IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Getting New Rims, and Really Need Some Advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-10, 01:09 PM
danhtran
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting New Rims, and Really Need Some Advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi CL
I'm looking to get some new rims i search on Ebay and found these rims and i'm really interest in these rims really like it........
But when i compare the price to other brand. This Konig brand is a lot cheaper than other brand..... so i wonder if this is a bad brand or something? or can i trust this brand? does any1 using this?
here is some pic
and also the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-9-...Q5fAccessories
Thanks a lot GUY )
Attached Thumbnails Getting New Rims, and Really Need Some Advice!!!!!!!!!!!-5862.jpg  
Old 09-09-10, 01:11 PM
g_abac
Pole Position

If you concentrate on quality, you should use Forged wheels.
Old 09-09-10, 01:57 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's cheaper for a reason IMO. If you can afford the higher quality stuff then I'd recommend you saving for it. If you can't then get the cheaper knockoff stuff.
Old 09-09-10, 02:02 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Konig wheel sucks, crappy customer support, rude retailers, and generally poor quality wheels.
Old 09-09-10, 02:08 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

whats ur budget? Im sure we can help find a nicer set for around the same price.
Old 09-09-10, 02:14 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I've seen them on a MRM is in Houston. Looked pretty good. Yeah, they arent the highest quality, but if that doesnt matter to you, i say do it. Avoid potholes and keep 'em clean, you'll be lookin better than stock. I have MRR GT-1's, also not that high of quality, but i enjoy them Can i afford 3-4k rims? yes. Do i want to spend 3-4k on rims? Nahhh. I'll just swap these for another mediocre set if i ever get bored.
Old 09-09-10, 03:03 PM
danhtran
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikez
Konig wheel sucks, crappy customer support, rude retailers, and generally poor quality wheels.
Thanks.....how bad is it? is it like easy to break? or something?
bc i dont have much experience on rims tho. i dont care what brand but i like this rims tho

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
whats ur budget? Im sure we can help find a nicer set for around the same price.
Well my budge is around $1300
i really like the way this rims look. i want something that look like that
anyway thanks
Originally Posted by heyarms
I've seen them on a MRM is in Houston. Looked pretty good. Yeah, they arent the highest quality, but if that doesnt matter to you, i say do it. Avoid potholes and keep 'em clean, you'll be lookin better than stock. I have MRR GT-1's, also not that high of quality, but i enjoy them Can i afford 3-4k rims? yes. Do i want to spend 3-4k on rims? Nahhh. I'll just swap these for another mediocre set if i ever get bored.
hey what rims u got? any pix?
btw ur in Houston right?
Old 09-09-10, 03:14 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, but the 2 wheel brands I can't stand, are Konig and Forgiato.

My opinion ofcourse, I know nothing about their services, quality and stuff.
Old 09-09-10, 04:23 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I have 19" staggered MRR GT-1's, the hyper silver or whatever color they call it. A tiny pic is in my sig, no real money shots of them haha but yeah I'm in NW Houston!
Old 09-09-10, 09:36 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danhtran
Thanks.....how bad is it? is it like easy to break? or something?
bc i dont have much experience on rims tho. i dont care what brand but i like this rims tho
As you already know, replica wheels are pretty easy to damage from bad roads, where as stronger more "brand name" wheels bend and flex from potholes, which can be fixed, Konig is brittle and usually just end up cracking open like an egg shell, which is unfixable.

I cracked one of my old Konig open, I called them up with photo proofs about how the wheel was not bent and thus the wheel cracked on the first impact, which means the caste was very weak, and they told me to send it to them.

After they got my wheels they said I was driving in excessive speeds and it was completely my fault, and wanted 30 bucks to ship it back to me. Everyone who's gone to meets in the tri state area with me knows I drive like a grandma so that was completel BS, I told them to go F themselves and spent 2k on a proper set of wheels.

I still got 3 Konig rims hanging out in my garage right now

Bump your budget up to 1.6k and you can pick up brand new 18" Work wheels or used 19" Work or Volks which are really good quality wheels.
Old 09-09-10, 09:54 PM
Likwid XTC
Lead Lap

what mikez said, looking for a nice set of wheels in the wheels and classfied, i mean im selling volks that have some curb rashes cheap. i if was lookin for wheels and didnr wanrt to spend big money, id get seomthing like im selling and get them refinshed in the future and bam u got expensive wheels for cheap, im sure other can vouch for that.

at the moment im thi nkin og picking up a set of beat wheels and getting them refinshed, new lips and etc
Old 09-09-10, 10:21 PM
SoDiezl350
Driver

You can get some amazing deals buying used. I'm about to sell my iForged at a fraction of the cost as new. It lets you step into a really set of wheels at the price of some of the much cheaper ones. The nice part is that ppl frequently want to trade for your stock wheels as well which is what I will be doing as well.
Old 09-09-10, 10:33 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just save for a set of Volks or SSR, good price for good JDM wheels
Old 09-10-10, 07:50 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

There's a guy selling bronze TEs 19x8.5 19x9.5 +22 all around for like $1800 on g35driver.com. Save up for a nice set of wheels man.
Old 09-10-10, 07:54 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

$1300 is a good budget, but i would def save up a few more weeks and get some quality wheels that you can get for around $1800+. Its worth it. It just makes sense to have a $40k car and have good quality wheels to go along with it..... and it Doesnt make sense to have a $40k car and cheap out on wheels. Thats just my personal opinion though.

Quick Reply: Getting New Rims, and Really Need Some Advice!!!!!!!!!!!