IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

V-led DRL HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 08:57 AM
VLEDS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by renozi
the oscillating voltage won't damage the new 28 LEDs if we choose to run it without the module and the relay right?
This will not damage the LEDs, however the output will be reduced because of the low voltage.

The Fog Lights are not affected by this problem as they run at full voltage. This problem only occurs on cars that use a low voltage High-Beam for the DRL.

I hope this helps to clarify these problems.
James
Old 11-15-10, 09:10 PM
PhanK
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi I just bought the V-LEDS DRL Kit but no instructions was included. Could someone help me clarify which end goes where? I don't want to chance it and blow a fuse or cause permanent damage. Please see picture of the new V-LEDS harness for the DRL. I'm not sure how to run or hide the harness. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails V-led DRL HELP!!!!!!!-img_0539a-large-.jpg   V-led DRL HELP!!!!!!!-img_0559-large-.jpg  
Old 11-15-10, 10:21 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks about right, you will left one factory connector un-connected, and may want to put tape on it to prevent from getting wet. But, with the relay, you will have to drill holes on the light cover on each side unless you do not plan to put the cover back on.
http://vleds.wordpress.com/2010/11/0...-is-drl-guide/

Last edited by quang; 11-15-10 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-15-10, 10:34 PM
PhanK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by quang
That looks about right, you will left one factory connector un-connected, and may want to put tape on it to prevent from getting wet. But, with the relay, you will have to drill holes on the light cover on each side unless you do not plan to put the cover back on.
Thanks! I couldn't see how to make all the connections work but it make more sense now to leave the driver's side factory harness unplug. I will try to find some time this weekend to do this. Thanks again.
Old 12-09-10, 05:15 AM
fobby
Pole Position

Wow I wish I had seen this thread before my install of this v-led kit ....It also didnt come with any instructions. So I had to guess at the install. After I got everything installed. I tested it, then boom!....my little DRL module blew up..... I hope vled will send me a new DRL module.
Old 12-09-10, 05:52 AM
boostedcrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kaspia
Hi I just bought the V-LEDS DRL Kit but no instructions was included. Could someone help me clarify which end goes where? I don't want to chance it and blow a fuse or cause permanent damage. Please see picture of the new V-LEDS harness for the DRL. I'm not sure how to run or hide the harness. Thanks
The input plug on the module is not ploarized so you CAN plug it in backwards, please be careful. they say the module "will be permantly damaged" if plugged in backwards, which could be true . BUT this is just a simple step up transformer with a inductor, capacitor and a ic driver circuit. you would probably blow the conditioning input capicator before anything else goes. SO BE CAREFUL!!! i really dont see the need for the module because i hooked mine up with a simple wide range vary relay, much simpler and easier
Old 12-09-10, 12:04 PM
PhanK
Driver School Candidate

Thanks but I got V-LEDS Tech Rep to clarified for me. Here is my diagram.
I tap the ground to the spot by the battery fender and run the harness along the side to hide the wiring.
Attached Thumbnails V-led DRL HELP!!!!!!!-img_0539a-custom-.jpg   V-led DRL HELP!!!!!!!-img_7632-custom-.jpg  
Old 12-09-10, 01:17 PM
fobby
Pole Position

That is exactly the way I connected my set up from Vleds and my DRL module exploded.
Old 12-09-10, 01:32 PM
PhanK
Driver School Candidate

Default V-LEDS DRL Module

One of my buddy mess up his Accord V-LEDS DRL Modules. You can tell when the DRL module is plug in wrong because it will heats up really bad. He say the plastic housing was melting. Just in case, I double check the positive and negative wire of the module and correspond it to your harness positive/negative wires. You can pop the DRL Module cover off (its will snap to close). For the future DRL Modules, V-LEDS should use red/black wires to help us easily identify the positive/neg terminal.
Attached Thumbnails V-led DRL HELP!!!!!!!-img_7575-custom-.jpg  
Old 12-10-10, 09:50 AM
boostedcrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fobby
That is exactly the way I connected my set up from Vleds and my DRL module exploded.
i think v-led needs to replace your module, because how are people going to know which wire is positive or negative to tell the polarity of the connector?
Old 12-10-10, 09:54 AM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the newer version of the V-LED module will not even light up the LED and thus you know the polarity is incorrect and thus just flip the LED bulb over.
Old 12-10-10, 01:40 PM
Jensennn
Driver

Is there a way to just change a bulb only without having to buy a module, harness, etc.? If there is a bulb what is it and what are the cons of doing this? thanks
Old 12-14-10, 11:12 PM
IS350rock
Driver

Were cab I get some LEDs for my DRLs a link would be nice thanks
Old 01-01-11, 05:14 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350rock
Were cab I get some LEDs for my DRLs a link would be nice thanks
I think the link on the first page is it.

However could someone clarify for a newbie...

This is the link for both DRL and FOG lights?

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/D...22474-3-3.html

are there any cheaper alternative?
Old 01-01-11, 06:25 AM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.v-leds.com/Vehicle-Specif...71399-3-3.html

isnt this what we need?

Question: If I buy the above kit.... I lose high beams right?

Last edited by Jmags; 01-01-11 at 06:32 AM.

Quick Reply: V-led DRL HELP!!!!!!!