IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question about a new 2011 Lexus IS350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-10, 05:50 AM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eugenew36
another thing for me to consider is that if I buy from the Canton Ohio dealership they will come down and pick up my car for me when it needs serviced or any warranty work done. Same applies for the Cleveland Ohio dealership. Beings I live in such a rural area both those dealerships are an hour to an hour and a half away, and they are the closest.

If I find a good deal online from a private seller or other dealership out of state I lose that benefit which is important if you ask me. Too bad they have no 350 inventory. Here is a spiffy looking 2009...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NAVIG...ht_26272wt_846

So they'll send one of the lot guys to beat your car up for 60-90 mins each way? I'd pass on that
Old 09-09-10, 09:18 AM
eugenew36
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
So they'll send one of the lot guys to beat your car up for 60-90 mins each way? I'd pass on that
yep, I actually did think of that. They say they do it all the time and their customers love it. I actually just called this dealership regarding this vehicle. All the miles are highway....

http://www.ocalaimports.com/inventor...-29719705.htm#

How is the price on that? I'm tempted beings this is a BMW dealership to offer up my 2006 BMW Z4///M Roadster with only 8,500 miles on it fully loaded as trade. Their asking price for the Lexus is almost exactly what I paid a little over a year ago for the Z4///M and I've only put 3,000 miles on it in the year plus I've had it.
Old 09-09-10, 11:27 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yep, I actually did think of that. They say they do it all the time and their customers love it. I actually just called this dealership regarding this vehicle. All the miles are highway....

How is the price on that? I'm tempted beings this is a BMW dealership to offer up my 2006 BMW Z4///M Roadster with only 8,500 miles on it fully loaded as trade. Their asking price for the Lexus is almost exactly what I paid a little over a year ago for the Z4///M and I've only put 3,000 miles on it in the year plus I've had it.
At a glance that looks like Premium Package, Nav, 18s, and rear spoiler... may or may not have HIDs, can't tell from pics, but I'll assume not.

So sticker, new, was 42k... invoice was $37,693... so they're taking about $3500 off invoice for it having 12.6k miles and being nearly a year old
Old 09-09-10, 12:01 PM
eugenew36
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
At a glance that looks like Premium Package, Nav, 18s, and rear spoiler... may or may not have HIDs, can't tell from pics, but I'll assume not.

So sticker, new, was 42k... invoice was $37,693... so they're taking about $3500 off invoice for it having 12.6k miles and being nearly a year old
Kurtz, what do you think I could get this particular car for? It's at a BMW dealership which I think helps my case. They sell BMW's, not Lexus'. Not sure what they will give me for my 06 M Roadster but I think I could get this 2010 for less than what they are asking.
Old 09-09-10, 01:27 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Kurtz, what do you think I could get this particular car for? It's at a BMW dealership which I think helps my case. They sell BMW's, not Lexus'. Not sure what they will give me for my 06 M Roadster but I think I could get this 2010 for less than what they are asking.
Tough to say honestly... NADA and KBB don't even have 2010 IS pricing listed for used yet... I do know I've heard of folks getting leftover previous year -new- ISes in the fall for 3k or so off invoice...but that's if you find one still sitting around that late and it's a color/option combo you're ok with... I think if they're starting at just over 34k though I'd look to offer 31 and expect to settle around 32-32.5... if it did actually have HIDs then I'd come up to 33k.

All this assumes it's a color and option combo you like though... if it's not then I'd look at the invoice on a new 2011 model 350 RWD (edmunds.com should help you there) with the options you DO want, and judge from there if the "savings" on a used one is worth it to you.

(it wasn't when I looked into buying mine, which is why I have a new one, but there's twice as many years of used IS350s around now as there were then)
Old 09-11-10, 04:04 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 294 Likes on 232 Posts

I wanted to start a new thread because of the IS350 AWD. I couldn't believe my eyes, I thought it was a typo on the Lexus website. Guess not...
Old 09-14-10, 05:43 AM
eugenew36
Driver School Candidate

another one I am highly interested in...

http://www.lexusofalexandria.com/?ht...195&Type=U&F=1

It's the 2010 Smoky Granite Micca with 1633 miles. Has Nav and Premium, rear spoiler and the package with memory seats.

They are asking $39,880 but I'm wondering if I can get it for around $35,000. What are the chances of them coming down that much?

Last edited by eugenew36; 09-14-10 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-14-10, 07:24 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I feel a little dissapointed with the IS350 AWD, Lexus did the same thing they did with the GS350 AWD.

Limit to only one 18" wheel option, so sport package, not F-Sport Package = no f-sport seats.
Old 09-14-10, 07:44 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

another one I am highly interested in...

http://www.lexusofalexandria.com/?ht...195&Type=U&F=1

It's the 2010 Smoky Granite Micca with 1633 miles. Has Nav and Premium, rear spoiler and the package with memory seats.

They are asking $39,880 but I'm wondering if I can get it for around $35,000. What are the chances of them coming down that much?
If it has memory seats then it doesn't have the premium package

Memory seats and woodgrain is the Luxury package

At a glance car looks like Luxury package, Nav (without ML), and rear spoiler.

Brand new that car was about $44,000 MSRP and about $39,700 invoice.

So they're asking roughly new invoice price for a previous-year used car (granted, a barely used one)

If it's color/options you like then yeah 35k is a good offer, and 36k is probably "fair" since if this was brand new, but still leftover, by late fall that would be about what it'd sell for anyway.

I would find out what the in-service date was on the car, since you might be losing as much as a full year of warranty with the purchase, and that should certainly figure into the price of the car.
Old 09-14-10, 09:43 AM
eugenew36
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
If it has memory seats then it doesn't have the premium package

Memory seats and woodgrain is the Luxury package

At a glance car looks like Luxury package, Nav (without ML), and rear spoiler.

Brand new that car was about $44,000 MSRP and about $39,700 invoice.

So they're asking roughly new invoice price for a previous-year used car (granted, a barely used one)

If it's color/options you like then yeah 35k is a good offer, and 36k is probably "fair" since if this was brand new, but still leftover, by late fall that would be about what it'd sell for anyway.

I would find out what the in-service date was on the car, since you might be losing as much as a full year of warranty with the purchase, and that should certainly figure into the price of the car.
thanks for the advice Kurtz, you truly have been a huge help thus far! The dealership just sent me the details on the car, it has these options:

LT, NV, LR, Z1

Luxury Plus with 18" wheels
Navigation System
Rear Lip Spoiler
Preferred Accessory Package

Total was $44,344

In service date was 4-30-10 so not even a half year old. I LOVE the color but not a huge fan of the interior color although I could live with it. Is there a big difference between the Luxury and Premium package? I'm giving serious thought to throwing them an offer for $35,000
Old 09-14-10, 10:16 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

thanks for the advice Kurtz, you truly have been a huge help thus far! The dealership just sent me the details on the car, it has these options:

LT, NV, LR, Z1

Luxury Plus with 18" wheels
Navigation System
Rear Lip Spoiler
Preferred Accessory Package

Total was $44,344
Sweet, I got everything right except the preferred accessory package (which is the trunk mat, trunk cargo net and wheel locks)

In service date was 4-30-10 so not even a half year old. I LOVE the color but not a huge fan of the interior color although I could live with it. Is there a big difference between the Luxury and Premium package? I'm giving serious thought to throwing them an offer for $35,000

Yeah, you're only losing about 5 months warranty compared to "new" so not terrible... I'd go for 35k and see what they say, making a point of the fact it's a "leftover" with '11s hitting dealers this month and that being used you're losing the half year warranty

The premium package is nothing but woodgrain and vented seats... the Luxury package includes both of those and over half a dozen more "luxury feature" type items (HIDs, rain sensing wipers, memory seats, auto-dim side mirrors, power rear sunshade, illuminated door sills, power tilt/telescope steering)... Lux package is available with and without 18s but I've never actually seen one that didn't have the 18s
Old 09-15-10, 04:07 PM
eugenew36
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=eugenew36;5776013]yep, I actually did think of that. They say they do it all the time and their customers love it. I actually just called this dealership regarding this vehicle. All the miles are highway....

well, the dealership above refuses to budge on there special internet price, they said they cannot go any lower. If I want to trade my BMW Z4 M Roadster in on it they are willing to give me $27,000 for it in trade. But, with only 8,500 miles and in showroom condition I'm not sure I want to give up that little hot rod just yet.

Is it odd that a dealership will not budge on a listed price AT ALL? Seems weird to me that they put absolutely no wiggle room at all. I'm probably going to walk away from this one. Comments?
Old 09-15-10, 06:35 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah... if they won't budge at all walk away... they'll either suddenly change their mind or they think a lot of the car and you can always wait for a better deal.

Check back with em in a month and if it's still sitting on their lot they might be more open to negotiating.
Old 10-09-10, 08:05 PM
shocker88
Driver School Candidate

Default I also was looking at the car in VA but no go

It is up to you, but I wouldn't limit myself to dealers close by. As if you buy a new lexus of a CPO no matter what dealer they should honor the normal dealer perks for owning a lexus.

I ran into your exact situation. I started looking at used IS350's but couldn't find any with the right options and color combo's within 500 miles of my location in NC.

I even had Carmax transfer one in from FL a 2008 smoky granite with silver interior it had all the options I wanted and the color combo I could live with (not my first choice though).

Long story short the car had 14k miles but looked like it had 80k miles. Both bumper covers needed to be replaced. so i didn't purchase it.

After getting mad I just decided to order a new 2011 IS350. Since around here the only cars that have the luxury package is the IS250. Which didn't have much more power then my 2007 Honda Civic Si had. I test drove a IS250 AWD and it was much slower then my civic.

I tried many dealers and got the same story you are getting about the AWD your looking at. That I would need to pay retail (MSRP) if I ordered a Matador Red/ black interior IS350 with NV, LT, LR, PA, HW.

After telling off a couple of sales people and 2 managers at local dealerships. I found a dealer ship that was much better and about 1-1.5hrs away. That aren't a much of *** holes as the others.

I ordered a 2011 IS350 for $1250 over invoice (edmunds). The MSRP on my car was something like $45,600.00 I got it for $42,089 I did delete the HW (headlight washer option), but added the rear bumper aplique and the paint protection film options. Johnson Lexus in Durham, NC (not Raliegh). They also agreed to give me the F-sport items I wanted at cost (Exhaust and Intake, alum. pedals). The current lexus coupon almost covered the labor charges also for these options.

Shop around there are actually some Lexus dealerships that aren't major rip off artist. I wouldn't give anything over invoice for a 2010 either. Which is why I ordered my 2011 for the same price as 3 other dealers tried to sell me 2010's for (with out the PA option or paint protection film).

I'm just waiting for my ride to get here State side it was ordered Friday 10-1-10 hoping to have it in 90days.
Old 10-10-10, 07:44 AM
JoesIS250
Driver

I am also interested in the new IS 350 AWD but quite honestly I really don't like the 17" and am clueless why Lexus would allow the 350 with these ?? They're not attractive at all and right now may be a deal breaker !

For those wanting to see these 10 spokes 17's check Youtube and search IS 350 AWD there's a few clips of these that shows the wheels well.

Quick Reply: Question about a new 2011 Lexus IS350 AWD