IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Good Price for a IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-10, 03:46 PM
ijimmyxi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good Price for a IS250?

Well theres a long story behind why my family might pick up an IS250 for me.
At first my moms friend said she was going to sell it to us for 20k... and of course we were like HELL YEAH WE'LL BUY IT! but now they are asking for 25k. So now its an iffy. The thing is we personally have not saw the car yet so I dont know if there is any flaws and what not. The thing is (sorry if im being very sterotypical) it was a asian girl driving it. So im afraid if she did not treat the car right like giving it oil changes on time... running over curbs... yeah again im sorry if i seem really sterotypical

So do you guys think it is worth 25k? If we do end up checking it out what should i look for and etc. btw i dont know what packages it has so im guessing it would probly just be basic.
Old 10-08-10, 03:51 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

a lot of things come in to factor when calculating prices such as miles, year, options, condition etc, find out more info and post later on im sure alot of ppl can help you out on this forum

just a couple of references, my friend bought a IS250 with premium package 07 AWD black with 18k miles for a out the door price at a dealer for 29k, no navi with warranty
Old 10-08-10, 03:54 PM
ijimmyxi
Driver School Candidate

oh whoops! lol im guessing the miles should be around 15k-20k... they said they only used it for going to school and stuff. its 2009 starfire pearl... and lets just say its basic packaged
Old 10-08-10, 03:55 PM
NCLexi250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ijimmyxi
Well theres a long story behind why my family might pick up an IS250 for me.
At first my moms friend said she was going to sell it to us for 20k... and of course we were like HELL YEAH WE'LL BUY IT! but now they are asking for 25k. So now its an iffy. The thing is we personally have not saw the car yet so I dont know if there is any flaws and what not. The thing is (sorry if im being very sterotypical) it was a asian girl driving it. So im afraid if she did not treat the car right like giving it oil changes on time... running over curbs... yeah again im sorry if i seem really sterotypical

So do you guys think it is worth 25k? If we do end up checking it out what should i look for and etc. btw i dont know what packages it has so im guessing it would probly just be basic.

There is very little information to go on with what you've said... ie, how many miles is on it, what year is it, does it have navigation, etc. I think one of the most important things you want to check is the history of the car via its VIN #. Also is the car under warranty?? That might not seem necessary, but trust me, it makes all the difference in peace of mind.

Lastly, I really don't think having an asian girl as a previous driver would have any more impact over the history of the car, as say a 400 lb. dude. In fact, I think guys might tend to race their cars more or drive more aggressively, overall.

Just my $.02
Old 10-08-10, 04:14 PM
Hapa88
Driver School Candidate

$25k seems pretty good for under 20k mile on a 2009. I used http://www.cargurus.com/ to help me find a car for my fiancee.
Old 10-08-10, 04:20 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

With what little information you have available I think 25k seems like a good price for a 2009 and it honestly doesn't matter who drove the car. Anyone could be careless with a car.
Old 10-08-10, 04:25 PM
HS2G
Driver School Candidate

25K is a pretty good price for that IS250. Is it AWD? I bought my 08 last month with 22K miles for $26K. I'd say its a good price depending on condition.
Old 10-08-10, 04:34 PM
MBTC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since we are somewhat on the topic of chauvanistic stereotypes here I will comment that although I have not bought used cars in a long time, back when I did, I found that the cars I bought that previously had female drivers had been treated much easier than cars with male drivers. Not because female drivers are better necessarily, they just tend to drive less aggressively, thus less wear and tear (UNLESS SHE WRECKS IT).

One case in point was a car I had many years ago.. with me (natural lead foot) driving it seemed to be in the shop for fairly major repairs every 12 months or so. When I got married I gave it to my (now ex) wife, who was asian btw...with her driving it became a very reliable car. That is until the day she pulled out in front of another car which slammed into her, totalling both cars.
Old 10-08-10, 04:49 PM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ -1 ouch
Old 10-08-10, 04:54 PM
LexasRN
Driver School Candidate

I'd say it's a good deal for an '09, picked up my '06 with 60k for 20k... but it's fully loaded and awd...
Old 10-08-10, 05:07 PM
MBTC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ApokC
^^^ -1 ouch
Heh.. well not really. I'm just saying (in my experience) women are easier on cars as long as they don't wreck them. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-08-10, 05:14 PM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree though. Ya they may not get it maintained as often as it should, but they are FOR SURE not as hard on them as we are haha. They just drive... while we have fun
Old 10-08-10, 05:40 PM
ijimmyxi
Driver School Candidate

sorry to inform u guys =[ i just talked to my mom and now the friend raised it to 30K!! might as well buy a 2011 one right? lol... well my lease for my 328 is ending next year june hopefully i might end up getting a 2011 or 2012 if it comes out! loving the new headlights and tail lights. got my hopes up for no reason.
Old 10-08-10, 05:45 PM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

I looked for a while and I came across a banging deal...I paid 20k out the door for an 07 w/ 39k and factory warranty and everything is FLAWLESS....25k seems good but look around..you could get lucky like me
Old 10-08-10, 07:08 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why they keep raising the price of the car? Prices are not supposed to appreciate but depreciate. I would look somewhere else...

Quick Reply: Good Price for a IS250?