IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone have ordering issues with Sewell?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 12:05 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have ordering issues with Sewell?

This is the second time these people screwed up my order. First it was my 09 style tails they forgot the harness's and I had to wait 2-3 days after I recieved the tails. I also heard the same thing happened to another member. Then I order the white illuminated door sills. I recieve one blue and one white one. I know they'll make good and ship me out the other one but what the hell? After I wait a week for my order and its screwed up it pisses me off.
Old 09-17-10, 12:42 PM
sigteacher
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you call them directly? I had a slight mixup in one of my orders and the rep. fixed the issued and gave me my cabin filter free.
Old 09-17-10, 12:46 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

i never had a problem with them. I emailed a parts person for some clips for my fender liners and they took care of everything. i was very pleased with it.
Old 09-17-10, 01:01 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Never had a problem with them.
I'm sure they will take care of you if they made an mistake.
Old 09-17-10, 01:14 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stuff like this happens.. "LET IT GO.."
Old 09-17-10, 01:21 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

I was actually very mad at them for charging 10 dollar to ship me 2 badges which can be shipped at the cost of lesser than a dollar. I simply asked them to reduce the shipping cost because it's a rip off . They banned my account on their site. I will not buy anything else from them again
Old 09-17-10, 01:32 PM
sangomaru
Driver

Originally Posted by flektone
This is the second time these people screwed up my order. First it was my 09 style tails they forgot the harness's and I had to wait 2-3 days after I recieved the tails. I also heard the same thing happened to another member. Then I order the white illuminated door sills. I recieve one blue and one white one. I know they'll make good and ship me out the other one but what the hell? After I wait a week for my order and its screwed up it pisses me off.
yeah, same exact thing happened to me when i ordered the blue illuminated door sills. got one white, one blue. i called Darrel about this and he sent out a new set (blue) and received it within 3 days. stuff happens, but they'll take care of it.
Old 09-17-10, 04:59 PM
es808
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sewell ordering

I too got in contact with Darrel over a trim part that I couldn't find on their website. I briefly described it and he got me the correct one right away. No problems with them...
Old 09-17-10, 06:21 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just cant order from my pc. i turn off all the cookies, anti virus, and firewall, etc. still wont let me
Old 09-17-10, 07:01 PM
Deros
Driver

Originally Posted by mong
stuff like this happens.. "LET IT GO.."
I think that is the wrong attitude. Look at our economy. Should we say "stuff happens and Let It Go" I know it is a big difference but a little thing can eventually lead to bigger things.

So I would rather say "if you see something coming, get out of the way". For this matter, go to another company and see if they do better. Money talks and Sewell will hear if enough people "get out of the way".
Old 09-17-10, 07:59 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered a steering damper from them ... didnt have a problem
Old 09-17-10, 08:12 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by flektone
Yeah I am the one bought the 09+ tail lights which got only outer wire harness, after contact Darrel, he shipped out over night, which is great but as far as contact them by phone, no one there to pick up the phone I don't know why, but my friend's and I never got hold of anyone at the phone desk if you email Darrel directly he will fix the problem
Old 09-18-10, 07:20 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Yeah I am the one bought the 09+ tail lights which got only outer wire harness, after contact Darrel, he shipped out over night, which is great but as far as contact them by phone, no one there to pick up the phone I don't know why, but my friend's and I never got hold of anyone at the phone desk if you email Darrel directly he will fix the problem
yeah i have noticed that no one answers often. But ill usually call like 10 times throughout the day and eventually get someone. You can also call the actual lexus dealer there. Someone always picks up and they will transfer to internet sales which is where we order from.
Old 09-18-10, 10:19 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

If this becomes a problem for you, perhaps you can talk to Darrel or some managers. Let them know that it happened twice. Sewell then can get on shipping departments ****...
Old 09-18-10, 10:37 AM
BlackFish8
Pole Position

I've never had any problems ordering with Sewell... Darrell has been more than accommodating when I ask him any inquiries regarding parts.

Quick Reply: Anyone have ordering issues with Sewell?