IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Product: VAIS Tech SL2iC

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-10, 02:38 PM
pepos
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So where can we order the ML Plus unit?
Will ML plus work with navi/ML system 5th generation system?
Old 11-15-10, 05:24 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm looking forward to this....I would love to join the group buy!
Old 11-16-10, 07:21 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

How does this product work when using Pandora on the Iphone? Similar to the iPod interface on the Nav screen? (sorry if it was answered previously in here, I read most of the 7 pages though )
Old 11-18-10, 12:43 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So by installing this product on a navigation/ML IS350, does that mean we can no longer use the 6 disc DVD changer?
Old 11-18-10, 01:54 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by brociouz
So by installing this product on a navigation/ML IS350, does that mean we can no longer use the 6 disc DVD changer?
All factory equipment will function the same way it does right now.
Old 11-18-10, 02:20 PM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get mine tomm, i cant wait to see this puppy work..
Old 11-18-10, 03:04 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VaisTech
All factory equipment will function the same way it does right now.
Okay, three final questions before I pull the trigger:

1. Is there ANY feature that ISN'T unlocked by this device? We know it unlocks Bluetooth and Navigation destination entry, does it also allow the viewing of DVD movies while in motion for those with Nav+ML?

2. When the navigation entry while in motion option is enabled, does it throw off/disable the GPS tracking like it does with the Prestigious Society override module?

3. Will customers receive free firmware updates? And if so, how do we go about updating our modules?

Thanks!

Last edited by brociouz; 11-18-10 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-19-10, 10:45 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

1. Is there ANY feature that ISN'T unlocked by this device? We know it unlocks Bluetooth and Navigation destination entry, does it also allow the viewing of DVD movies while in motion for those with Nav+ML?

2. When the navigation entry while in motion option is enabled, does it throw off/disable the GPS tracking like it does with the Prestigious Society override module?

3. Will customers receive free firmware updates? And if so, how do we go about updating our modules?

Thanks!
+1 on those questions. :-)
Old 11-19-10, 11:26 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

+2 On the above.
Old 11-19-10, 03:58 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Thanks!
1. SL2iC will unlock all the features to be available while the car is in motion. Not available for RX, GX and LX models, where it unlocks all of the above except for navigation entries while in motion.

2. Yes it does.

3. Firmware updates are free for SL2iC. Updates are done through update adapter or by sending the unit back in. With ML Plus unit updates are done via USB port, while updates will be available on our ftp site. Please keep in mind ML Plus extra features updates will cost some money.
Old 11-19-10, 04:11 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

^ Okay, so for the destination entry while in motion you would first disable it using the on screen menu, input the destination, and then turn the override back off so that the GPS tracks correctly?
Old 11-19-10, 04:14 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VaisTech
1. SL2iC will unlock all the features to be available while the car is in motion. Not available for RX, GX and LX models, where it unlocks all of the above except for navigation entries while in motion.

2. Yes it does.

3. Firmware updates are free for SL2iC. Updates are done through update adapter or by sending the unit back in. With ML Plus unit updates are done via USB port, while updates will be available on our ftp site. Please keep in mind ML Plus extra features updates will cost some money.
Could you elaborate a little about the car in motion functionality. For example,

1. Is it all or nothing for the car in motion functionality? For example, if I want to allow video in motion does that automatically disable the GPS making the NAV useless? Or can you enable (and disable) each function separately? (i.e. allow video in motion, but not disable the GPS or vice versa).

2. In reference to item #2 (allowing destination input which temporarily disables GPS functionality), can you re-enable the NAV lock (on the fly) after you input the destination, so you can get accurate nav directions?

Thanks for your time,
Old 11-20-10, 11:17 AM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys, just got mine installed this AM and am now toying with it, So far so good. Very easy to navigate. But i cant for the life of me get it to play the videos that I have on my Iphone that i have recorded....
Old 11-20-10, 12:00 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

^ Awesome! Anything you weren't expecting? Can you comment on the destination entry while in motion feature? Do you have to enable it, type in the destination, then disable so that the GPS tracks correctly?
Old 11-20-10, 08:28 PM
edwa
Rookie

sounds really good, I hope the group buy is soon

Quick Reply: New Product: VAIS Tech SL2iC