Need Help Deciding on a used IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-10, 10:32 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Deciding on a used IS 350

Looking to get a used IS and need some help in determining the specs:

It's a 2007. Charcoal exterior with black interior. Navigation and review view camera. Heated and Cooled seats with perforated leather. It also has metal door stills (but I don't think they light up). Also has metal gas and brake paddles. It also has a front lip on the bumper. Xenon lights. Navigation and back up camera.

It has an "up-graded" exhaust system from Lexus. Actually sounds pretty nice and throaty. How much more was this option from lexus???

Lastly has some 18" rims. But I don't know the make and if they are good. Anyone got any info on who makes this? I have a pic of the cap:

Has 44,000 miles. Looks pretty clean and has a clean title from car fax with all regular scheduled maintenance at Santa Monica Lexus. Was a leased car. Asking for 24K

Last edited by neomedic; 09-12-10 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 01:12 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

haggle to 21
Old 09-12-10, 02:32 AM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

not sure about the wheels....

also 44k miles for a is350 i would say try asking for around 21k too IF the car doesnt have navigation with it.

Also try looking if they have a Mark Levinson sound system which is always a plus.

If it doesnt have navigation and ML sound system, ask for 21k.

I got my car full package for 32k for 10,000 miles 2007 model, and bought it 2 years ago.

So definitely over depreciation value and if no navi and ML sound system, definitely 21k. any higher... try passing.

If anyone can chime on the wheels... that would be good too.

best of luck

------------
Edit saw the navi lol. See if they have ML sound system. other than that 24k is alright.
Old 09-12-10, 05:35 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Forgot to mention that....

Has navigation and back up rear view camera.
Old 09-12-10, 06:31 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would offer about $21K for that car too. I've never heard of that brand wheel before, so I doubt it actually adds value to the car (so don't let them try and jack the price up saying it's got custom wheels on it). They look like Volk Progressive ME replicas.

You may want to check the "upgraded" exhaust. If it's an authentic F-Sport exhaust, that's worth at least $1K.
Old 09-12-10, 07:18 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

How do I confirm that it's an F-sport exhaust?? It's a 2007 model. Did they have F-sport exhaust back then?

It does look and sound like this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fvyziqaNzY

Any markings I can look for to confirm?
But I'm not sure if it's an F-sport or not.
Thanks everyone!!!! This forum has been a big help!!

Last edited by neomedic; 09-12-10 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 07:32 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It would say F Sport on the side of the exhaust tip and would look like this:

Old 09-12-10, 07:43 AM
Micaiah

Oh and a little tip:

Be nosy, be picky. You are investing your hard earned dollars into this car.

When I was shopping for an IS I found a car that I liked but there was just something about it that bothered me. It had a bit of a strange smell to it and there were scratch marks here and there. One spot of the driver's seat looked like it had been repaired. I kept going back to it, trying to figure out why I felt funny about it.

Then for some Godforsaken reason I pulled down the little leather flaps in the back seats where the top and bottom meet. Lo and behold there was dog hair in there. So much dog hair that it was obvious the dog spent A LOT of time in it. I mean, how the heck does dog hair get in there??

By the way, this car was at a Lexus dealer. Even THEY couldn't get it clean enough. That tells you something.

As I recall, you were concerned about smoke smell. If that funk is still lingering, IMO the car was not cleaned properly/regularly which to me tells me how it was cared. Ask for any kind of service records or proof the oil changes were done on time or done at all.

But then again I'm kind of picky.

Last edited by Micaiah; 09-12-10 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 07:55 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Here is one of the pics he sent me earlier. I will see if there are any markings that says F-sport.

Can anyone show me where to look for the F-sport markings? If it's not a F-sport, how much is it worth?

Last edited by neomedic; 09-12-10 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 07:59 AM
Micaiah

Unless there's another type of F sport exhaust that does not look F sporty to me. I don't see the little flare outs of the tips. And those look single walled, not double.

The markings would be on the side of the tips, facing outward.

Last edited by Micaiah; 09-12-10 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 08:38 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Ok...I think they are not F-sport.

But how much would an exhaust add to the value?

For being in Los Angeles, how much would you say this car would be for a good value, OK deal, and max you would pay? Thanks.
Old 09-12-10, 09:18 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Oh and a little tip:

Be nosy, be picky. You are investing your hard earned dollars into this car.

When I was shopping for an IS I found a car that I liked but there was just something about it that bothered me. It had a bit of a strange smell to it and there were scratch marks here and there. One spot of the driver's seat looked like it had been repaired. I kept going back to it, trying to figure out why I felt funny about it.

Then for some Godforsaken reason I pulled down the little leather flaps in the back seats where the top and bottom meet. Lo and behold there was dog hair in there. So much dog hair that it was obvious the dog spent A LOT of time in it. I mean, how the heck does dog hair get in there??

By the way, this car was at a Lexus dealer. Even THEY couldn't get it clean enough. That tells you something.

As I recall, you were concerned about smoke smell. If that funk is still lingering, IMO the car was not cleaned properly/regularly which to me tells me how it was cared. Ask for any kind of service records or proof the oil changes were done on time or done at all.

But then again I'm kind of picky.
Thanks for the input. I kind of gave up on the smoky car. It was cheaper, but since I'm a not a smoker and most people say you will never really get the smell out to a "barely noticeable" level, I decided I don't want to deal with that.

This is a different car. I will try to look behind the seats and stuff on this one. But from the smell and look of this one...looks pretty clean.

Records show that about every 5,000 miles, it was taken into Santa Monica dealership for maintenance.
Old 09-12-10, 10:31 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Does it have memory seats? if so that's sport package, otherwise probably premium pkg and X package with swapped wheels.

Lexus offered an HKS exhaust system on the 2IS before the F-sport option was offered (and all but the mufflers are identical between em) so that'd probably what is on the car.
Old 09-12-10, 10:35 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

No memory seats.

What is in the premium and X package? Mostly like the car has one of these.

I think you are right about the HKS exhaust. I was told the exhaust mod was from the factory. I don't see any F-sport logo at all on there. Anyway to confirm HKS exhaust?? I think it would be HKS from factory since this was a leased car. Doubt they would mod a leased car? There's penalty for that right? I have no experience on leasing cars.

So what is the verdict? How much is it worth in LA market?

Thanks.

Last edited by neomedic; 09-12-10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 10:38 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you really like it, ask for 23k out the door.
Might probably end up with 24k finally.

Quick Reply: Need Help Deciding on a used IS 350