IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I got rear ended sigh

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-10 | 08:56 AM
jlee-
Driver School Candidate

Default I got rear ended sigh

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-a-change.html

So I just moved to San Diego about a month ago and haven't really enjoyed it out here lol... I noticed everyone out here seems to suck at driving, wait lemme rephrase that THEY SWALLOW. Anyways lemme get on with the story I gotta paint the picture for all of you.

I was on my way back from the mall and came to a red light behind a clean lexus ls430 around 6pm on July 1st. As I looked in my rear view mirror I noticed a girl not looking straight ahead but off to the right in her toyota truck. I thought to myself "omfgshesnotlookingstraightandshesnotslowingdownthisisgoingto****inghurt!!!"
As she finally decides to look straight ahead she does this O ****!!! face and plows right into my rear going about 40mph. I braced myself for the impact but to no avail got tossed around pretty good heard a pop in my neck and my glasses went flying off my face (found out later they were by the rear windshield). Stunned and dazed I looked for my cellphone but could not find it, luckily a good sammaritan saw the accident called 911 and came over to check on me (Thanks Dude). Cops and ambulence came and took me to the ER, CT scan says nothing broken Thank God but neck and back is still sore, been going to accupuncture seems to be helping.

Cars involved in accident
Toyota Truck hit lexus is350
lexus is350 got pushed into lexus ls430
lexus ls430 got pushed into jeep

I didnt know they use ducktape to strap you down???

More Pictures~~
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...g/car%20crash/

Now the problem is I have no idea what to do from this point.
Do I need a lawyer? (I live in San Diego if anyone can help with that)
Do I need to contact the other persons insurance? Which I dont have cause I couldnt get it from the person but police report should have it.
Insurance is saying its a total loss
2008 Lexus is350
56k miles
Luxury Package
18" Alloy Wheels / New All Season Tires
Navigation System DVD/CD Changer
Mark Levinson
HKS Dual Sport Exhaust
Preferred Accessory Package
Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheels Locks & Rear Bumper Applique
Color: Glacier Frost / Black Interior
I still owe 20k on the car and insurance is saying they will give me 34k for the car or 24k if i wanna keep it. Not sure which is the better choice.

And of course airbags did not pop which from what ive been reading on the forums and researching makes sense now.
Old 07-13-10 | 09:02 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Hey man that sucks. Too bad we can't always have attentive drivers
Old 07-13-10 | 09:03 AM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Default ..

oh that sucks bro....at least u r ok...
Old 07-13-10 | 09:04 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Totally sorry to hear about the accident...

My car was hit on the rear passenger side after 3 weeks of buying my IS250. It totally sucks to hear Lexus getting hit and injuries involved.

I don't know if your insurance covers GAP or not. But it is supposed to pay you the difference between the amount of your loan and appraised value. This should fully cover your loss.

Also, you can claim for your mod parts if you still have the receipt and documents.

You don't need to involve your lawyers unless you are not getting any cooperation from other party's insurance. You can also contact your insurance which should take care of YOU. Get them to pay for medical, rental car, and your mod parts. Unfortunately, other party insurance will only pay for appraised value of your car since it has been depreciated. Hopefully, you bought GAP insurance to cover the difference.

Heal up and get well man... that's more important right now.

EDIT: I would just claim total loss... the car has been jeopardized. I am more concern for the safety since it was sandwiched. 34K is still enough to get an IS350

Last edited by shadowman; 07-13-10 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-13-10 | 09:05 AM
ISThree
Lead Lap

glad you are ok. make sure to check your neck and back!
Old 07-13-10 | 09:06 AM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

damn man, cars are replaceable. good to see ur ok enough to be typing.
Old 07-13-10 | 09:06 AM
Rash
hmm

That's a GFM curse, I swear.

Glad you're okay.
Old 07-13-10 | 09:11 AM
lexy250
Lead Lap

welcome to California dude, make sure you get Uninsured motorist coverage too since you're here now lol. Tons of illegal people driving. Sorry to hear, but at least no worries about money on your part for the car repairs. So where in daygo you at. I'm down south by the border lol
Old 07-13-10 | 09:16 AM
jlee-
Driver School Candidate

Im by korea town convoy st where this accident actually happened.
Old 07-13-10 | 09:35 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

glad ur ok... it they are willing to repair ur car and give u 24k? or just 24k for repairs? that would be financially the best route...

but the car never drives the same after an accident. so i would just get the 34k and put down 14k on new car down payment.
Old 07-13-10 | 09:51 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Wow, that sucks, get well soon buddy...
Old 07-13-10 | 09:54 AM
SlickRSM
Pole Position

If u have questions PM me same thing happened to me in 08 i wound up having artificial disc replacement surgery in my neck at been through it all.
Old 07-13-10 | 09:58 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Take the 34K. Cash is king.
Old 07-13-10 | 11:18 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

I'd take the cash and get another car. I wouldn't want to have the worry of driving a car that had been badly wrecked like that, and what might break next - even after having repaired the car to good condition (you never know).

Take the 34K and go get another IS350.
Old 07-13-10 | 11:23 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

damn bro! sorry to hear. first and foremost, i hope you're alright. a massive accident like that might have some bodily effects later on, primarily back, neck, and sometimes a spike in blood pressure). as for the car itself, it'd be hard to get back into yours if it is a total loss. use the money for a new car. i agree with allst4r...a car NEVER drives the same after an accident, especially one that badly involved. best of luck!!

Quick Reply: I got rear ended sigh