. Job Design Kit = subtle & clean.
Joey.. man wats up with the haters man... Thanks for the shoot and the love
fckyourcrew.com peep the blog.. these guys are straight out a highschool give them credit where credit is due

after reviewing this thread again, and seeing more negative comments then I thought I would, I have to laugh...

in another thread, this IS was votest as the 'best' or 'sexiest' on the forum... now the negative comments stroll in, lol... its just funny.

I think its one of the most highly modded IS's here, no doubt. Everything is done to it, other then boost.

I guess the people who said its the 'best on the forum' are of the mindset that "the more mods you do, the more 'best' you are". Even though they don't flow quite well, or completely alter the car, taken by the comments of 'idenity crisis' others have said.

I guess I just don't get it. And I guess by now you can see I don't feel this is the "best on the forum", for reason others have mentioned.

I'll say its cool and way different, but I would never do this to my car.

I guess thats what makes us all different an unique though.
dang bro u got a lot to say; not taking shots but i see everyone tryin to do VIP style but they always come short.. my car has gone through 3 different stages with 3 differ kits and rims.. the guys on the forum have seen my past setups... i just wanted to be the 1ST to go all out on VIP... no cutting corners... thus my build isnt confused.. everything is JDM to the paint to rims to suspension, etc.. i could have slapped a vertex kit and knock off rims like everyone else on the forum but i chose to stick with the JDM VIP theme... not tryin to take shots at u man.. but this was a pure show car build.. i think if i had an Autofashion or Platinum VIP sticker some of u guys would talk different.. but to his is own... this car is getting parted out by the end of summer so.. hate it now and love it later..
Old 07-01-10, 04:55 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pwned..........
Old 07-01-10, 05:26 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonjon83
multi-tone is unique man... Showup Paint by Maziora; u have to see it in person the pearl is subtle... when the light hits it right u see the purple pearl and green pearl...same as the GT300 IS350

man my offsets are so aggressive that if i ride low the rim will hit the fender.. remember my rims sit on fender.. thats how flush it is.. so i ride high just in case i bottom out

Joey.. man wats up with the haters man... Thanks for the shoot and the love
fckyourcrew.com peep the blog.. these guys are straight out a highschool give them credit where credit is due

dang bro u got a lot to say; not taking shots but i see everyone tryin to do VIP style but they always come short.. my car has gone through 3 different stages with 3 differ kits and rims.. the guys on the forum have seen my past setups... i just wanted to be the 1ST to go all out on VIP... no cutting corners... thus my build isnt confused.. everything is JDM to the paint to rims to suspension, etc.. i could have slapped a vertex kit and knock off rims like everyone else on the forum but i chose to stick with the JDM VIP theme... not tryin to take shots at u man.. but this was a pure show car build.. i think if i had an Autofashion or Platinum VIP sticker some of u guys would talk different.. but to his is own... this car is getting parted out by the end of summer so.. hate it now and love it later..
If you went for VIP - you nailed it.

While its not my thing, your car is the most unique.

EDIT: I guess what people are confused about is that the ISx50 isn't a VIP car by nature. Its a sports sedan... if you wanted TRUE VIP, should of gone with a GS350 or LS. It just looks awkward.

Last edited by mdgrwl; 07-01-10 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-01-10, 07:04 AM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

I <3 HATERS

If people aren't hating you're not doing it right.
Old 07-01-10, 07:50 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Very unique but looking good
Old 07-01-10, 10:15 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

JonJon's car is the definition of Sex on Wheels!
Old 07-01-10, 10:47 AM
areukhmer
Lexus Test Driver

Hahahahah JonJon if u do part out! I'll take the Job Design kit off u! Lets the hate continue!!!!!
Old 07-01-10, 10:54 AM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

i love it jonjon... later down the road when it becomes a popular fad, seeing everything else has so i'm sure it will... you can say you been there done that!! OG style!!
Old 07-01-10, 06:30 PM
Boosty.vip
Pole Position

If you went for VIP - you nailed it.

While its not my thing, your car is the most unique.

EDIT: I guess what people are confused about is that the ISx50 isn't a VIP car by nature. Its a sports sedan... if you wanted TRUE VIP, should of gone with a GS350 or LS. It just looks awkward.
Well the IS250/350 are more like... entry level sedans. A IS-F is a sport sedan. haha

Haha Jonjon, if you have a 5 hater's on you right now, you better think of how to get 10 more people hating by the end of summer.
Old 07-02-10, 08:03 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Last edited by MIA_LEX; 07-07-10 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-02-10, 08:27 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

I'm the 7th hater!! I hate you for not letting me drive it!! haha looking good as always Jonjon! Don't worry, there's always haters just like when the Panda IS only had a front lip lmao

Quick Reply: JonJon's IS350!