IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Best mod up to $250

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 08:45 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best mod up to $250

Pretty self explanatory but i haven't added mods since my roof spoiler and i'm desperate for something new. This begs the question...What are the best mods under 250 dollars??????? this can be lighting, exterior, performance, interior, whatever. I want to be able to notice it everyday. I was considering the Carbon Fiber diffuser from "Splay".

Thanks in advance. Lets see what the power of CL can bring me
Old 09-29-10, 08:54 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

personally i love my window tint, but real easy mods are messing with your decals (de badging or plastidiping them) and same for your grill and thatll cost only 10 bucks for a can. for 250$ though you could get lighting mods, checkout Xenondepot in the vender section, a set of blue 6k fogs and lowbeams look realll good.
Old 09-29-10, 08:54 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

tint ~160
lighting ~100

this is what i'd did with my first mods when i got my IS. plus, they're mods that i don't regret spending on, cuz i gave myself a solid budget to get what i needed. but after seeing all the great rides on CL, it's like the word "budget" becomes gibberish. lol defintely some great rides here!
Old 09-29-10, 08:58 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

Originally Posted by JoeCombs
personally i love my window tint, but real easy mods are messing with your decals (de badging or plastidiping them) and same for your grill and thatll cost only 10 bucks for a can. for 250$ though you could get lighting mods, checkout Xenondepot in the vender section, a set of blue 6k fogs and lowbeams look realll good.

I have tints which i forgot to mention. How hard is light installation though because i don't really have a lot of tools and i would very much prefer not to break my headlight assembly since they're newly replaced after an accident haha
Old 09-29-10, 09:09 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

F Sport rear sway bar? Are you even lowered yet? Didn't see it in the signature. Or save for coils.
Old 09-29-10, 09:11 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

^^^^ I was thinking the rear sway bar as well. It is worth it.
Old 09-29-10, 09:17 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sffd103
F Sport rear sway bar? Are you even lowered yet? Didn't see it in the signature. Or save for coils.
I'm sorta saving coils/lowering for later because of my driveway. It doesn't bottom out on the front lip, it bottoms out in the middle of the car and i already bottom out a tiny bit with a full carpool every morning so i'd rather do other stuff first.
Old 09-29-10, 09:44 PM
650IS350
Lead Lap

Intake>>>>>>>
Old 09-29-10, 09:52 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

i also vote for the f-sport rear sway bars
Old 09-29-10, 09:53 PM
busdepot
Lead Lap

get hid's for your nights & fogs or black out or CF your grille in vinyl wrap. Cheap mods and look great!
Old 09-29-10, 09:58 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

Originally Posted by busdepot
get hid's for your nights & fogs or black out or CF your grille in vinyl wrap. Cheap mods and look great!

I want to do the grill but i want to do it glossy black, like color matched to the car but i can't figure out the best way to do it (suggestions?). Once i do that i'm going to put on yellow fog light overlays that i have so wouldn't it not make a ton of sense to get HIDs?
Old 09-29-10, 10:04 PM
Orion
Rookie

f-sport rear sway bar. easily.
read the official thread in the suspension sub-forum and try not to buy one.

my favorite mod of all my mods, regardless of price. although i do have both front and rear sway bars.
Old 09-29-10, 10:11 PM
busdepot
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gbs350F
I want to do the grill but i want to do it glossy black, like color matched to the car but i can't figure out the best way to do it (suggestions?). Once i do that i'm going to put on yellow fog light overlays that i have so wouldn't it not make a ton of sense to get HIDs?
Matter of taste really. I have all of mine 8k. I think it looks good, but haters gon' hate. I vinyled mine in CF, but I did my roof in glossy black vinyl. You could also paint it yourself if you know what you're doing with a paint gun. I know there's a lot of guys on here that have the 3k HIDs for their fogs to they're brighter yellow than what the stock ones would put out and also have a yellow overlay.

The sway bar is also a great investment. There's not shortage of mods at this price point! Depends on what you want and what's important to you!
Old 09-29-10, 10:14 PM
gbs350F
Rookie

Originally Posted by busdepot
Matter of taste really. I have all of mine 8k. I think it looks good, but haters gon' hate. I vinyled mine in CF, but I did my roof in glossy black vinyl. You could also paint it yourself if you know what you're doing with a paint gun. I know there's a lot of guys on here that have the 3k HIDs for their fogs to they're brighter yellow than what the stock ones would put out and also have a yellow overlay.

The sway bar is also a great investment. There's not shortage of mods at this price point! Depends on what you want and what's important to you!
I've never heard of glossy vinyl till now. That solves all my problems. Where can i order it though. I checked aerotect who makes it but they don't sell it on the website it seems.
Old 09-29-10, 10:45 PM
busdepot
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gbs350F
I've never heard of glossy vinyl till now. That solves all my problems. Where can i order it though. I checked aerotect who makes it but they don't sell it on the website it seems.
Vinyl? Check out your local shops. I can guarantee you have a shop near you that sells glossy black vinyl. Here's a good idea of what it looks like when it's on. This is when I we were just tidying up with the heat gun. Good shine, you can see the garage door quite clearly in the picture from the reflection.
Attached Thumbnails Best mod up to 0-img_0093.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best mod up to $250