IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My new oem look

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 10:29 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CCJ22
So according to the genesis forum The genesis coupe hub bore is 67.1mm... And I think ours is 60.1mm. Not completely sure on either as I haven't measured either hub bore.

But if this IS true then I'm in wonder of how exactly the OP has no vibration? Anyone with these wheels should, imo, get hub rings for these genesis wheels.
I have researched this a bit, and you dont 'need' hub rings. Most people who put on rims with a larger opening for the hub bore who install and tighten the lugs in the recommended 'star' pattern dont have any issues with vibration.

With that being said, it is recommended that you get hub rings to avoid possible vibrations. I like to be safe, so I would get them, but many people dont.
Old 10-10-11, 11:26 AM
Nuckingfut
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me why he went with 235's on all 4 corners? Wouldn't the 255's fit on the rear wheel without rubbing the fender?
Old 10-10-11, 01:17 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

^^if he ran 235s in the front and 255s in the rear his overall rolling diameter will be way off, by using the same size tires he minimizes the rolling diameter difference which would make it ok for an AWD to run staggered wheels
Old 10-10-11, 02:46 PM
Nuckingfut
Driver

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
^^if he ran 235s in the front and 255s in the rear his overall rolling diameter will be way off, by using the same size tires he minimizes the rolling diameter difference which would make it ok for an AWD to run staggered wheels
I did a bit more searching after I asked that question this morning and indeed you are correct, this would be the set up for AWD.

For me on the other hand with RWD 250, I can safely go 225F/255R without rubbing which is what I am after. Thanks!
Old 01-05-12, 02:23 PM
Javahersaz
Rookie

Hi Guys... I have some questions about the is300...not 1st... im talk about second gen...
im new on lexus and bought my is300 for a month...
I just want to know that is300(gulf edition) has any type of tpms sensors!?
i bought genesis coupe 19" oem rims last week and i want to know that the tpms sensors work on it by a plug and play or bad luck i must have some tpms error on my screen for ever!?
and any one has changed oem rims with aftermarket ones... does it have any problem on lexus !?
Another Question :witch size of tire i must buy for my rims... there is no drop option in my country and if i want to drop my car its so hard to drive it on our poor roads,,, (if i want to drop i must order parts from another country) i dont want to do any fender works,,, is it need any spacer!? and What Kind Of Spacer And Witch Size...!!?
there is no customer service in my country... Means no service and every thing must be DIY...
Thanks For Help Me To Improve Myself...
Old 01-06-12, 02:22 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Javahersaz
Hi Guys... I have some questions about the is300...not 1st... im talk about second gen...
im new on lexus and bought my is300 for a month...
I just want to know that is300(gulf edition) has any type of tpms sensors!?
i bought genesis coupe 19" oem rims last week and i want to know that the tpms sensors work on it by a plug and play or bad luck i must have some tpms error on my screen for ever!?
and any one has changed oem rims with aftermarket ones... does it have any problem on lexus !?
Another Question :witch size of tire i must buy for my rims... there is no drop option in my country and if i want to drop my car its so hard to drive it on our poor roads,,, (if i want to drop i must order parts from another country) i dont want to do any fender works,,, is it need any spacer!? and What Kind Of Spacer And Witch Size...!!?
there is no customer service in my country... Means no service and every thing must be DIY...
Thanks For Help Me To Improve Myself...
Welcome to CL and congrats on your purchase.
1. If you installed your Genesis wheels and are getting a TPMS error, you will need to pull them out of your stock set and have them installed in your Genesis set. They will work with stock TPMS. As far as aftermarket wheels, you would have to check if they are TPMS compatible before you buy.
2. 225/255 tires will be fine
3. you do not need spacers

Hope this helps. Aloha \m/
Old 01-06-12, 03:18 PM
Javahersaz
Rookie

Originally Posted by fknISC808
Welcome to CL and congrats on your purchase.
1. If you installed your Genesis wheels and are getting a TPMS error, you will need to pull them out of your stock set and have them installed in your Genesis set. They will work with stock TPMS. As far as aftermarket wheels, you would have to check if they are TPMS compatible before you buy.
2. 225/255 tires will be fine
3. you do not need spacers

Hope this helps. Aloha \m/
Thanks for your useful help...
some where i heard its caliper maybe have a little smash with front rims....
and another question,,, will tpms system have the spare tire!? means the spare tire has tpms system!? no problem with spare tire... the pressure of all tires will not same together!!!
thanks...
Old 01-06-12, 04:16 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Thanks for your useful help...
some where i heard its caliper maybe have a little smash with front rims....
and another question,,, will tpms system have the spare tire!? means the spare tire has tpms system!? no problem with spare tire... the pressure of all tires will not same together!!!
thanks...

I do not know if your model has the 350 brakes or the 250 brakes. If its the 250 brakes (Smaller) than you will be fine, not sure if the other member in here put it on with the 350 brakes. As far as I know, you only have 4 sensors, none in your spare.
Old 01-06-12, 04:30 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Looks SICK! Just figure out the wheel caps.
Old 01-06-12, 05:20 PM
Javahersaz
Rookie

Originally Posted by fknISC808
I do not know if your model has the 350 brakes or the 250 brakes. If its the 250 brakes (Smaller) than you will be fine, not sure if the other member in here put it on with the 350 brakes. As far as I know, you only have 4 sensors, none in your spare.
Thanks Bro.
I think its the big one and it about 2 or 3 mm space between caliper and rim on front... (have a cover too)
No 5ft sensor!!! happy for that,,, and lot of thanks for your help ...
Added,,,
just use oem genesis coupe rims wheel cap....
use a knife to remove the hyundai layer from the cap( take care your hand) its easier to heat it,,,, then use sand paper to remove the hyundai plastic...
now paint it,,, and take a decals on it... enjoy from your stock cap...
i do it by myself...

Last edited by Javahersaz; 01-06-12 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-06-12, 11:55 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That OEM look is nice. Not sure about downgrading the rims to Hyundai, but i cant argue with results.
Old 01-07-12, 09:54 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really like them...I wanna get some...just need to see whats up with the center caps...why didnt he use them( or was it because they had the hyundai wings or the H on them)...why cant you just take that off...maybe replace it with the lexus L
Old 01-07-12, 12:01 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Thanks Bro.
I think its the big one and it about 2 or 3 mm space between caliper and rim on front... (have a cover too)
No 5ft sensor!!! happy for that,,, and lot of thanks for your help ...
Added,,,
just use oem genesis coupe rims wheel cap....
use a knife to remove the hyundai layer from the cap( take care your hand) its easier to heat it,,,, then use sand paper to remove the hyundai plastic...
now paint it,,, and take a decals on it... enjoy from your stock cap...
i do it by myself...

Right on! Good to hear. Start up a thread when your done

Originally Posted by rselby
I really like them...I wanna get some...just need to see whats up with the center caps...why didnt he use them( or was it because they had the hyundai wings or the H on them)...why cant you just take that off...maybe replace it with the lexus L
there is another thread SPNinja started too and someone was asking the same question. From what I can recall, Lexus ES center caps fits nicely.

Last edited by fknISC808; 01-07-12 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-07-12, 01:15 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^^^ thanks,just what I needed to know !
Old 01-09-12, 08:25 PM
Javahersaz
Rookie

So this is what i done...
i used Hyundai Center Cap
i removed the hyundai layer with a screwdriver...(you can use a knife instead)
take care don't brake it with high pressure of your hand...
you can warm it to remove the tape easier
now use your fingers to remove the tape...
after removing the Hyundai layer you must use rubber to remove H shape from the center cap...
don't let the rubber go to basic layer....
after that use a sand paper to get it smooth
now use a softer sand paper to get it more and more smooth...
(take care of edge)
now use a spray color to paint it if you want a decals on it
after paint let color to dry... now use your decals on it...
if you want to use your L logo you can buy it from a shop and use tape to take on it....
Enjoy it...

Last edited by Javahersaz; 02-03-12 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: My new oem look