IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NEW IS350 owner here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-10, 02:05 PM
BradInPhx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW IS350 owner here!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi to all. I picked this 2006 up in Vegas (I am in phoenix, AZ) I have had it for a few weeks now and loving everything about it!

I dont know what my plans are for the car, just enjoying her for now!

The rims are stock powder coated black with a red stripe, they look far better in person but I feel like I will put some new rims on it in the future.

Last edited by BradInPhx; 06-13-11 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-02-10, 02:07 PM
lexy250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pickup and welcome to the Club! Those rims don't look half bad being stock with some custom paint work. Next stop the drop!
Old 07-02-10, 02:09 PM
kenny_evo
Pole Position

Welcome to CL, nice rims

5% Tint all around??
Old 07-02-10, 02:10 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats for making your rims look smaller.

I love your tint! welcome to CL.
Old 07-02-10, 02:46 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

congrats and welcome to CL/ addiction haha
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome.

Eh, not so keen on that tint. Too dark, and what's with the tint on the front windshield. That's just dangerous.
RDAVILA702
Driver

I thought that car looked familiar! That's Ricardo's old car. I was going to buy it in March, but had to pass on it.
Old 07-02-10, 02:52 PM
BradInPhx
Rookie

Originally Posted by RDAVILA702
I thought that car looked familiar! That's Ricardo's old car. I was going to buy it in March, but had to pass on it.
You are right! It was. The car was actually featured on E!'s Show called Holly's World. Ricardo took Holly Madison on a date (reality scripted BS) in the car!

Lets hope you didnt pass on it due to anything wrong with the car!
Old 07-02-10, 02:56 PM
RDAVILA702
Driver

Originally Posted by BradInPhx
You are right! It was. The car was actually featured on E!'s Show called Holly's World. Ricardo took Holly Madison on a date (reality scripted BS) in the car!

Lets hope you didnt pass on it due to anything wrong with the car!
Yea. Cool guy huh? Actually, that car was in AMAZING shape when I saw it. Judging by the way he drove it, probably stayed that way when you bought it.
Old 07-02-10, 02:57 PM
RDAVILA702
Driver

Yea. Cool guy huh? Actually, that car was in AMAZING shape when I saw it. Judging by the way he drove it, probably stayed that way when you bought it.
I remember when we were going to go to the bank to finish the deal, but then he said he needed it for a date. Then I would have had to wait for him to get back from a tour about a month later to buy it.
Old 07-02-10, 03:00 PM
BradInPhx
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Welcome.

Eh, not so keen on that tint. Too dark, and what's with the tint on the front windshield. That's just dangerous.

I see where you are coming from, during the day vision is not a problem. At night, the windows are really really dark, but I have always driven with my windows down so I am fine there.

The front windshield is not as bad as you would think at night, and All of Arizona's roads are very well lit.

I am not sure if I will keep the front like this, so far it has not been a problem. I am going to see how things are when I install HIDs
Old 07-02-10, 03:02 PM
BradInPhx
Rookie

I remember when we were going to go to the bank to finish the deal, but then he said he needed it for a date. Then I would have had to wait for him to get back from a tour about a month later to buy it.
He was a very busy guy, was cool tho. Car is in amazing shape. I was already heading up to vegas when I found his AD. He wasnt going to be home when I went so I flew up a day early and picked it up.
Old 07-02-10, 03:02 PM
lexy250
Lead Lap

Lol, I posted in the Post your pics of your car that I guaranteed you needed to roll your windows down at night. Honestly I dig the set up with the tint. If I could get away with it I would do it. If you're safe, then no reason not to make it look sexy.
Old 07-02-10, 03:20 PM
BradInPhx
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lexy250
Lol, I posted in the Post your pics of your car that I guaranteed you needed to roll your windows down at night. Honestly I dig the set up with the tint. If I could get away with it I would do it. If you're safe, then no reason not to make it look sexy.
Arizona's Tint laws are: Driver and Pass window must be 35% or more and the back windows and rear window can be anything, even if you made it 0% light. The front windshield is strip only.

All of my vehicles have been heavily tinted and have only had one stop for it.

In AZ if you get a tint ticket its usually a repair order, which you dont have to prove or do anything about. If you get another one within 30 days of it you would be subject to a fine. But if you get one 2 or 3 months down the road its just another 30 days you cant get one.

The only time I have known people to get bugged over tint is when you are driving around 2am (when the bars close) and they just use it as an excuse to see if you are drunk, but I dont drink and drive at all so I am good
Old 07-02-10, 03:27 PM
lexy250
Lead Lap

Yeah, I'm all for dark tint. I brought my car over from Hawaii and in Cali you can't even tint your front passenger and driver windows. I said ***** you, I ain't driving around like that. I get fix it tickets and just pay the $120 fine. I've actually been debating going darker because I want darker, but I know the cops that love to bust peoples ***** will pull me over a lot more than they do now. I hate rolling down my windows at night, because I like to not have people staring at me lol. That's usually when I get my tickets. The day isn't too bad for me with 13%. I usually just crack my windows and the light from the front is good enough to have cops leave me alone sometimes lol.

Oh, when i was mentioning you having to roll your windows down, it was for seeing purposes at night. Cause I know my 13% is hard when backing up at night without rolling my windows down.

Quick Reply: NEW IS350 owner here!