IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Has anyone used Genesis Coupe wheels on their IS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-10, 11:40 PM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RFFG
did you buy them?
still thinkin about it lol. wait, i noticed you're in FL too, are we talkin about the same wheels?
Old 10-14-10, 06:08 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea hahaha

he sold them btw

he's a member on another local forum and he let me know they were sold
Old 10-14-10, 06:09 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by juice14
Man that looks really good.... I guess im the only one that would be bothered by having hyundai wheels on the IS. Nothing against hyundai...
i see what you mean, but these look way too good lol

as long as the centercap isn't hyundai im good
Old 10-14-10, 08:06 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RFFG
yea hahaha

he sold them btw

he's a member on another local forum and he let me know they were sold
wow i just texted him last night and he said they're still available. if it's the same one then that was pretty quick. is the guy from Tamarac?
Old 10-14-10, 08:25 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

i was going to pick them up last night and he told me they were gone, yes it's the guy from tamarac
Old 10-14-10, 08:27 AM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

so i guess it's time to whor3 the genesis forum

lol
Old 10-14-10, 08:39 AM
650IS350
Lead Lap

I think I'm missing the part where we have a pretty good high dollar luxury car thats fast but you want to put a low dollar hyundai rims on it. Be it that it looks cool but the principal of the idea of putting hyundai parts on a more expensive nicer car like a lexus escapes my thought process. But it does look cool, not taking that away but it's still a hyundai, just sayin.
Old 10-14-10, 08:45 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 650IS350
I think I'm missing the part where we have a pretty good high dollar luxury car thats fast but you want to put a low dollar hyundai rims on it. Be it that it looks cool but the principal of the idea of putting hyundai parts on a more expensive nicer car like a lexus escapes my thought process. But it does look cool, not taking that away but it's still a hyundai, just sayin.
This is the worst mentality you can have (not just you, but a few in this thread). So what if it's a Hyundai? Does it look sick? Yes, and thats what counts. Would you wear an ugly lime green and pink track jacket just because it has armani tags all over it? I hope not... and if you would then dont be surprised when people laugh at you for being a try hard.
Old 10-14-10, 09:01 AM
650IS350
Lead Lap

Bro, you didn't see I said it looks cool I guess. I just said that I couldn't get it pass the " PRINCIPAL thought of having a luxury car and using a lower model/maker for parts.

You don't see people coming in bashing the folks that come in the threads talking down on folks for having reps instead of rocking authentic do you? I just mentioned that I couldn't get past that idea.

I did say it does look cool, LOL I had a feeling someone was gonna get bent out of shape with me saying that.
Old 10-14-10, 09:06 AM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

^^^

I didn't mean to insult, i just meant to say that everyone should have an open mind to things as long as its not an inferior product, and not just justify things on price tags and labels.
Old 10-14-10, 09:36 AM
650IS350
Lead Lap

none taken, you should look at my sig

I'm not much to following the heard, so I march to the beat of my own drums it means a lot of things and applies to car tuning too.
Old 10-14-10, 09:49 AM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

like the clean OEM look
Old 10-14-10, 11:31 AM
Eurosport
Rookie

hmmm you do realize you drive a Toyota right?

you do also know most car manufacturers are not wheel manufacturers, same wheel company could have made the oem wheels for 2, 3 or whatever other car manufacturers...

don't let marketing get the best of you lol
Old 10-14-10, 12:05 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Bro, you didn't see I said it looks cool I guess. I just said that I couldn't get it pass the " PRINCIPAL thought of having a luxury car and using a lower model/maker for parts.

You don't see people coming in bashing the folks that come in the threads talking down on folks for having reps instead of rocking authentic do you? I just mentioned that I couldn't get past that idea.

I did say it does look cool, LOL I had a feeling someone was gonna get bent out of shape with me saying that.
Bro, a lot of people here put cheap wheels on their car all the time. MRR, Five Axis, Enkie.
Not everybody can afford Works or Volks. And the IS line is not that expensive.

Last edited by Initial_K; 10-14-10 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-14-10, 12:49 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hyundai might be a much cheaper brand than lexus, but these are OEM hyundai rims. Most OEM rims are of very high quality for one important reason: if they fail, they will kill the driver and the company will be left with a huge lawsuit.

Therefore im pretty sure these rims will be very strong, along with already looking very nice, makes for a pretty decent wheel choice. the only downside is for brand ***** people who dont want "hyundai" products

Quick Reply: Has anyone used Genesis Coupe wheels on their IS?