IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Did you regret paying over $200 for Black Pearl Emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10, 11:10 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoL...now all wives or significant others aside...were the Bp's worth it?
Old 09-26-10, 04:58 AM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya i don't wanna pay $200 for such a small item. Maybe Ill get em when I get my rims painted Black Pearl, but until then, Plasti Dip
Old 09-26-10, 05:31 AM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

I heard our peoples are trending towards plastidip. Let me know how it looks and if it's durable. I'm thinking of doing my grilled surround.
Old 09-26-10, 10:19 AM
redline201
Lexus Test Driver

i used night shades (vht i believe makes it) on mine. Looks gunmetal. If you look up close you can see some imperfections but You cant tell just buy looking at a normal distance. Maybe i had poor technic. im sure it would come out better if someone with good rattle can skills gave it a shot. Plastidip on the other hand can be removed so if you dont like it peel it off and try s different route.
Old 09-26-10, 03:07 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

I have no regrets buying the BP emblems. I think they look great on a black car. My wife never knew the price....and I don't ask the price of her Coach purses.
Old 09-26-10, 04:24 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look great on some colors and are well worth the couple of hundred bucks, imo.
Old 09-26-10, 04:38 PM
nairb
Driver

Check out the DIY on the matte black or spray paint, honestly there is zero difference aside from the slight luster of the $200 ones. But its not a $200 shine lol. Get some plastic primer and plastic spray paint from your local store (MAKE SURE ITS FOR PLASTIC) and just prime and paint. No sanding. Get some double sided tape from 3M to paste it back on. Otherwise I'm sure most body shops will charge you a little to tape it on (the IS250/350) part is hard to get right because there are no pegs, but I spent less than 60 bucks. 40 for the shop to tape my IS250 on and then 20 or so for paint/tape.

good luck
Old 09-26-10, 04:46 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't pay extra... got it for free as part of my deal.... but did have to spend money to get the grill surrounding in black pearl to match... so technically I guess I did pay extra LOL
Old 09-27-10, 03:42 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shoganai
Didn't pay extra... got it for free as part of my deal.... but did have to spend money to get the grill surrounding in black pearl to match... so technically I guess I did pay extra LOL
Where did you get the BP grille surround?
Old 09-27-10, 03:49 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nairb
Check out the DIY on the matte black or spray paint, honestly there is zero difference aside from the slight luster of the $200 ones. But its not a $200 shine lol. Get some plastic primer and plastic spray paint from your local store (MAKE SURE ITS FOR PLASTIC) and just prime and paint. No sanding. Get some double sided tape from 3M to paste it back on. Otherwise I'm sure most body shops will charge you a little to tape it on (the IS250/350) part is hard to get right because there are no pegs, but I spent less than 60 bucks. 40 for the shop to tape my IS250 on and then 20 or so for paint/tape.

good luck
Thanks for the DIY! Actually, I ordered the BP's already. I've been doubting myself hence, this thread. I know it's only $200 and change but that money could have also gone towards another mod which I believe another member already pointed out. At any rate, those out there with the BP's, give me some feedback on how you felt after making the purchase.
Old 09-27-10, 04:17 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

i feel good. i know that i didnt have to paint it myself. i know if i tried to paint it, i would more than likely mess it up and have to buy a new set of emblems anyways. glad i saved some time. my GF didnt like the idea at first, but now she notices the difference because she knows my car has the BP emblems.
Old 09-27-10, 04:47 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by funnie
i feel good. i know that i didnt have to paint it myself. i know if i tried to paint it, i would more than likely mess it up and have to buy a new set of emblems anyways. glad i saved some time. my GF didnt like the idea at first, but now she notices the difference because she knows my car has the BP emblems.
Good point. I hate the idea of having to mess around with paints. There's always that 50/50 chance of messing up and having to deal with the frustrations of "rework". Please post a pic of your BP's
Old 09-27-10, 08:02 PM
kikkomanrj
Rookie

Frankly, I don't know how to explain to my wife that I paid over $200 for them.
Man this line is hilarious. Props for keeping it real.
Old 09-27-10, 08:33 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

front n back of the emblems. if your going to lower yur car, just be ready for rock chips on the front emblem

these pics are what i can find on my pc. its too hot to go outside right not to take pics... im sure u get a good idea of how it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Did you regret paying over 0 for Black Pearl Emblems?-a.jpg   Did you regret paying over 0 for Black Pearl Emblems?-b.jpg  
Old 09-27-10, 08:40 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suxeLSI003
Frankly, I don't know how to explain to my wife that I paid over $200 for them.
The trick is you don;t have to explain it to your wife. Thats the beauty of it. Let her find out for herself, then you can explain it to her. Something subtle like emblems, she probably wont even notice the difference.

or you can explain n plead your case over a really nice romantic dinner.

I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. good luck with the wife =)

Quick Reply: Did you regret paying over $200 for Black Pearl Emblems?