IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

WALD Replica! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 03:03 AM
lexy250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK-47
(I agree that this Nav got better function then stock), but with same out look, as stock, why isn't this Nav a replica. where this WALD style body kit got the same out look as the REAL one.

so your saying that if this company that makes the WALD style body kit thats in perfect fittement and sell it for more then is not a replica? cuse the Flyaudio COPY exact same out look with the stock Nav
The nav is made to fit our OEM, so of course it has to retro fit all of our controls. We wouldn't want to stick a nav in there that looks foreign to our interior. The replicas of the WALD and all Legit kits are direct copies. Most of the time the company will purchase the real one and use it to form the replica mold. That's what they all do. I guess you could say they both are replicas, but the kits are usually ***** material & quality. I guess some are more strict when it comes to this and I'm one of those that stands behind a product that was actually R&D and work was put into it, unlike these guys making replicas. It's the thought of watering down the market with *****ty stuff that bothers me. Soon you can't tell what's what and....they even try to sell it as legit stuff at the legit prices. It's a craft that takes time for skilled people to make em and you get people just popping off a mold and mass producing. It's the principle, but to each his own. When I build my car, I like to think I'm one of the few that have something legit or belong to a club in itself by just having something like a Authentic WALD Kit, not that I have one, but that's the spirit and thought behind authentic owners.

Last edited by lexy250; 07-11-10 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-11-10, 03:33 AM
AK-47
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexy250
The nav is made to fit our OEM, so of course it has to retro fit all of our controls. We wouldn't want to stick a nav in there that looks foreign to our interior. The replicas of the WALD and all Legit kits are direct copies. Most of the time the company will purchase the real one and use it to form the replica mold. That's what they all do. I guess you could say they both are replicas, but the kits are usually ***** material & quality. I guess some are more strict when it comes to this and I'm one of those that stands behind a product that was actually R&D and work was put into it, unlike these guys making replicas. It's the thought of watering down the market with *****ty stuff that bothers me. Soon you can't tell what's what and....they even try to sell it as legit stuff at the legit prices. It's a craft that takes time for skilled people to make em and you get people just popping off a mold and mass producing. It's the principle, but to each his own. When I build my car, I like to think I'm one of the few that have something legit or belong to a club in itself by just having something like a Authentic WALD Kit, not that I have one, but that's the spirit and thought behind authentic owners.
agree with you there, credits must be given to the authentic owners. but there are many buyers out there, some will buy authertic and some will get the replica, if that company won't make the wald style kit, some other company will do it 1 day, cuse there is a group of buyers in that market with that price range of buying relpica. Like you said no1 is going to burn that replica company down, not that I support replica (cuse I own both authentic and replica), I will only support my own pocket, HEHE
Old 07-11-10, 03:41 AM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread is drifting off topic. lets not turn this into a debate.
Old 07-11-10, 05:16 AM
lexy250
Lead Lap

no worries, it's all healthy chat lol. No fights
Old 07-11-10, 05:44 AM
Noz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexy250
no worries, it's all healthy chat lol. No fights
I agree. It's all in good debate. I don't hate or try to "burn" people with replicas, but there is no way around the fact that the companies making replicas are directly stealing another companies product and making profit off of it. Buying from them is pretty much supporting a thief. The authentic companies can't go after them because they can't patent their kits. I believe it's like trying to patent a spaghetti recipe... it's just not possible. Saying it's better for my pocket or I just can't afford the authentic product just isn't a valid excuse. But hey, we all have the rights to our own thoughts. Buying a rep kit isn't like murdering a person or anything.
Old 07-11-10, 01:53 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

authentic body kit makers should be making their kits out of polyurethane. those who make them out of fiberglass are asking for people to buy replicas. why would you wanna pay $600 for a lip that will crack after a small dip?

i'd pay more for poly urethane. just for the damage resistance and better fitment.
Old 07-11-10, 02:10 PM
pli
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
Word, im ordering one

authentic of course.

to knockoffs
i cant help but notice, your sig says you have a blitz style grill. yet you're giving thumbs down about knockoffs. hypocrite much?

my opinion is, if it fits well, and its a good price, then i'd get it. but i wouldn't be going around saying its the real thing. i'm not rich. nor do i have a well paying job yet. so its more of what i can afford for the time being. i pay for things according to quality and price.
Old 07-11-10, 04:03 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you guys better not have imitation, fake carbon fiber sticker wraps in your car.
if you can't afford real carbon fiber....................
Old 07-11-10, 04:26 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i just want the wing
Old 07-11-10, 04:42 PM
nMeOnE
Pole Position

I dont know why you guys are bashing on ppl who buy replica... Are you paying for there replica parts? if not then i dont think you should worry about it... just my 2 cents...
Old 07-11-10, 06:58 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by steezy
speaking of replicas. LOOK WHOS THE MODEL CAR FOR THE EBAY VERTEX REP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...ht_9416wt_1167
actually his car has the real vertex front.
Old 07-11-10, 07:04 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

that's strange, i would've thought, if anything, that the front lip would be a rep while the rest of the kit is authentic since the front lip takes the brunt of damage while driving
Old 07-11-10, 08:47 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

^ yep, no one makes the replica front when he bought it, but guess that's not the case now lol
Old 07-12-10, 12:32 AM
JDMIS250
Driver

Originally Posted by lexboi250
actually his car has the real vertex front.
yes. real front and rep side & rear
Old 07-12-10, 08:31 AM
IS250chino
Driver

Funny story " just left a body shop where someone took a replica Wald Spoiler and had to spend $300.00 for it to work? I quess im going to remove the foot out of my *** and buy authentic

LMAO

Quick Reply: WALD Replica! ! !