IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 IS250 lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-10, 07:36 PM
Synetix250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flektone
yeah thats what i was just reseaching. Ill try either PIAA'a or the Sylvania Ultra's. Do you happen to know the guy who installed the PIAA's? Id like to see a pic if possible
no, sorry i don't remember his name. but if you type in piaa extreme white or piaa super white (something like that) and do a little thread searching, you should find it. that's how i did..
Old 08-06-10, 05:05 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

We have had very positive feedback from our customers that have installed the Putco Mirror White bulbs. The bulbs have a unique chrome finish to them as opposed to a blue one like other super white bulbs. I personally do not like blue coated bulbs as you can see the blue coating reflect in the vehicle's housing (which I think looks cheap). For $25.99 you cannot go wrong with these bulbs. They also use the same wattage as your stock bulbs to ensure no damage is caused to the vehicle.

At the end of the day though you do have to realize that any halogen bulb you install in your fog lights will not mimic your low beam HIDs. There will always be a color and light difference between the two.

Have you considered going yellow at all? Many members on this board install our Putco Jet Yellow bulbs in their fogs. Yellow fogs will be the best from a functional standpoint.
Old 08-06-10, 06:18 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
We have had very positive feedback from our customers that have installed the Putco Mirror White bulbs. The bulbs have a unique chrome finish to them as opposed to a blue one like other super white bulbs. I personally do not like blue coated bulbs as you can see the blue coating reflect in the vehicle's housing (which I think looks cheap). For $25.99 you cannot go wrong with these bulbs. They also use the same wattage as your stock bulbs to ensure no damage is caused to the vehicle.

At the end of the day though you do have to realize that any halogen bulb you install in your fog lights will not mimic your low beam HIDs. There will always be a color and light difference between the two.

Have you considered going yellow at all? Many members on this board install our Putco Jet Yellow bulbs in their fogs. Yellow fogs will be the best from a functional standpoint.
I will consider these. It just seems to me any of these no name aftermarket bulbs dont really last long. I hear sylvania silverstars have the same problem. I had PIAA's in my old VW and they seem to last the longest. But still even they would last only a year or little more.
Old 08-06-10, 08:37 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Putco isn't exactly no name :-)

With PIAA, you end up paying a fortune for a name. I personally have not had the greatest experience with either sylvania or Piaa bulbs. It is hit or miss. I can tell you that we have had very few issues with the hundreds of Putco halogen bulbs that we have sold and when a problem did arise Putco was very quick in getting the customers a replacement.

Steve
Old 08-06-10, 09:02 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Putco isn't exactly no name :-)

With PIAA, you end up paying a fortune for a name. I personally have not had the greatest experience with either sylvania or Piaa bulbs. It is hit or miss. I can tell you that we have had very few issues with the hundreds of Putco halogen bulbs that we have sold and when a problem did arise Putco was very quick in getting the customers a replacement.

Steve
what is the warrenty on these blubs? Also if one were to burn out down the road do you sell single replacement bulbs or will have have to buy a set?
Old 08-06-10, 11:05 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,
The halogens come with a one year warranty. They do not sell individual bulbs however for $25.99 you may as well get a set and have a spare.

Steve
Old 08-09-10, 03:59 PM
Synetix250
Driver

Originally Posted by flektone
yeah thats what i was just reseaching. Ill try either PIAA'a or the Sylvania Ultra's. Do you happen to know the guy who installed the PIAA's? Id like to see a pic if possible

try the link below, it was slick i think..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-lights-2.html
Old 08-13-10, 07:29 AM
CTlex7
Rookie

Originally Posted by jlee403
Hey, I just recently bought a 2007 IS250, my first lexus, and I'm loving almost all of it. When I turn on my headlights, not only do my outer HID lights come on, but my inner halogen lights also come on. I really dislike the contrast between the yellow and white lighting within my headlights. Is there any way to turn off the halogen headlights from inside the car, or do I have to manually take out the halogen headlight/replace it with HID.

Also, I'd really like to change my halogen foglights to HID lights. anyone have any suggestions on what lights to buy?

completely new subject here, but what would get my is250 sounding better if i had to choose between the two? An F-Sport intake, or F-Sport exhaust?
You can also just have the DRLs turned off by your dealer. It takes them about 5 minutes to do it and it should be free.

I would go with the F-Sport exhaust as the F-Sport intake doesn't generate a great sound until you really jump on it.