IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Them dang whippersnappers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-10, 09:23 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Good point. Very good point. I guess it just took me longer than the average Joe. It's good to see young people working hard and getting something (a reward) that makes them happy. That shows a lot about who they are.

In regards to women and white cars, I wanted a white one so bad! But the white one I had my eye on was ...'tainted'. A dog got to it. Torn but repaired leather, scratched up interior, damage to the door handle (I later figured it was chew marks) and PEEYEW!! That car smelled pretty funky. Blech! Found dog hairs in the little leather yeehaw thingy that is velcro in the back seat!

BTW you know you all had me running over the the ES forum right? Came right back here.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...rotection.html
Old 08-09-10, 10:57 PM
yahn0etran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mIStaboi
there's a lot of spoiled kids. that's life. lol have you seen sweet 16? the whole good grades deal is BS....
Sweet 16 is pretty much scripted, I'm pretty sure everyone on here that are youngins worked somehow for their ride. For example me, I just turned 18 had my car for about 1 year, I'm a girl so my parents wanted my car to have good handling and of course safe to drive in and Lexus was very reliable too I'm not even close to being spoiled, I worked hard for it. I was an honor roll student graduated top 10% so grades was not BS. Just an FYI
Old 08-09-10, 11:33 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just turned 20 and I thought I was one of the youngest people here ...

Guess there a lot more young whipersnappers than I thought haha..
Old 08-09-10, 11:46 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya man we aint the super young ones anymore. although mine is being sold being 20 to me im not downgrading with my next car one bit.

OP 30-40 aint old what so ever. hell my sister is 7 years older than me and her husband is 31 so you aint old until you think you are.
Old 08-09-10, 11:48 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm 37 and this is the nicest car I've owned. Took me many cars to get there and a long steady job of long hours and hard work. Being a car nut is what makes me spend more on my cars than I really should. At this stage in life though, the idea of owning a condo instead of renting an apartment has my interest more than my car does. Things shift the older you get. I dream of the day where I park in my own private garage, with running water, so I can clean and detail her in the middle of the night if I please.
Old 08-10-10, 12:23 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Here's a business week article on "how much can you afford" based on various income levels. For the $100,000 income level, Lexus IS is the specific vehicle mentioned -

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09...u_afford/5.htm
Old 08-10-10, 01:39 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

I was 28 when I got my Lexus. Never thought I'd be able to afford it but here I am driving it with a couple of mods.

But I won't be a part of this crowd until next August when I turn 31.
Old 08-10-10, 06:07 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

wishing i could say something a tad off topic to some people... but i'll be nice, and contribute by saying 30 isnt old or too old for an IS, the majority of people who post a lottt in this forum are younger, is all. Younger = more free time = more internet play time :P haha
Old 08-10-10, 07:06 AM
inetguy
Driver School Candidate

I am a 37 year old white collar professional. I could have purchased a full size sedan like an LS or GS, but one of the main reasons I purchased the IS was because it had the perception of a much younger driver.

Originally Posted by heyarms
the majority of people who post a lottt in this forum are younger, is all. Younger = more free time = more internet play time :P haha
Exactly right! When I was in my 20's, I owned a couple Corvette's. I spent loads of time on the Corvette Forums. These days, I don't have near as much free time to spend on forums as I used to.
Old 08-10-10, 07:28 AM
Bodz123
Rookie

30 here. Got my IS when I was 28. To me it frustrating to see 18 year olds with the same car but honestly its more of a jealousy thing. I had my first son when I was 19 and had 3 by 24! although I do make a 6 figure income I worked my *** off to get where I am (like most people). My wife doesnt work so I have to support 4 people other then myself, plus a morgage! I hope all you "kids" out there driving these awesome cars are as appreciative as I am because you are probably 1% of all drivers driving 40K cars. What would be cool is if someone took the time to figure how many IS's have been sold over the years then figure how many members there are on this forum. That would give a great perspective on how little Lexus owners actually surf internet forums.
Old 08-10-10, 08:10 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm 34 Still trying to figure out where the time is going
Old 08-10-10, 09:42 AM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

I am not 30. What does knowlegde of a car have to do with age?
Old 08-10-10, 10:01 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am waaaaaaayyyyyy over 30.

Regardless, the tons of IS250/IS350 information here is hard to get elsewhere.
Old 08-10-10, 10:17 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Who the heck here is over 30?? I'm wondering if I'm just too old to be in this crowd.

Please don't make me go search all the posts in that thread....
I'm over 30 (and under 40); No, I don't consider myself old. Yes, this is the nicest car I've owned. No, I don't have any intention on moving to an ES, GS, etc.

I feel this car is the perfect combination of "sporty, yet still entry level luxury". If/When I purchase a new car (which will probably be at least another 3-5 years), it will probably be another IS350 and/or an IS-f. I don't anticipate spending more than that on a vehicle as I'm probably close to my salary peak as a geek ... and that's all I can afford ;-)
Old 08-10-10, 10:24 AM
Urbanator
Driver School Candidate

I'm 33 and although I see quite a few IS's around Austin, most people have tint, so I don't know what the average age is. I think the car is perfect for someone in my age range with no family/kids. If I had a car seat, I probably would have gone with the GS. I still had to get it used though, I do alright, but I had a career change and I'm going to school (started late).

Quick Reply: Them dang whippersnappers...