IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Yesterday was a good day....until....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-10, 11:07 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

getting damage to your car is just one of those things that happens to everyone... the hardest part of this is that fknisc808 has rollin tomorrow for SPOCOM Hawaii car show, his first real (competitive type) car show... those of you who have done a 'national' show, remember that first one you did? the excitement/cant sleep even thou you spent the whole day detailing your car/the wild thoughts of maybe winning 'best of show' ...

i myself cant even begin to imagine the rollercoaster of emotions he must be going thru, yes there will always be other shows but everything he's been doing has been geared toward this event... cars get damaged and fixed all the time but national car shows only happen once/twice a yr for us...

this is just another another layer of BS piled onto the BS of what happened...
Old 08-26-10, 02:56 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

OMG......sorry to see that....

But you really drive it until the wheels fall off.....

Last edited by kickin8; 08-26-10 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-26-10, 03:30 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is CRAZY! Glad you're okay. It definately could have been much worse. It sux what condition your car is in, but good news to hear that they are fixing her up
Old 08-26-10, 03:35 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REV-01
sorry to hear this again...lucky i have an extra set of wheels in cali side. next time just have Revision work on the car and no one else.
yes boss, no one else from here on out.

Thank you everyone for the support. I have gotten over it already and crack jokes about how i seen my wheel bouncing past me like in a karaoke song on TV, then some motorcycle dude following my wheel not knowing what to do. I just trip that I went through something like that.

I must say though, you can still drive with only three wheels, before it happened i would think someone would spin out if that happened... Ill tell you from experience, you wont lose control. lol BE SAFE EVERYONE!
Old 08-26-10, 11:53 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at least you're ok. i'm gonna check my lugs tomorrow just from paranoia.
Old 08-27-10, 11:02 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bro sorry to hear. its good youre safe though, it could've been worst. get the sexy beast running again!
Old 08-27-10, 11:07 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

wow very scary stuff. glad they are paying for it. same thing happened to my girl when she had her explorer.
Old 08-27-10, 11:36 AM
m3nv
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Crazy, hope theyre going to cover the cost of repairs...
Old 08-27-10, 04:31 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear that you were okay. Definitely something everyone should check after having work done. I once brought my car into the dealership for some work and a day later, I noticed that a couple of lug nuts were missing, so I brought the car back. They told me that they'll replace the lug nuts as a courtesy, but to be careful as I was missing lug nuts because someone was probably trying to steal my stock wheels!!! Funny how this happened right after the car was serviced. It's good that the shop admitted their mistake and is covering all expenses to make the car right!
Old 08-29-10, 02:29 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Hope your car is back in great shape by now man.

Just wanted to share, too... I heard a clicking noise in the rear when decelerating, went to check and I was missing a lug nut... Guess someone tried to jack my wheels! I suggest everyone goes and checks there wheels asap! Ya never know!!
Old 08-29-10, 11:26 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I check my vehicle every single day down to the top nuts haha. I had firestone change my wheels out in boston and the manager happened to have my car, gave me a great deal and oversaw the work. I even asked if I could watch and he was fine with it. The techs chatted with me and I watched them torque the wheels myself. I even took my own wrench and retorqued them afterwards just to be sure (but clearly they've been torqued over 80lbs now). I go nuts over these things. I always follow specs when available so when I torque my wheels, I always do about 1-2lbs over the spec. No more, no less.
Old 08-30-10, 01:05 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

i torque to 76, then i DOUBLE check... 5 torque, 5 check = 10 per wheel but~ Rev-01, pizza jon, lance or humphs i trust and having a shop you can trust is golden
Old 08-30-10, 12:49 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for the concerns, Im glad to hear that some of you are already checking your rides out. Lets keep OUR lexus' safe!

On another note, tomorrow will be one week since this tragedy, i miss my car and want to drive her again. My GF's beat up sentra is killing me! i need to replace her shocks.
Old 09-07-10, 06:17 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

UPDATE: My car has returned home after a long 9 days. I guess Lexus has alot of parts on back order so thats why it took so long. Everything has been bought brand new and replaced. I will compile a detailed list of everything that needed to be fixed in case someone else finds themselves in an unlucky situation like me. I am still waiting for a new rear fender liner, its back ordered to arrive this friday.

I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY CAR BACK!
Old 09-07-10, 07:32 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fknISC808
My GF's beat up sentra is killing me! i need to replace her shocks.
bet you my gf's beat up accord is more beat up than your gf's sentra

Quick Reply: Yesterday was a good day....until....