IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Them dang whippersnappers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-10, 07:50 PM
Proper 350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry,^There are alot of older IS owners around here but i just dont think their is alot on here because they dont mess with forums...
Old 08-09-10, 07:57 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Proper 350
Sorry,^There are alot of older IS owners around here but i just dont think their is alot on here because they dont mess with forums...
LOL @ this thread and the responses so far. FWIW, I'm part of the 30+ crowd. And if you think people older than 30 don't mess with forums, you haven't been on the Internet enough.
Old 08-09-10, 07:58 PM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys let's not make this a replay of the 'how old are you' thread or we might as well merge it with that one... the OP asked how many over 30 y.o. 2IS owners there are.

There was no 'hate' in any part of this thread until you brought it up. She asked a simple demographic question without any malice towards the younger owners or you in particular... don't take this thread downhill.

Let's keep this on topic please
Thank you Dave. I did not mean any harm in this thread.

But to answer his question, the point of this thread is that I realized that I'm probably one of the fewer older people on this thread, there is no hate against the younger crowd, seriously. Matter of fact, I envy that you all are able to have these cars at such a young age. That means you are really doing okay!

And to be honest, I grew up underprivileged so to be able to finally get a car like this is a big deal to me. It's a dream that I never thought would EVER become real.
Old 08-09-10, 07:58 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i see another IS its usually a pretty even mix of older and younger people.
Old 08-09-10, 07:59 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
But you are under 30, right? RIGHT?? Uh huh. Thought so. Hmmph. *scoots you back to younger thread*

Haha well to answer your question, I still live with my parents because I have no reason not to. I don't have my own family, and my gf just got into college so there is no incentive for me to have my own place.

I am working on some nice gigs and I can humbly say I am doing pretty okay After all.... when you don't have to pay for food, living, your income for car and mods gets bigger. I am even looking forward to getting a weekend car, but I am not sure if my family will kick me out after seeing where my money goes.

Plus, I can say I am lucky my parents are college educated, and I am from a middle class family so my starting point both before and after college, are better than a lot of less fortunate folks.
Old 08-09-10, 08:17 PM
Synetix250
Driver

Originally Posted by soupdawg
when i see another IS its usually a pretty even mix of older and younger people.
i agree +1
Old 08-09-10, 08:35 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

hey Micaiah. i feel you about the younger crowds n having the same car. i'm going to be 30 next year, so im right there with the older crowds.
Old 08-09-10, 08:37 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Being a Service Advisor, I see the majority of older owners at the service dept., and the majority of younger owners on the forums.
Old 08-09-10, 08:49 PM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by funnie
hey Micaiah. i feel you about the younger crowds n having the same car. i'm going to be 30 next year, so im right there with the older crowds.
Oh THANK YOU! I think that makes a couple of us so far!
Old 08-09-10, 08:58 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow some people got all defensive in the earlier posts. If you're in the 30's, it's about time you graduated and join the GS/LS section. Haha kidding.

I'm 25 and I saved up for 2 years to put a large down payment to get my 350. Ahhh hardest 2 years of my life. Worked full time and part time at school while I finished my Bachelor's. So ya, I pat myself in the back, couldn't care less how anyone else got their ride. 'Cuz it don't matta!
Old 08-09-10, 09:01 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

The majority of driver I see on the streets are 30+ here in socal (LA, SGV, OC, and SD) . I say about 80%

It's only the young whipper snapper that comes to car forum to mod and show off their car.

Also the majority of IS250/350 drivers are girls from what I notice as oppose to all the guys on this forum. Two of my ex drive IS250 - White

Last edited by Initial_K; 08-09-10 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-09-10, 09:04 PM
prankster
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Micaiah, 30+ is not old. 30-40 is a age range where people get matured and their career are skyrocketing. Saying that 30 is old makes me feel so old even though I'm just 26. But a lot of my friend called me "old man" cause I always play it safe.

Anyway, I was surprised when I joined this forum. I bought a used IS250 until I got a job.
Old 08-09-10, 09:07 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrIS250
i'm 21 :P

i feel like this car definitely has an age group. 20-30 maybe who like to still mod their cars but also have that luxury factor. if you're over 40, and driving an IS, its time for an ES lol
lol the 2010 es isnt that bad. i have one right now for a loaner and the seats are much more comfortable than my is350 07 perf leather seats. but i would go straight into a gs after my is.

old pplz waste money on houses not cars. btw.
Old 08-09-10, 09:08 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Micaiah, I'm 35 and have a birthday in a couple of months. I've modded cars for years. Honda/acura only. This is my first Lexus/Toyota. I'll see you at EOS. Come by and say hello to a fellow 30+ guy.
Old 08-09-10, 09:13 PM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by prankster
Micaiah, 30+ is not old. 30-40 is a age range where people get matured and their career are skyrocketing. Saying that 30 is old makes me feel so old even though I'm just 26. But a lot of my friend called me "old man" cause I always play it safe.

Anyway, I was surprised when I joined this forum. I bought a used IS250 until I got a job.
Good point. Very good point. I guess it just took me longer than the average Joe. It's good to see young people working hard and getting something (a reward) that makes them happy. That shows a lot about who they are.

In regards to women and white cars, I wanted a white one so bad! But the white one I had my eye on was ...'tainted'. A dog got to it. Torn but repaired leather, scratched up interior, damage to the door handle (I later figured it was chew marks) and PEEYEW!! That car smelled pretty funky. Blech! Found dog hairs in the little leather yeehaw thingy that is velcro in the back seat!

BTW you know you all had me running over the the ES forum right? Came right back here.

Quick Reply: Them dang whippersnappers...