where to get tires installed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-10 | 05:29 AM
eternal07
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to get tires installed?

I bought another set of Hankook A/S V4 245/50R18 for 07 LS460

LEXUS was booked up so I went to local tire shops to get tires installed but they won't do it. They said they are too busy even though they only have one car in their garage.
Went to another local auto shop and they told me that they are closing early @4pm so they won't do it. It was 2pm when I got there.....

Everyone seems like they don't want to do it since I didn't buy tires from them.

Where do you get yours install?

and How much does it cost?

For my IS, I spent $90 to get tires mounted and had to go to LEXUS to get them balanced $100 plus because F****ing Pepboys' machine can't go over 65mph.. WTF..they told me after 3 visits to get re-balanced
Also they damaged my rim. Manager is F***in idiot. I shouldve brought my cam to record him. Pepboys in PA 19403 is the worst.

Lexus tech said " I don't know where you get urs mounted but It too far off that I had to take all the weights out and start again."
Old 09-12-10 | 06:08 AM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

have you ever owned a car before?

And since your asking I have my changed at Discount Tire in Orlando, FL. May be a bit of a drive, but they do awesome work at that store.
Old 09-12-10 | 06:55 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

step 1: Get on computer ( ie: Apple, Dell, Compaq, etc)

step 2: Open up web browser( ie: Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc)

Step 3: Go to http://www.yellowpages.com/

Step 4: Enter "tires" into Business section, and enter your city in the Location section. (Dont literally type in "your city", type in the city you are currently in)

Step 5: Choose a tire shop location

Step 6: Call up and verify the tire shop will perform the service. (If you do not have a cell phone or a land line you can always borrow a neighbors)

Step 7: Go to that location with tire (ie: Walk, drive, etc)

Step 8: Have them perform task

Step 9: Pay the shop for their services (cash, debit, credit, NO CHECKS!)

Last edited by Wierdazndu; 09-12-10 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-12-10 | 07:51 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eternal07
LEXUS was booked up
Seems like you currently have tires/rims on your car right now - can you make an appt? Or is it important to have them installed now? Today is Sunday, a lot of places might be closed for service but not necessarily sales.

Usually with new tire/wheel install (or at least with MY experience) I had to get not only a balance but an alignment as well.
Old 09-12-10 | 07:53 AM
eternal07
Pole Position

Originally Posted by s6 4rings
have you ever owned a car before?

And since your asking I have my changed at Discount Tire in Orlando, FL. May be a bit of a drive, but they do awesome work at that store.
yes i did but i always had new car every year or maybe 2 years so i never had to get a tire until I owned lexus

Cant find discount tire here in PA...we have just 4 tires but they are B****
Old 09-12-10 | 07:55 AM
eternal07
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Seems like you currently have tires/rims on your car right now - can you make an appt? Or is it important to have them installed now? Today is Sunday, a lot of places might be closed for service but not necessarily sales.

Usually with new tire/wheel install (or at least with MY experience) I had to get not only a balance but an alignment as well.
Yeap Today is sunday.
All that happened Yesterday. ^^
Old 09-12-10 | 08:18 AM
Micaiah

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Was going by the post stamp so I thought it might have happened yesterday. Figured you were going to try again today. Just trying to help. Sorry.
Old 09-12-10 | 09:38 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 244 Posts

I'd recommend going to the Tire Rack website, clicking installation, and punching in your zip code. You'll see tire shops in your area with prices and customer reviews. The shops that are listed as "price pledge plus" are usually a good bet, since they guarantee to charge exactly the prices published on the web site, and have scored well on their reviews.
Old 09-13-10 | 02:57 PM
eternal07
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Was going by the post stamp so I thought it might have happened yesterday. Figured you were going to try again today. Just trying to help. Sorry.
Hahaha no need to feel sorry.
Thanks for the reply.
I got my tires installed today ( Monday ^^)
Old 09-13-10 | 02:57 PM
eternal07
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bichon
I'd recommend going to the Tire Rack website, clicking installation, and punching in your zip code. You'll see tire shops in your area with prices and customer reviews. The shops that are listed as "price pledge plus" are usually a good bet, since they guarantee to charge exactly the prices published on the web site, and have scored well on their reviews.
Thankz
+1