IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Things that annoy you about your car

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-10, 05:50 AM
willi3ja
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lack of destination entry, or being able to really do anything with the nav screen, while moving
Old 07-12-10, 06:21 AM
Rblanshard
Driver School Candidate

On the dash, I wish I had an digital speedometer. Sure, I can tell I'm doing 20, 40, or 60 - but I'd like to know what my actual speed is sometimes.

I with the paddle shifters were quicker. I love that feature - makes me feel like Hamilton or Webber - but a 500 RPM difference between click and shift is too long.

While I can stream my iPhone music via bluetooth, I wish the USB port worked and I can see my song data on the nav screen and control it with the steering wheel. I'm actually considering getting a Nano just for this purpose.

Speaking of the iPhone, the car and phone don't always sync and I can't dial with the nav screen. I have to pull out my phone and dial out directly. Again, not a big problem, but if I have the feature, I'd like to use it.

So far I've only had my car 10 days and that's all I've found so far but I'm still figuring it out.
Old 07-12-10, 07:16 AM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rblanshard
On the dash, I wish I had an digital speedometer. Sure, I can tell I'm doing 20, 40, or 60 - but I'd like to know what my actual speed is sometimes.

I with the paddle shifters were quicker. I love that feature - makes me feel like Hamilton or Webber - but a 500 RPM difference between click and shift is too long.

While I can stream my iPhone music via bluetooth, I wish the USB port worked and I can see my song data on the nav screen and control it with the steering wheel. I'm actually considering getting a Nano just for this purpose.

Speaking of the iPhone, the car and phone don't always sync and I can't dial with the nav screen. I have to pull out my phone and dial out directly. Again, not a big problem, but if I have the feature, I'd like to use it.

So far I've only had my car 10 days and that's all I've found so far but I'm still figuring it out.
ahhh, to be able to stream music via bluetooth... how lucky you are
Old 07-12-10, 10:33 AM
khoab88
Lead Lap

Default my annoying

no extending sun visor.
Old 07-12-10, 11:08 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Things that annoy you.

NAGGERS!

kidding, I'm happy with my car. Wished I had black interior though.

hahahahaha !!! DUDE !! DATS frm South park !! OMG i love SP !! didnt u like it too... BTW did u knw dat South park episode are sold on virgin shops (city centre) all uncensored DVDs...
Old 07-12-10, 11:20 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

brake squeal for me, and sometimes the rattles. as for the paddles-just take them away. i don't really use them.
Old 07-12-10, 11:28 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

No rear fold down seats...

I was trying to find it when I first got the car then realized, that the setup was like a 96 Accord with a center pass through only. I guess Lexus figure that we only will buy curtain rods or expensive rugs.
Old 07-12-10, 12:19 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

The hordes of IS250s I see on the road on a daily basis. Chances are, 9 out of 10 ISx50s you run into will be a 250.

With the number of entry-level IS250s on the road, the IS line loses a lot of its perceived performance/exclusivity image Lexus tries to establish with its marketing to the general public compared to other vehicles like the GS and LS. The car seems like it is almost as common as the Ford Mustangs on the road. I see FAR less G37s on the road than I do ISx50s due to the 250 factor...the ratio of G37s to IS350s seems fairly even from what I've personally seen (no supporting data to verify this). Sorry in advance 250 owners, it's not your fault that the 250 is in such high demand compared to the IS350/IS-F...

Other than that rant, my pet peeves of the IS is the lack of tuning options (especially compared to the 335), lack of manual option, and the soft stock suspension system.
Old 07-12-10, 01:08 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Originally Posted by redspencer
The hordes of IS250s I see on the road on a daily basis. Chances are, 9 out of 10 ISx50s you run into will be a 250.

With the number of entry-level IS250s on the road, the IS line loses a lot of its perceived performance/exclusivity image Lexus tries to establish with its marketing to the general public compared to other vehicles like the GS and LS. The car seems like it is almost as common as the Ford Mustangs on the road. I see FAR less G37s on the road than I do ISx50s due to the 250 factor...the ratio of G37s to IS350s seems fairly even from what I've personally seen (no supporting data to verify this). Sorry in advance 250 owners, it's not your fault that the 250 is in such high demand compared to the IS350/IS-F...

Other than that rant, my pet peeves of the IS is the lack of tuning options (especially compared to the 335), lack of manual option, and the soft stock suspension system.

Hey, Ive been a proud owner of both, and I agree, especially here in IL, there is a million IS250AWD's just wish the 350 had more differences that an average person would notice.......
Old 07-12-10, 01:18 PM
Karlson
Driver

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
hmm... what annoys me about my car~

1. the stares i get from other DRIVERS on the road, they should be watching where they're going not looking at my car~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

2. in parking lots how i have to park so far from the entrance to any store/mall due to fear of door dings~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

3. when i'm driving i don't ever have time to look at hotties in other cars/walking on the sidewalk because i'm too worried about running into a some pothole or keeping an eye out for careless drivers, i don't wanna curb/damage my rims or anything else~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

4. how i HAVE TO spend 1hr cleaning my car before EVERYTIME i drive her, can't be rolling in a dirty car~ so i guess, how nice my car is?

i can go on n on
Lol, I agree with Llamaboiz
Old 07-12-10, 01:33 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Automatic transmissions, that's what annoys me. Like everything else about my car.
Old 07-12-10, 02:08 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

The whining sound is just plain annoying.
Old 07-12-10, 02:21 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

I'll start with the biggie first:

1) driver's door detents - there's not enough...it will hold itself open just a little, or ALL THE WAY, no in between. I hate his on a daily basis.
2) paddles too slow to react; paddles not true manual shift
3) dash rattle (fixed, but still there)
4) oil filter location, should be on top like other newer cars
5) no LSD on the 350s, and '08-09 IS-Fs....seriously Toyota, is this your sports sedan or not?
6) no folding rear seats
7) seizure-inducing seat belt chime
8) stock ride height/soft suspension...I did not buy an ES for a reason, Toyota
9) no nav use while rolling
10) can't use trac disable button while rolling
11) driver's seat has NO lateral support for upper torso. I know most Americans are fat, but come on
12) no ventilation for my *** or lower back, just my weiner
13) can't adjust red ring for MPH, comes on at 100
14) OD tire size too small...when u go to 19's, can't run 40 series (like u can with Infiniti)
15) backup cam does not have the guide lines that curve when turning
Old 07-12-10, 02:36 PM
tw88
Rookie

Originally Posted by redspencer

Haha, I just took a Lexus online survey in which they showed a video of the IS350 that emphasized performance and handling. And then at the end, up pops a special lease offer for the IS250. I commented that it was very disingenuous of them.
Old 07-12-10, 02:47 PM
MBTC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by replica
13) can't adjust red ring for MPH, comes on at 100
? You don't have a button to the left of the steering column that let's you make setting changes like the speed/tach alert?

Quick Reply: Things that annoy you about your car