IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need Help Deciding on a used IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-10, 10:56 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
if you really like it, ask for 23k out the door.
Might probably end up with 24k finally.
Just want to make sure I'm getting a fair deal.
Old 09-12-10, 10:59 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Id check the classified section. There is a guy selling his 350 and he's from SO Cal. Has a Lot of accessories. Think he's parting it out though.
Old 09-12-10, 12:11 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Black Book from my CU shows the following information for 07 IS350 with navigation and 44k miles for CA:
Retail Extra Clean 27,850, Clean 26,500, Average 24,650 and Rough 20,925.

Trade In: Clean 23,125, Average 21,575 and Rough 17,070.
Old 09-12-10, 01:09 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

I would rate this car to be clean...maybe even qualifies for extra clean.

No dings or scratches on the body. If there is, it's very small and needs to be screen with a very detailed eyes before you can spot it. Only a small scratch on the hood about 0.5" long. Not too deep...looks like something off the highway hit it while driving. Not too bad and not too noticeable. Engine bay has been cleaned. Interior is clean or has been clean thoroughly (nothing I can see after removing the flap on the back seat). No damage to interior.

With the specs...would it be safe to say that 24K is ok? This is before tax and DMV registration fees.
Old 09-12-10, 03:09 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i'd say it is a fair price.

2008 IS250 in my areas go for 27k + taxes for similarly loaded with around 35k miles.

this is an IS350.
Old 09-12-10, 04:19 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by neomedic
No memory seats.

What is in the premium and X package? Mostly like the car has one of these.

I think you are right about the HKS exhaust. I was told the exhaust mod was from the factory. I don't see any F-sport logo at all on there. Anyway to confirm HKS exhaust?? I think it would be HKS from factory since this was a leased car. Doubt they would mod a leased car? There's penalty for that right? I have no experience on leasing cars.

Premium Package is heated/vented seats and woodgrain. If it doesn't have memory seats, but DOES have heated/vented, then it has the premium package.

X package is sport pedals, sport suspension, front lip spoiler, illuminated scuff plates, and special 5-spoke wheels. If it doesn't have memory seats but DOES have the sport pedals and the lip spoiler it's likely the X package.... since it's either that or they added those bits afterward. So most likely X pack and they swapped the X pack wheels for those aftermarket ones.

The mufflers would probably say HKS on em someplace but you'd have to get under the car to see it if they do... it's a pretty likely guess that's what it is though as it's the only "factory" exhaust upgrade Lexus offered prior to F-sport.
Old 09-12-10, 04:28 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

KURTZ

Upon further research, looks like it has the Premium and X package, according to the dealer paperwork that I was shown.

Also has Navi and Camera.

So now that we know what's on the car.....is it a good deal. Let me know so I can get into my first Lexus

2007 / 44,000 miles

Last edited by neomedic; 09-12-10 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-12-10, 04:35 PM
ScKcBc
Lexus Test Driver

I think 24k is a fair price for both parties. I paid 27k for the same exact car with sport, but without the X package last november. It had 25k on it.
Old 09-12-10, 08:57 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Ok, so sounds like total options are:

Premium Package
X Package
Navigation (no ML)
Lexus HKS exhaust

24k is probably a fair price for the car... it's not a phenomenal one but it's not bad... and having service records every 5k from a dealership is a nice bonus...

Even better, at 44k miles and an 07 it should still be in factory warranty, so you can get any TSIBs done to it that haven't been done yet, and have the option to get the Lexus extended warranty (if you do want that, get it from one of the couple guys online who sell it cheaply, NOT your local dealer who gets twice as much)

Be sure to check the in-service date first though... the very first 07s to hit dealer lots were almost exactly 4 year ago now, so those are right on the verge of moving out of warranty.

Wasn't entirely clear if this is from a local dealership, or a private party?

If it's private party you can probably offer a touch lower and get it...

If it's a dealer and they're firm on price see if they'll throw in a few free oil changes or something... the upcoming 45k, 50k and 55k services are just oil changes really... (60k is the "expensive" one, entailing an oil change as well as brake fluid and spark plug changes)
Old 09-12-10, 10:00 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

Thanks Kurtz

It's from a Lexus dealership and they are kind of firm on the $24K. But in preliminary talks, I did ask for a free oil change and they are OK with that. And they already change the oil and replace the wiper blades and some other stuff. So I'm good till 50K miles before next oil change =)

I am interested in getting an extended Lexus warranty. While I may not need it since they seem to be pretty reliable, extra peace of mind would be nice since sometimes I make the drive from LA to San Francisco.

How much would the extended warranty be to get online? It's a Lexus extended warranty right? So I would be able to take it to any Lexus dealership if trouble arises. And who are the people to talk to about this?

Looks like I'll be going back to the dealership and hopefully get a few more deals thrown in and then I'll be in my first Lexus!!!

Edit: Thanks guys for all your help. I really didn't know how much things are since I'm new to Lexus ownership.

Last edited by neomedic; 09-12-10 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-13-10, 08:18 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by neomedic
Thanks Kurtz

It's from a Lexus dealership and they are kind of firm on the $24K. But in preliminary talks, I did ask for a free oil change and they are OK with that. And they already change the oil and replace the wiper blades and some other stuff. So I'm good till 50K miles before next oil change =)

I am interested in getting an extended Lexus warranty. While I may not need it since they seem to be pretty reliable, extra peace of mind would be nice since sometimes I make the drive from LA to San Francisco.

How much would the extended warranty be to get online? It's a Lexus extended warranty right? So I would be able to take it to any Lexus dealership if trouble arises. And who are the people to talk to about this?

Looks like I'll be going back to the dealership and hopefully get a few more deals thrown in and then I'll be in my first Lexus!!!

Edit: Thanks guys for all your help. I really didn't know how much things are since I'm new to Lexus ownership.

If you do a quick search you'll find contact info for two guys... Troy Dietrich and Toby Rivers... both sell Genuine Lexus Extended warranties (they both work at dealerships) but they sell em to any lexus owner anywhere in the country, at greatly discounted pricing compared to most local dealers.

Most local dealers seem to want like $2200-2600 or something crazy for it... their pricing will be more like 1400-1800ish, depending on the exact model and the exact warranty (there's a couple different levels and lengths on them).

Anyway, I'd say look up the contact info for both, get a quote from both, and go with the cheaper one (they're usually within 50-100 bucks of each other)

You have until your factory warranty expires (4 years from first in-service date or 50k miles, whichever comes first) to add the extended warranty.