IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Crashed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-10, 09:19 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my wheels are covered.... I dont remember if the Lexus HKS is... So..... Lexus HKS might be on the FS section soon..
Old 08-08-10, 10:44 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Man, major bummer. Glad you're okay though.
Old 08-08-10, 10:56 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

I love how people talk about things like they know what theyre talking about. By law, insurance companies MUST cover a car no matter whose driving it, on the policy or not. It's not "tricky" it's fact. The only way they can TRY and give you a hard time, is if you sucker yourself into signing a form releasing them from coverage if a specific person drives the car. But that still wouldn't hold up in court IF it got that far which it wouldn't. Insurance companies spread all kinds of rumors with tricky wording to make people think they wont cover them if someone not on the policy is driving the car. It's complete BS. I had a suspended license and rear ended someone driving a car on someone elses policy under the same roof as me. They covered it no problem and when they asked to add me to the policy, my girl told them NO and they nothing changed.

They have to cover the car no matter who is driving whether they be a theif, drunk, unlicensed, or even a child. They cant tell you they wont cover certain people. This is FACT, not an opinion.
Old 08-09-10, 01:46 PM
mxis350
Lead Lap

Well thats not what they are telling me.....

Here is the deal.

2 months ago my dad took over the car from me cuz he wanted it. I said sure why not.. 1 month ago I went with him to find insurance in ABQ NM. I was just there to translate thats it.

Well in the middle of it all the sales guy starts asking me for my info and i think he took a copy of my license and made my dad fill this one paper out... I was like hold up whats that for.. The sales guy said Its to exclude you from the insurance sense ur in the same house hold (my license has a exact same address as my dad exept a diffrent lot number on a traler park).. We stoped him and said No NO theres no reason for that. I dont live with him and I will not be using the car... The sales person said something along the lines of OHH ok ill just put that aside then..

Well I got a call from insurance agent. The moment we told them I had been driving that night they were like... Well we wont cover anything because your dad signed a form to exclude you... I was like WTF!! That was yesturday... We went to the guy who sold it to us and he was rude and told us I will fax the info to the claim person... THATS IT!! He would not admit he did a mistake!!

I talked to insurance today again and retold them it was all a mistake.. they go me and my dad with the same story on recording.. Now i have to wait 3 days to what looks like a complete waist time... it does not look like they beleave us that the exemtion paper should NOT have been filed..

BLANK!!! Its a lease so I also contacted lexus for the GAP incurance in hopes that they would pick up the bill but it looks like no good... they might pay some but no wear near the 26k... Or actually I only had 6k to fufill the lease... anyone know who this works will i have to pay for the full car or is there something in the lease aggreements to were i only have to pay for the lease contract....

should I be looking into an atturney..
Old 08-09-10, 03:39 PM
Wish
Pole Position

Good that you are fine.

I spent 3month with insurace company just to get my covered amount back!
Wish u luck