Tonight was not a good night to go cruising

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-10, 06:14 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonight was not a good night to go cruising

So I just got into my first car accident a few hours ago
I rear ended someone and damaged my passenger side headlight, bumper, and the hood.

Surprisingly I'm calm, but I'm just upset about fixing everything and not being able to drive my car

here's the damage (taken by a camera phone)...

& it sucks that it happened during the weekend 'cause the body shop isn't open and I can't get a quote ASAP. So for now my car is with a friend because I can't have it in my sight.

Last edited by Dvo; 10-16-10 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-16-10, 06:26 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Hey that sucks
Hopefully everyone sounds like they were all right, and that's all that really matters =)

and not having your car sucks! when my car got hit by a tree branch it took THREE weeks in the shop to fix it!
Old 10-16-10, 06:39 PM
TOPSECRTIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry about your luck, it will be back to normal before you know it.
Old 10-16-10, 06:49 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ELL Y
Hey that sucks
Hopefully everyone sounds like they were all right, and that's all that really matters =)

and not having your car sucks! when my car got hit by a tree branch it took THREE weeks in the shop to fix it!
what did you have to fix?!
Old 10-16-10, 06:59 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the accident. Just glad to hear that noone was injured.

I almost got into an accident myself... again it was at a Chinese shopping complex. Some Ahole decided to beat me before I can back out of my spot. I checked there were no cars in sight... then proceeded to back up slowly. Then this idiot in an ES decided to be Speed Racer to go around me while I'm backing up. Good thing my wife saw that Ahole!

Some peope just have no patience. I would've waited for some to back up instead going around him/her... just common courtesy and avoid an accident.

Sorry for the Of topic. Just had to rant...
Old 10-16-10, 07:06 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to see this man. Upgrade to different bumpers/headlights?
Old 10-16-10, 07:39 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shadowman
Sorry to hear about the accident. Just glad to hear that noone was injured.

I almost got into an accident myself... again it was at a Chinese shopping complex. Some Ahole decided to beat me before I can back out of my spot. I checked there were no cars in sight... then proceeded to back up slowly. Then this idiot in an ES decided to be Speed Racer to go around me while I'm backing up. Good thing my wife saw that Ahole!

Some peope just have no patience. I would've waited for some to back up instead going around him/her... just common courtesy and avoid an accident.

Sorry for the Of topic. Just had to rant...
haha, it's okay...i know what you mean though
I wasn't injured, however the guy that I rear ended had to go to the hospital because I guess he was in shock or something...so I feel really bad
Old 10-16-10, 07:42 PM
dayrinni
Rookie

That sucks man!!! I hope everyone is OK. You'll get it fixed. I got rearended and my car was out for 8 days and the price tag on the other person's insurance was around $3,500.

Anyways, I went to the mall today with my fiance and back. Man there were SO MANY crazy drivers out. It was very odd for the area. A lot of people were swerving in and out of lanes, cutting in and out at the wrong times. I was driving through an intersection and one BMW was making a left and almost tail-boned me!

Before that, we were driving on a route behind like 5 or 6 cars. This truck behind me decided to pass me AND EVERYONE ELSE AHEAD OF ME IN ON-COMING TRAFFIC!!!

WTF?????????????????

He almost killed a ton of people. I slowed a lot and was thinking to myself "AM I REALLY SEEING THIS?" What did my fiance do? She laid on my ****ing horn hard core for a good 30 seconds. Haha, it was great (only because no one got hurt).

The crazies were out today people. Maybe it is a full moon...
Old 10-16-10, 07:42 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brociouz
Sorry to see this man. Upgrade to different bumpers/headlights?
Just so it's clear, I'm a female

Upgraded headlights would be expensive, fixing one headlight is gonna cost a lot...let alone upgrading, haha.

Maybe if I have money left over from the insurance I could add a lip kit or fix my rear bumper
Old 10-16-10, 07:45 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dayrinni
That sucks man!!! I hope everyone is OK. You'll get it fixed. I got rearended and my car was out for 8 days and the price tag on the other person's insurance was around $3,500.

Anyways, I went to the mall today with my fiance and back. Man there were SO MANY crazy drivers out. It was very odd for the area. A lot of people were swerving in and out of lanes, cutting in and out at the wrong times. I was driving through an intersection and one BMW was making a left and almost tail-boned me!

Before that, we were driving on a route behind like 5 or 6 cars. This truck behind me decided to pass me AND EVERYONE ELSE AHEAD OF ME IN ON-COMING TRAFFIC!!!

WTF?????????????????

He almost killed a ton of people. I slowed a lot and was thinking to myself "AM I REALLY SEEING THIS?" What did my fiance do? She laid on my ****ing horn hard core for a good 30 seconds. Haha, it was great (only because no one got hurt).

The crazies were out today people. Maybe it is a full moon...
Possibly! I wish I would've known sooner so I wouldn't go cruising, haha
then again...I'm one of the crazies
Old 10-16-10, 07:58 PM
dayrinni
Rookie

Originally Posted by dvo
I am sorry for calling you a man, haha. Please don't run me over! just kidding!

I do hope that you get this fixed out with no major difficulties and can get on with your life.
Old 10-16-10, 08:02 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dayrinni
I am sorry for calling you a man, haha. Please don't run me over! just kidding!

I do hope that you get this fixed out with no major difficulties and can get on with your life.
thanks, man
Old 10-16-10, 08:44 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dvo
Hi dvo and welcome to CL!

Please don't let this accident make you feel like you shouldn't go cruising. It's your car to enjoy so do it! It's called an accident for a reason, because it's not on purpose.

As for the person having to go to the hospital, hopefully they will be okay, it's better to get checked out than not. Looking at the damage to your car, it doesn't seem like you slammed into them at a high speed, so maybe the injuries are not that bad.

Monday is only a day away, and if you are like most of us here, you will have this taken care of before Tuesday begins. It's hard, I know. But the worst is over and it can't get anything but better.
Old 10-16-10, 08:52 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident, definitely time to get a new bumper or a new lip kit...

How did it happen?
Old 10-16-10, 09:11 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

damn! sucks to have it happen period, even more so when body shops are closed for the weekend. hopefully come monday, it'll get a quote and be on its way to repair. sorry dude! in the meantime, try not to think about it. time passes by real slow initially, but before you know it, your car will be back in no time. best of luck!

Quick Reply: Tonight was not a good night to go cruising