IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Things that annoy you about your car

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 06:07 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was dumb that I didn't have a light in the trunk till I asked some one and found it lol. Now it's just the lack of ventilation coolin. Well that has a temp fix now to lol sooooo nothin
Old 07-11-10, 06:49 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CleverName
Why F-sport? isn't the nose on an F sport significantly heavier? Seems using bars not designed for our weight characteristics may not be the right choice?

V
He didn't say IS-F

http://www.lexus.com/performance/#/f...ment/IS/is250/
Old 07-11-10, 07:52 PM
tw88
Rookie

The paddle shifters should keep the car in the gear that you choose. Too bad there are no after market tuners working on this as this seems like it could be fixed by changing a few simple lines of code in the transmission control module.
Old 07-11-10, 07:52 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
hmm... what annoys me about my car~

1. the stares i get from other DRIVERS on the road, they should be watching where they're going not looking at my car~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

2. in parking lots how i have to park so far from the entrance to any store/mall due to fear of door dings~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

3. when i'm driving i don't ever have time to look at hotties in other cars/walking on the sidewalk because i'm too worried about running into a some pothole or keeping an eye out for careless drivers, i don't wanna curb/damage my rims or anything else~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

4. how i HAVE TO spend 1hr cleaning my car before EVERYTIME i drive her, can't be rolling in a dirty car~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

i can go on n on

Old 07-11-10, 08:00 PM
Nok99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm i guess for me it would be the cup holder placements and sucky coin holder.
Old 07-11-10, 11:12 PM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

crappy cup holders, wish paddles worked as real shifters
Old 07-11-10, 11:19 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no manual 350 and tuning. thats it.

o and everything llamaboiz said
Old 07-12-10, 12:36 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eggwoll
crappy cup holders, wish paddles worked as real shifters
what do you drink, double gulps?
Old 07-12-10, 12:51 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

these are the things that annoy me so far. This is coming from a 350z, evo, and wrx so I might be asking too much sporty stuff

1. IS250 brakes suck as far as stopping power goes

2. E-brake being at the footwell (trying to get used to it since everything else was the hand brake)

3. Can't replace the stock deck with aftermarket easily

4. Having brake dust issues in the front without bumper to bumper warranty (minor will replace pads myself some day)

That's the major ones for me
Old 07-12-10, 02:07 AM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jetfire
what do you drink, double gulps?
let me rephrase it... MORE cup holders for my passengers rather than that lame single cupholder in the center console.
Old 07-12-10, 02:17 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

+1 on that lol, but its never more than 1 passenger in my car because my fenders arent pulled yet. btw there is 2 in the center console
Old 07-12-10, 02:25 AM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mv350
+1 on that lol, but its never more than 1 passenger in my car because my fenders arent pulled yet. btw there is 2 in the center console
LOL I know that its just that using the one inside the center console is a hassle since my hand usually rests on top of it plus that cup holder is my coin holder haha

Last edited by eggwoll; 07-12-10 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-12-10, 02:45 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

same here, but it holds my big *** slurpees no problem
Old 07-12-10, 03:20 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

the cigarette burn that my friend made QQ :"(
Old 07-12-10, 04:21 AM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Trunk space sucks. I miss having back seats that fold down like my old tC.

The OEM head unit (non ML) is kinda crappy too. It bugs me when I have an MP3 cd in it, and I want to view song title or artist, or anything at all. I cant figure out how to scroll the text to see the rest of the titles. I don't think it can be done. Also, I hate it how when I park and leave my car and come back, I have to press the TEXT button a couple times again. I would just like it to stay on SONG TITLE forever until I press TEXT to change it. I don't like having to press TEXT a couple times every time I start my car.

The cupholder suck especially if you're driving an MT like mine. Anything bigger than a soda can gets in the way of shifting. Starbucks, Jamba, or any fast food cups I get HAVE to go in the rear seat cupholdes. The bottle holders on the front sides dont exactly hold anything but small bottles (surprise!). Wish it had cupholders that pop on the front dash near the air vents like the BMWs I've seen. Those are small too, but at least it doesn't get in the way of anything.

Also, the engine bay layout is kinda crappy imo. You have to remove so much stuff just to get around things. I just did my spark plugs today, and it took nearly 3 hours to remove the manifold to do it because I had to figure out how to loosen about a billion bolts. I used the DYI too, but some of them were in such TERRIBLE position it was nearly impossible to remove. I dropped like 3-4 bolts, a couple wrenches, and those plastic cover clips into the car out of frustration.

This car is actually really hard to do regular maintainence to than I'm used to. My family has a couple Infiniti's and I used to drive a tC, all which are SOOOOOO easy to do maintainence. Spark plugs in one of the Infiniti's took me a good....15 minutes to do. Open the hood, remove the spark plug covers, unscrew the spark plugs, put new ones in. With the 2IS, there's just so many wires and tubes running EVERYWHERE.

AND, installing the quick shifter was a PITA! I got the shifter installed within an hour, but spent the next 3 hours trying to get the freaking rubber boot on properly. I called my friend to help too, and in the end, we both just gave up because it was just impossible to do without throwing the car on a hydralic lift.

End mini rant. I actually really like my car, contrary to what it seems. Just these little things really bug me sometimes.

Quick Reply: Things that annoy you about your car